MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

its Saturday. TIME TO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author its Saturday. TIME TO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE
consumed
ok all you procrastinators and live for the weekend types.
it is saturday. it is a Good Time to be making some noise.

your mandate, for at least 30 minutes every Saturday, is to go get up on your machines and make some noise and record it. feel free to share it if you want.

im runnin down to the post office to mail some modules, then coming back to get on it. can you tell the coffee is kicking in?
J.w.M.
Hell yes!
This seems like a good time to start my next 2008 Challenge track.
zerosum
Yeah, I'll probly be doing something musical tonight/today.
I upgraded to Pro Tools 7.4 from 7.1 last night which took more work than I had anticipated.
I was asleep at 6 am and had to get up at 8 :shock:

heheheh, I had to upgrade to Service Pack 2, which sucked because I didn't have an option, "pro tools installation wont continue without SP2 installed."
Or some error like that.

So I have to go download it.
Then install it, aggg hehehe.
Yay, then I install and my computer uses 5 % more ram than it did before when it boots up evil
Another silly message comes up telling me I need security updates before I can proceed with pro tools installation.

Now I'm not going plug my computer that doesnt go online, online,
Then run windows update to get a new version of windows update and get a thousand updates I dont need or want when it worked just fine before,

So I go hunting around to see what update is needed on various forums,
Then I find it and install it.

Ahh shit I gotta uninstall and update a few plugins too..More time goes by.

But now I am finally ready to play and this will be the last major system update I will have to do for a while, so things should be pretty smooth from here on out.

I still have to upgrade to the lastest Reaktor, but all I can see that is new in that is a compatability with mactels, and a new challenge/response/ new way of authorizing reaktor.
Nothing that is worth the hassel of uninstalling/reinstalling and new security system...blah NI just needs to go with ILOK, Actually I think that everyone should go ILOK if they are using copy protection, I HATE challenge/response, I would much rather plug in a USB clunker into an unused port....That has ALL MY LICENSES ON IT(except for the KLC DE).

Oh yeah I also got the digitranslator license with a pro tools 110 book,
YAY! I know have compatability with everyone else....
LOL, I now have a function(OMF/AAF import and export) that just about every other DAW in includes for free, but I got it free so I guess its still the same.

Out of the 6 choices it seemed to be the best choice.
Although Hybrid looks tempting, I don't need another soft synth.
Synchronic is cool, I will have to get that someday.

Elastic Audio here I come!!!
I'm pretty sure that DP had similar features to that in 4.5.....
Oh well, Im ready to rock, but sleep first...
Muff Wiggler
hehe that was an awesome reminder about why i've basically not bothered even turning on my music computer for the past 2 years, except to do nothing more complicated that hit 'record' in Cubase to capture what's going on in my modular from time to time

too funny. as much awesome power as the DAW gives us, damn does it ever suck balls and make you not want to be creative
Muff Wiggler
of course once they are all setup and going' things tend to be smooth - i set my system up for the last time about 2 years ago - funnily, right around the time i stopped spending most of my music time with it. I came to the decision after years of daw-babysitting that i was just gonna keep the current config, which had everything I needed, and not bother updating stuff anymore. I don't have any challenge/response (and never will), it's all enter-a-serial-number or my Syncrosoft dongle.

Luckily there's been no more updates to SX3 since C4 came out, so I can pretty much sit pretty and not have to rebuild for a long time

which is good, because my patience for that shit is totally, totally spent hehe lol
tiny333
1-01011111010001

1?\

*hic*

(its in g±(
Kwote
can't do shit. been sick this weekend. but i'm cobbling together some ideas for the last track on my EP.

i use Cool Edit Pro 2.0

i use it as a basic multitrack. no looping, chopping, sequencing. none of that. just all live whatever i've got going on. CEP is my way of capturing it. i have WAVES plugins which i use for compression but that's it.
Chuck E. Jesus
did some modular jamming last night, but of course i didn't record any of it...this is what was up on my mixer this morning....

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/SEQLOOP.mp3
zerosum
Quote:
of course once they are all setup and going' things tend to be smooth - i set my system up for the last time about 2 years ago

Yeah this was the first time I had done any major updates in almost 2 years, aside from a few plugin updates.
I had actually planned on just staying at Pro Tools 7.0,
but since I want to make a career based on audio editing and post work revolving around it, I decided to move forward with the latest update,
plus the elastic audio offers a lot of enhancements to the kind of music that i do.

