MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

its Saturday. TIME TO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Author its Saturday. TIME TO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE
consumed
ok all you procrastinators and live for the weekend types.
it is saturday. it is a Good Time to be making some noise.

your mandate, for at least 30 minutes every Saturday, is to go get up on your machines and make some noise and record it. feel free to share it if you want.

im runnin down to the post office to mail some modules, then coming back to get on it. can you tell the coffee is kicking in?
J.w.M.
Hell yes!
This seems like a good time to start my next 2008 Challenge track.
zerosum
Yeah, I'll probly be doing something musical tonight/today.
I upgraded to Pro Tools 7.4 from 7.1 last night which took more work than I had anticipated.
I was asleep at 6 am and had to get up at 8 :shock:

heheheh, I had to upgrade to Service Pack 2, which sucked because I didn't have an option, "pro tools installation wont continue without SP2 installed."
Or some error like that.

So I have to go download it.
Then install it, aggg hehehe.
Yay, then I install and my computer uses 5 % more ram than it did before when it boots up evil
Another silly message comes up telling me I need security updates before I can proceed with pro tools installation.

Now I'm not going plug my computer that doesnt go online, online,
Then run windows update to get a new version of windows update and get a thousand updates I dont need or want when it worked just fine before,

So I go hunting around to see what update is needed on various forums,
Then I find it and install it.

Ahh shit I gotta uninstall and update a few plugins too..More time goes by.

But now I am finally ready to play and this will be the last major system update I will have to do for a while, so things should be pretty smooth from here on out.

I still have to upgrade to the lastest Reaktor, but all I can see that is new in that is a compatability with mactels, and a new challenge/response/ new way of authorizing reaktor.
Nothing that is worth the hassel of uninstalling/reinstalling and new security system...blah NI just needs to go with ILOK, Actually I think that everyone should go ILOK if they are using copy protection, I HATE challenge/response, I would much rather plug in a USB clunker into an unused port....That has ALL MY LICENSES ON IT(except for the KLC DE).

Oh yeah I also got the digitranslator license with a pro tools 110 book,
YAY! I know have compatability with everyone else....
LOL, I now have a function(OMF/AAF import and export) that just about every other DAW in includes for free, but I got it free so I guess its still the same.

Out of the 6 choices it seemed to be the best choice.
Although Hybrid looks tempting, I don't need another soft synth.
Synchronic is cool, I will have to get that someday.

Elastic Audio here I come!!!
I'm pretty sure that DP had similar features to that in 4.5.....
Oh well, Im ready to rock, but sleep first...
Muff Wiggler
hehe that was an awesome reminder about why i've basically not bothered even turning on my music computer for the past 2 years, except to do nothing more complicated that hit 'record' in Cubase to capture what's going on in my modular from time to time

too funny. as much awesome power as the DAW gives us, damn does it ever suck balls and make you not want to be creative
Muff Wiggler
of course once they are all setup and going' things tend to be smooth - i set my system up for the last time about 2 years ago - funnily, right around the time i stopped spending most of my music time with it. I came to the decision after years of daw-babysitting that i was just gonna keep the current config, which had everything I needed, and not bother updating stuff anymore. I don't have any challenge/response (and never will), it's all enter-a-serial-number or my Syncrosoft dongle.

Luckily there's been no more updates to SX3 since C4 came out, so I can pretty much sit pretty and not have to rebuild for a long time

which is good, because my patience for that shit is totally, totally spent hehe lol
tiny333
1-01011111010001

1?\

*hic*

(its in g±(
Kwote
can't do shit. been sick this weekend. but i'm cobbling together some ideas for the last track on my EP.

i use Cool Edit Pro 2.0

i use it as a basic multitrack. no looping, chopping, sequencing. none of that. just all live whatever i've got going on. CEP is my way of capturing it. i have WAVES plugins which i use for compression but that's it.
Chuck E. Jesus
did some modular jamming last night, but of course i didn't record any of it...this is what was up on my mixer this morning....

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/SEQLOOP.mp3
zerosum
Quote:
of course once they are all setup and going' things tend to be smooth - i set my system up for the last time about 2 years ago

Yeah this was the first time I had done any major updates in almost 2 years, aside from a few plugin updates.
I had actually planned on just staying at Pro Tools 7.0,
but since I want to make a career based on audio editing and post work revolving around it, I decided to move forward with the latest update,
plus the elastic audio offers a lot of enhancements to the kind of music that i do.

But it does suck having to upgrade to SP2,etc.

I'm happy with my new setup for the time being,
When I get a laptop I will probly keep that up to date and keep my desktop where it as at with no more major updates.

I didn't do much jamming this weekend, but did some editing and mixing,
as well as picked up a new suite of plugins, that I will start a thread on.

Quote:
this is what was up on my mixer this morning....

Downloading right now.
consumed
guess what? its SATURDAY again.

time to make some noise.
felix
for me it's time to do online traffic school....then make some noise!
Chuck E. Jesus
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

made some...nothing to play, but i got a good workout on my Roland Model 102 filter/osc/ring mod...definitely gots to get the System 100 going a bit better, filters kick ass...

FUCKING CUNT! i have nothing but trouble trying to get on the muffwiggler ftp site...
zerosum
I spent most of the day in studio b at CRAS with my friend kevin while he tracked acoustic guitars and vocals.
The AKG C414 B-ULS is such a beautiful mic,
The OSA MP-1 pre's and LA4 are also a nice combo.

Yeah I need to make some of my own music soon, but too busy.
Chuck E. Jesus
ok i figured it out...

i have to say i like the way this sounds...i got the Roland 102 out and ran the Cwejman osc into the Roland ring mod, enjoying the Roland filter, controlling it from the wonderful Doepfer stuff:

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/ROLANDBIT.mp3
Kwote
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

i bought a Weller WTCPT today smile
sandyb
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

here you go

http://www.twango.com/media/sandyb.public/sandyb.10004

sandy
felix
love it!
consumed
sounded good sandy. what did you use for those sounds?
sandyb
consumed wrote:
sounded good sandy. what did you use for those sounds?

most of the sounds came from a patch i improvised with, recorded and then chopped up on the computer. the basic patch was one vco with output going to a filter and also to your old frequency shifter where the up and down outputs went to a filter each. i then used two cross modulated lfos to control the osc pitch and a ueg tweaking one of the filter's frequency cv. the different sounds came mainly from me changing the amount of fm, speed and shape on the two lfos. the noise sound that pans was simply filtered noise which i recorded later. i used a little reverb and some delay(saving for a modcan digital delay!) from cubase on a couple of the sounds once i'd put it all together.
zerosum
Good job Sandy!
tiny333
pardon?

(just got my amp fixed)

oops
consumed
machinedrum jam this morning.
this demo shows off some of the capability of the 'per-step' editing capability.
i think there are just five voices (kick, hh, clap, rim, stick).

EDIT: oops. heres the link.
http://loopcycle.blogspot.com/2008/06/machinedrum-jam-1.html
consumed
i did a little micro type tekno thingie this weekend too, just with the MD.
im trying to learn how to use it for little stuff like this.

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10039
sandyb
consumed wrote:

i like the sounds. which tube preamp were you using?

sandy
consumed
sandyb wrote:
consumed wrote:

i like the sounds. which tube preamp were you using?

sandy

thanks! im using an art mpa gold tube mic preamp. i also recorded it down to a tape channel as well, with just a bit of saturation, which really kind of mashed the midrange tones together pretty well. the effect is somewhat subtle.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Page 1 of 22