But it does suck having to upgrade to SP2,etc.

I'm happy with my new setup for the time being,
When I get a laptop I will probly keep that up to date and keep my desktop where it as at with no more major updates.

I didn't do much jamming this weekend, but did some editing and mixing,
as well as picked up a new suite of plugins, that I will start a thread on.

Quote:
this is what was up on my mixer this morning....

Downloading right now.
consumed
guess what? its SATURDAY again.

time to make some noise.
felix
for me it's time to do online traffic school....then make some noise!
Chuck E. Jesus
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

made some...nothing to play, but i got a good workout on my Roland Model 102 filter/osc/ring mod...definitely gots to get the System 100 going a bit better, filters kick ass...

FUCKING CUNT! i have nothing but trouble trying to get on the muffwiggler ftp site...
zerosum
I spent most of the day in studio b at CRAS with my friend kevin while he tracked acoustic guitars and vocals.
The AKG C414 B-ULS is such a beautiful mic,
The OSA MP-1 pre's and LA4 are also a nice combo.

Yeah I need to make some of my own music soon, but too busy.
Chuck E. Jesus
ok i figured it out...

i have to say i like the way this sounds...i got the Roland 102 out and ran the Cwejman osc into the Roland ring mod, enjoying the Roland filter, controlling it from the wonderful Doepfer stuff:

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/ROLANDBIT.mp3
Kwote
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

i bought a Weller WTCPT today smile
sandyb
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

here you go

http://www.twango.com/media/sandyb.public/sandyb.10004

sandy
felix
love it!
consumed
sounded good sandy. what did you use for those sounds?
sandyb
consumed wrote:
sounded good sandy. what did you use for those sounds?

most of the sounds came from a patch i improvised with, recorded and then chopped up on the computer. the basic patch was one vco with output going to a filter and also to your old frequency shifter where the up and down outputs went to a filter each. i then used two cross modulated lfos to control the osc pitch and a ueg tweaking one of the filter's frequency cv. the different sounds came mainly from me changing the amount of fm, speed and shape on the two lfos. the noise sound that pans was simply filtered noise which i recorded later. i used a little reverb and some delay(saving for a modcan digital delay!) from cubase on a couple of the sounds once i'd put it all together.
zerosum
Good job Sandy!
tiny333
pardon?

(just got my amp fixed)

oops
consumed
machinedrum jam this morning.
this demo shows off some of the capability of the 'per-step' editing capability.
i think there are just five voices (kick, hh, clap, rim, stick).

EDIT: oops. heres the link.
http://loopcycle.blogspot.com/2008/06/machinedrum-jam-1.html
consumed
i did a little micro type tekno thingie this weekend too, just with the MD.
im trying to learn how to use it for little stuff like this.

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10039
sandyb
consumed wrote:

i like the sounds. which tube preamp were you using?

sandy
consumed
sandyb wrote:
consumed wrote:

i like the sounds. which tube preamp were you using?

sandy

thanks! im using an art mpa gold tube mic preamp. i also recorded it down to a tape channel as well, with just a bit of saturation, which really kind of mashed the midrange tones together pretty well. the effect is somewhat subtle.
Squibbons
Something I threw together this hot Saturday afternoon:

http://www.squibbons.com/sound/tracks/2008_06_21_Audio_03_2.mp3
consumed
Squibbons wrote:
Something I threw together this hot Saturday afternoon:

http://www.squibbons.com/sound/tracks/2008_06_21_Audio_03_2.mp3

those are some great beats.
consumed
i used a gate sequencer to step through triggering four envelopes for four voices. some reverb and 'backwards' effect is on top of everything.

throw this on while you're doing something else for a little atmosphere.

http://loopcycle.blogspot.com/2008/06/iamconsumed-heel-to-toe.html

just as i was converting this to mp3, my schroff racks showed up.
and theres a gash on the side of the box. opening now.
futuresoundsystems
Real nice noodle there! I love hearing these kinda droney sounds cut up and sequenced in the modular's VCAs and sequencers instead of simply letting them run through without any amplitude modulation. Drone stuff is ok, but I can't take too much of it.
consumed
thanks!
i updated the blog to add a second pass at that patch, but with some modulation of envelope decay on all the voices.
its a little more interesting imo.

spbaker
consumed wrote:
thanks!
with some modulation of envelope decay on all the voices.
its a little more interesting imo.

nice! very chilled with just the right touch of dark, listening to it a second time now! SlayerBadger!
consumed
i made a little noise today with a noise ring, borg filter, eg1, binary zone and quad vca through some efx::

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10055
Kent
O.K. all of you Old Skool, O.G., Original Muffler, Broke Dick Motherfuckers!

This shit is now ON again! It is the weekend! Make some Fucking Noise and let's get some fun shit stirred up on this forum again. Resurrected from the past, weekend blasts are back. We've been plodding along dragging our dicks behind us in the sand as the "osc. tracking threads", "what's the best...?" and "lame-o manufacturer hell" have been trying to swallow up the Mighty Muff Wiggler in a brown shit-storm of diaper doo-doo.

Consumed, Babaluma, Cebec, Zerosum, Kwote, Ross G., Parasitk, Felix, SandyB, Soy Sos, thermionicjunky and GottDammit you too, Muff!!! Report for duty and sound off like you've got a pair!

My whole rig crashed to the ground 4 nights ago. Fuck it. Rebuild, move some modules around and back in the game.

In the immortal words of Consumed. Page 1, Post #10, February 23 2008:

consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

BRING IT!!!

You have one week to show up with something besides your johnson in your hand. I'm holding myself to it as well.
Muff Wiggler
you got a fuckin' deal bro SlayerBadger!
vurt
can anyone play? or is it just you old timers? hihi

SlayerBadger!
ill have my modular weevil by then too screaming goo yo
Kent
You just signed yourself up.

Conjure forth the Weevil Evil!!!! evil evil evil Drugs Drugs Dead Banana
aetherpulse
Okay, but don't complain to me if sounds like it was recorded on an old four-track with an used cassette tape, after i've drank a weeks worth of work away, because it will be...
parasitk
Well I'm nowhere near my modular on Saturday as I'm always in NY for band rehearsal on the weekends. razz

Best I can offer is the "ultra-small" patch I posted the other day:

http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/418964

I'll make some new noise come Monday though!
Kent
aetherpulse wrote:
Okay, but don't complain to me if sounds like it was recorded on an old four-track with an used cassette tape, after i've drank a weeks worth of work away, because it will be...

Perfect! You are pushing all of my 'warm and fuzzy' buttons which are perched right above the vagina that I grew whilst staring at my navel and not posting tune snippets up here on Muff's.

Please submit the first of many bandwidth-limited 4-track tape excursions by this Saturday. If not, I pass my newly minted vag over to you.
vurt
hmmm, minty vag.
theres something you dont "see" every day...
felix
I had to power wash the backyard today and I'm doing the Clockwork demo video tomorrow. I'm self-exempting myself for this weekend.

Dead Banana
aetherpulse
I assume by this Saturday you mean next Saturday, cause this one's almost over. By the way, if you give me a newly minted vag, I'll never get any music done...
Kent
parasitk wrote:
Well I'm nowhere near my modular on Saturday as I'm always in NY for band rehearsal on the weekends. razz

Best I can offer is the "ultra-small" patch I posted the other day:

http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/418964

I'll make some new noise come Monday though!

Arg, Chris! Yer killin' me!!! Can you have freshly minted noise for us delivered on Saturdays?
parasitk
Future Saturdays? Sure! I'll just prepare in advance razz
Kent
The original deal was to make some noise on Saturday and post it here for everyone to have a listen. The idea was not to make some precious cack. Just churn something out that was fun to make and you ended up thinking "That's pretty fucking cool!"

Try to get your Noise du Jour up here by Saturday evening, your local time.

Original Ground Rules posted here: Post #1
Kent
felix wrote:
I had to power wash the backyard today and I'm doing the Clockwork demo video tomorrow. I'm self-exempting myself for this weekend.

Dead Banana

Felix, dammit! I want more bad-ass MachineDrummage out of you!
Kwote
Kent.. Blud you know i don't stop. i got beats for days and yes i'm recording again tonight.

i'll post up right quick cuz you know i'm a RIDER!!

zerosum
I am working way more than I want to right now.
I barely have time to sleep.
Fuck, I still have lizard poop to scoop and stuff to feed d'oh!
Time sucks, i need to freeze it...
No idea when I will get to play with my music toys, but I think I finally might be able to buy a new module (soon) for the first time in 2 years.
zthee
I spent my saturday makin' bleeps, squeeks and frrrrppps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_BsDmN19U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGVm8Bu-ss
smitty
zthee, it got nasty at 1:55. Woot Woot!! The resonance on the filter at 2:56 was nice too.
sandyb
Kent wrote:
O.K. all of you Old Skool, O.G., Original Muffler, Broke Dick Motherfuckers!

This shit is now ON again! It is the weekend! Make some Fucking Noise and let's get some fun shit stirred up on this forum again. Resurrected from the past, weekend blasts are back. We've been plodding along dragging our dicks behind us in the sand as the osc. tracking threads and lame-o manufacturer hell have been trying to swallow up the Mighty Muff Wiggler in a brown shit-storm of diaper doo-doo.

Consumed, Babaluma, Zerosum, Kwote, Ross G., Parasitk, Felix, SandyB, and GottDammit you too, Muff!!! Report for duty and sound off like you've got a pair!

My whole rig crashed to the ground 4 nights ago. Fuck it. Rebuild, move some modules around and back in the game.

In the immortal words of Consumed. Page 1, Post #10, February 23 2008:

consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

BRING IT!!!

You have one week to show up with something besides your johnson in your hand. I'm holding myself to it as well.

screaming goo yo yessir! i'll post some of my unmusical poorly tracking noises made with modules by manufacturers of dubious business ethics next saturday screaming goo yo
Kent
Kwote wrote:
Kent.. Blud you know i don't stop. i got beats for days and yes i'm recording again tonight.

i'll post up right quick cuz you know i'm a RIDER!!

Kwote, I know how you roll. I knew you'd reprazent for the West Coast Wigglerz. How about something snazzy with that bass you bought? How's your rig sound through that amp that you were gonna buy? The inquiring Wiggler wants to know.
Kent
zthee wrote:
I spent my saturday makin' bleeps, squeeks and frrrrppps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx_BsDmN19U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGVm8Bu-ss

Now that's the spirit we need!

That first track made me call Tim Burton and Danny Elfman in order to see if one of their soundtracks had escaped. Ace!
jonkull
Maybe I'll aim for something for next Saturday. I'm usually too embarrassed by my shit to post it publicly but I need to get over it and just do it.
wetterberg
jonkull wrote:
Maybe I'll aim for something for next Saturday.
Or aim for "As soon as possible"? "Next saturday" sounds like a procrastination technique to me (been there, done that)
jonkull wrote:
I'm usually too embarrassed by my shit to post it publicly but I need to get over it and just do it.
uhm... yeah. If there's any community that'll boost your ego it's this one - take advantage of that.
jonkull
Well it's Sunday so Saturday is over and I have my in-laws visiting this weekend sleeping in the room all my gear is in...OK...maybe more excuses.

I'll see if I can get something done as soon as possible.

Better? Mr. Green
wetterberg
jonkull wrote:
Well it's Sunday so Saturday is over and I have my in-laws visiting this weekend sleeping in the room all my gear is in...OK...maybe more excuses.

I'll see if I can get something done as soon as possible.

Better? Mr. Green
yes SlayerBadger!
Kent
Jon,

We're all glad to hear anything fun. Bust out something on this Saturday. Warm up the oscillators and get down with your bad-self. 30-60 minutes is all that's required, except for the 'have fun and rock the fuck out' part.

P.S. I'm totally glad to see our "Most Favored Dane" stepping up to the plate. Get some Windex for that Lemur and get busy!
Chuck E. Jesus
where's your offering Kent?
Soy Sos
Hey,
I just now caught this thread. I have something killer I was working on last night in fact. Lots of modular content though not purely modular.
I'll post it late tonight or tomorrow morning.
thermionicjunky
What kind of dick issues challenges ... oh, yeah. I'd meet y'all at the duelin' oaks, except they're in New Orleans, and I'm trapped in this hick mountain town. Well, I've been busy, but I did reorganize my lopsided loft studio, so it doesn't drive me crazy to work in it. I can fire up the Wretch for a shark fin purity test. I do have a relatively new module. It's the Modcan VC DADSR, which is surprisingly exciting. It makes me anxious to build my quad LPG. It's definitely time for some experimentation with underexploited patches. I've let it slide since I finished my album (which is coming out, but it's out of my hands right now), but it is time to lay the groundwork for the next thing. Beware!
Muff Wiggler
ross g wrote:
where's your offering Kent?

Kent wrote:
.....My whole rig crashed to the ground 4 nights ago. Fuck it. Rebuild, move some modules around and back in the game.......

....You have one week to show up with something besides your johnson in your hand. I'm holding myself to it as well.

So be fair - where's yours then Ross?

Kent pulled this thread up and got this going again to bring back some fun and positivity to this forum after all the negative shit that has gone on lately.

I would ask that anyone who can't support that at least please not try to drag it down

personally, i'm looking forward to it and will have some noisy, awful shit for you all next weekend screaming goo yo SlayerBadger!
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:

So be fair - where's yours then Ross?

Kent pulled this thread up and got this going again to bring back some fun and positivity to this forum after all the negative shit that has gone on lately.

I would ask that anyone who can't support that at least please not try to drag it down

i was looking forward to listening to Kent's bit, that's all...i'm not trying to drag down anything...
Kent
thermionicjunky wrote:
What kind of dick issues challenges ... oh, yeah.

Yeah, that would be me! SlayerBadger! Just keep in mind that it is all in the spirit of kicking off some fun. My dickhead challenge was totally tongue in (ass)cheek, which is very hard to nuance over the interwebs.

I should mention that Ross G. and I have been shooting some PM's back & forth, behind the scenes. Please don't interpret his counter-challenge / 'put-up-or-shut-up' retort to be anything more than shoving my 'challenge' right back up my ass. Which is more than welcome and totally deserved. He's on the up-and-up and is down with the brotherhood.

With that, I'll need a few minutes to compose my previously intended photo-journalisticalrific response. I haven't been able to visit the forum much today & you'll soon see why.
Chuck E. Jesus
Kent, it was really more like i might of missed your audio post or maybe you were going to post later or something, i was confused...there was no "up your ass" intended (first time i made that statement towards a male hihi )
Kent
ross g wrote:
Kent, it was really more like i might of missed your audio post or maybe you were going to post later or something, i was confused...there was no "up your ass" intended (first time i made that statement towards a male hihi )

None taken. Your intentions & sentiments were clear due to your PMs.
Thanks for clearing up that latter part. I'll unclench now. Mr. Green
Soy Sos
So here's what I was working on. Not finished yet. It's for the sound-track
album of the documentary "New Muslim Cool"
http://www.newmuslimcool.com/
Modular content includes:
Drones, bass, sample echo effects processing, radio transmission fx,
and super special Moddemod harmony effects on the chorus!
Gimmie some love on this one people!
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10066
Check it on full range speakers or headphones, lots of ear candy here.
consumed
Soy Sos wrote:
So here's what I was working on. Not finished yet. It's for the sound-track
album of the documentary "New Muslim Cool"
http://www.newmuslimcool.com/
Modular content includes:
Drones, bass, sample echo effects processing, radio transmission fx,
and super special Moddemod harmony effects on the chorus!
Gimmie some love on this one people!
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10066
Check it on full range speakers or headphones, lots of ear candy here.

really nice work on this one!
looks like an interesting documentary too, ill have to watch out for it.
Kent
eek! Holy Shit, Soy eek!

Way to lay down the hammer. O.K. you worked on that for more than just a day; that's a given. It's pretty fuckin' awesome.

So, whatchoo got for Saturday? hihi
consumed
this is cheating a little because its a patch that ive had setup for a couple weeks

http://share.ovi.com/media/consumed.sound/consumed.10070

(originally showed up in the forum downtime thread)
more added to this clip but its still pretty raw

no midi, most changes are realtime
so im jumping around from spot to spot
hammer on the keyboard for blofeld chord action -> tweak the filter on the x0x! ->
hit the transition gate button -> turn up the 606 cymbals! -> switch off the kick -> aux send the x0x to the space echo
etc etc
everything was not in reach, so some bits get neglected for a bit until i can get back to it like the x0x

i need to start automating some of this so i can track it out properly.
Pockets McCoy
Well, I missed Saturday, because I recorded it friday and it's going up now, but it's totally 17 minutes of MAKING SOME FUCKING NOISE screaming goo yo

http://files.idatedapyramid.com/sounds/4.24.09.mp3
Kwote
http://www.kwotemusic.com/ImaStraightRidah.mp3

zthee
Soy Sos Wow! Kick ass tune! we're not worthy
Kent
Fuck Yes, guys!! Awesome stuff. Noise, beats, rhymes, bitchin' sounds... the general awesomeness that one should expect out of you lot.

I'm not-so-secretly happy that y'all are blowing your loads now and will have to 'reload' for Saturday. That way, my lame-ass offering won't look so 'green' and you won't scare away 1st time contributors.
hihi SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo
Kwote
Kent wrote:
Fuck Yes, guys!! Awesome stuff. Noise, beats, rhymes, bitchin' sounds... the general awesomeness that one should expect out of you lot.

I'm not-so-secretly happy that y'all are blowing your loads now and will have to 'reload' for Saturday. That way, my lame-ass offering won't look so 'green' and you won't scare away 1st time contributors.
hihi SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo

Yes, but I had to bust off early cuz I gotta practice for my gig next Sunday. Not too mention I got your pm on Saturday and I made that beat on Saturday. Didn’t realize I had a whole week to nut.
rezzn8r
wow, this thread promises to be very fertile terrritory for Sunday morning entertainment Coffee Addiction FTW
Soy Sos
Thanks by the way for the nice comments. w00t
I kind of sucks to put your stuff up and not get any response. sad
Kent
I think that it is due to the new 'ignore' function, Soy Sos... Haha! Hug
cebec
first two patches after a long work-induced patching hiatus...
f u Dinner at the Y

saturday night badger rock

loss mechanism
felix
cebec wrote:
f u Dinner at the Y

loss mechanism

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Kent
Sweet! Glad to see/hear that you are back in form. One word of advice though: you need to put those badgers on a diet as it sounds like they have some mighty fat asses.

Also, can you share as to how the tracks were created? Especially all of the stereo movement in "Loss Mechanism". Thanks!
cebec
Kent wrote:
Sweet! Glad to see/hear that you are back in form. One word of advice though: you need to put those badgers on a diet as it sounds like they have some mighty fat asses.

Also, can you share as to how the tracks were created? Especially all of the stereo movement in "Loss Mechanism". Thanks!

Thanks Felix and Kent!

Yeah, from what I can remember, I used the 8x2 Sequencer and a couple DTGs for the sequencing. I added Boolean Logic control for other elements in 'Loss Mechanism'.
The Wilson Analog Delay, audio rate modulation of NTO waveshape, and plenty of feedback with the Wave Multiplier and VC Slope Filter provided most of the timbre, though the 'bass' in the 'badger' track is a DTG square wave through the VC Slope Filter. And I'm guessing those low drums courtesy the VCFQ are not too sub-friendly?? twisted
Stereo movement was achieved with a combination of VC'd Dual Phase Shifter and each of the individually pan-able outputs of the DCSM module VC'd by a TKB row.
I had a lot of fun building and playing these patches.
KNYST
consumed wrote:
ok all you procrastinators and live for the weekend types.
it is saturday. it is a Good Time to be making some noise.

Already posted this on Synth Noise, but why not spread the disease to new corners of the world... http://knyst.bandcamp.com/track/black-wind
rezzn8r
I guess people aren't waiting for saturday? hihi
rezzn8r
cebec wrote:
f u Dinner at the Y

loss mechanism

just finished listening to these. great stuff
mono-poly
cebec wrote:
f u Dinner at the Y

loss mechanism

Awesome dude!

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
cebec
Thanks, guys!
screaming goo yo w00t
vurt
some good stuff posted since the bump.
but i cant help notice, its not saturday yet SlayerBadger!
Kent
I think that it is a good thing that people are posting up all of the stuff that they've done previously. The 'spirit' of "It's Saturday" is to help knock down some mental barriers in terms of getting down with our chosen machines and posting stuff up for others to check out. It's not supposed to be 'finished works of art from the blue period of mopey artist #454. I just wanna see Wigglers jumping on their machine(s) of choice and dropping some 'fun bombs' on the brotherhood: Modular, MachineDrum/MonoMachine, PEK, MEK, CS-80, things with Curtis chips, whatever.

Imagine if Soy Sos dropped that finished track as his "Saturday Composition"... One: it would set the bar too high and possibly intimidate Wigglers. Two: it would be lunacy to think that that piece was busted out within 30 minutes to a couple of hours.

I'm glad that brothers gotta reload the chamber!

Russian Roulette
vurt
indeed, im not complaining.
i just got stoned and thought id missed another week SlayerBadger!
KNYST
rezzn8r wrote:
I guess people aren't waiting for saturday? hihi

Nosie AND Saturday? Sorry I can't focus on more than one thing at a time - noise seemed more appealing than Saturday. 8_)
Kwote
loss mechanism = Drugs screaming goo yo Drugs
felix
everyday is saturday when there's noise Rasta-nana
cebec
Kwote wrote:
loss mechanism = Drugs screaming goo yo Drugs

Heh, could you tell I was trying to mess with your head? twisted
zthee
SATURDAY! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Narcoleptic & epileptic.mp3 39.52 min
Kent
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

SlayerBadger! w00t SlayerBadger! w00t SlayerBadger! Flamey

Bring out yer dead!!!

Click the Picture

The idea behind this one was to fuck with time signatures as much as possible but to not let it descend into complete chaos.
By the way, LDT, I totally stole your RS290 as sampler idea! SlayerBadger!
futuresoundsystems
zthee wrote:

This is so good. Awesome acid electro freakout jam. Loved every second of it, many many many thanks to you! SlayerBadger!
Kent
futuresoundsystems wrote:
zthee wrote:

This is so good. Awesome acid electro freakout jam. Loved every second of it, many many many thanks to you! SlayerBadger!

Yeah, no shit SlayerBadger! Fuckin' rockin'. Listening to it again.
Roycie Roller
Kent, that's a fucked up tune! (in a good way Mr. Green )
Kent
Thanks, Roycie. I just moved my whole system around and this is its first day back in service. I have to get the MIDI side of things back up-and-running. That's to say that the Octopus has been dead to me for over a week at this point, only because my MIDI routing system has shat the bed.
Thus, this goofball's carnival is all CV/Gate luvin'.
It's mostly self-playing. All of the glitching & stuttering is self-playing. The major changes are me flipping one of two (or both) switches on the ASol MC01 Master Clock. I also goof with the levels on the Blacet Quad Mix VCA. But that's all. I pretty much just let 'er rip. Probably about 3 hours of patching/tweaking on this one. 3 hours of straight up FUN! w00t

Thanks again, my modular brother.
rezzn8r
w00t
http://soundcloud.com/rezzn8r/sats001 (or download below)

@ Kent - that arpeggiation was crazy, after listening to that, I might not even need coffee this morning.

@ zthee - sweet electro vibe you got goin'
zthee
Kent - screaming goo yo screaming goo yo Awesome sounds! Almost blew my ears clean off.

Rezzn8r - Great tune! w00t To short though! Need atleast 5 min more! Mr. Green Guinness ftw!
Robba
rezzn8r wrote:
w00t

@ Kent - that arpeggiation was crazy, after listening to that, I might not even need coffee this morning.

@ zthee - sweet electro vibe you got goin'

Nice tune!
I agree that it is a bit short though!

Below you will find the link to my patch of this saturday.
Klik
Dego
Kent - Shit I almost shit my pants. Scared that make doughter would wake up. Great stuff!

Zthee - I love you

Robba - Nice beats!
sandyb
here's my noise for this week. main sounds are from modcan vcdo and dvdo. there's a load of tyme sefari in there too. stream or download here:

buying things on forums to sell on ebay

haven't had a chance to listen to everybody's stuff yet but will do soon.

sandy

edit: changed link to allow downloads too
Robba
Wow Kent, thats scary shit man! With what did you make the beats? Modular based or from a box?

And Zthee, really nice track, would really love to encounter this music in a basement of an abandoned warehouse!

And Sandyb, I like the delicate sounds. What is that sound that sounds like a mix between a spraypaint can and some paper thats being ruffled? Nice tension in the track.
Robba
I couldnt resist and recorded another take of the same patch as before. Now with a different 303 sequence.

(and inspired by Zthee to add some tb303)

Woggled Acid
sandyb
a fun saturday evening listening! screaming goo yo for all.

zthee - nice one

Kent - eek! did you eat some extra evil for breakfast? mad stuff. glad to see your system survived the fall.

rezzn8r - really pretty sounds. i'll echo the "could have been longer" sentiments - i wanted to hear more.

Robba - i liked the overall "sound" of this one. harsh, but a good harsh. to answer your question, the sound you ask about is a modcan dvdo with the waves being swept by an lfo. i think there was some fm on it as well. this went into a doepfer panner with one side going to a plan b model 11 bandpass filter and the other to a tyme sefari.

sandy
Soy Sos
So here's what I did today. I'm working with a project to create ringtones.
My idea was to make a bunch with treated Mbira and modular drones.
Each one is 2 tracks of Mbira, each treated with ModDeMod and
a track of ARP 2600 drone. After loading them onto my phone
I've decided to make them louder and turn up the ring-mod tracks.
Feel free to use them in your phones if you like, I'll re-post when
they're finished. I tried attaching this file but couldn't get it to work.
Here's a link for the file:
https://download.yousendit.com/WnBSZGluT2I1aVlLSkE9PQ
cebec
@everyone Thanks for the great listening material tonight! So much good music here.
jonkull
Let me preface this by saying three things...

1) This is the first thing I've ever recorded with my modular.
2) I mixed with headphones and just noticed it sounds like crap through computer speakers.
3) This is the first thing I've ever posted online for public listening.

Now that that's out of the way:

http://web.me.com/jon.kull/Site/Podcast/Entries/2009/5/2_Modular_Exper iment_1.html

It's all modular and multi-tracked. I couldn't tell you what's doing what.
cebec
jonkull wrote:

http://web.me.com/jon.kull/Site/Podcast/Entries/2009/5/2_Modular_Exper iment_1.html

It's all modular and multi-tracked. I couldn't tell you what's doing what.

Great work! I really like the mood you set. Musick to play in the dark...
jonkull
Thanks for listening. I was going to remix it but I think I'd rather just let it ride and do something new.

One thing this exercise has shown me though is that I need more VCAs and LFOs. Maybe another VCO. So I need to rethink my next few purchases.

More utility modules less fun ones...
vurt
http://share.ovi.com/media/vurt.public/vurt.10021

using these saturdaynoise sessions to experiment with new shit.
some weevil (modular) action here, with some ebow guitar through a bugcrusher near the start.
sequenced with a mfos sequencer grin

some bits better than others/more interesting.

ps: sorry its late, had trouble uploading.
Soy Sos
I'm planning on going through everyone's new stuff to check on Sunday.
I was hoping to get some feedback from folks about the effect of my files
as ring-tones. If anyone could upload a few of these to their phones
and let me know how they sound and cut through as ring-tones
that would be much appreciated. I'll most likely re-run them soon.
Thanks in advance.
Love Sossy
Muff Wiggler
Meh, super fail from me, had to leave early Saturday for Sweden and just ran out of time, weak sauce.

Will listen to these on my trip and get my own bits up for next weekend.
synthetic
OK, it's still a few minutes before midnight Pacific time, I can just squeak this one in.

http://www.jefflaity.com/music/MP3/swine_carrier.mp3

My first submission on this thread. Not as noisy as the rest, pretty tame ambient modular sequence (my MOTM doing a random arpeggio with some FM through the 440 filter). With some crunchy drums, Andromeda, Super Jupiter and Voyager (in chromatic order) mostly going through Audio Damage plugs. Not my A-game, I did this in about an hour, but wanted to post something before midnight. smile

Kent, wow. I'm gonna have nightmares about angry robot toys coming to waterboard me.
aetherpulse
WARNING: Do not drink a six-pack and then listen to Kents piece! It will make you spin and spin and spin...
synthetic
rezzn8r wrote:
w00t

Really nice! Some interesting stuff here. Thanks for sharing.
spbaker
i haven't had a chance to get thru everyone's yet SMACK!
but i squeezed this in between painting the pergola and spending quality time with the family, this is pretty much the patch i'll play on tuesday night.

las efew uno memetas

thanks Kent for kicking this off again! SlayerBadger!
Luka
upped a quick grab from a new tune ive worked on here and there during the weekend. a lot of the sounds were made in the dotcom reaktor patch.

http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/anna-scherer

i just grabbed a section and rendered, it is a bit all over the shop
Kent
Luka wrote:
a lot of the sounds were made in the dotcom reaktor patch.

Huh? + WTF? eek!
Luka
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1 &plview=detail&patchid=8298

rezzn8r
I've been looking forward to some sick sonic saturday sound experiments all week!

@robba - rock that 606, brother! hard to tame those HHs hihi
@sandyb - great job. i put my headphones on to listen to that a 2nd time. was it always on bandcamp? i thought it was on ovi the first time i listened.
@junkull - nice dark march. i also sense the coil vibe referenced by cebec. dude, i hear ya when it comes to utility vs cool. over the last month, i've rethought my next modular purchace more times than i have fingers.
@vert - yes, some bits are very interesting, especially the way the bassline comes in and out of the noises and sounds around the 28 min mark.
@Soy - I like all of the A's, and C6 is both awsome and evil at the same time twisted i've never loaded a ringtone on my phone (bit of a ludite in that regard d'oh! ), but aren't these a little long?
@synthetic - i love "crunchy drums"
@spbaker - i really like the way this piece rises and falls over its course. are there vocals in there, or is that a synth?
@luka - nice groove, man. so nice that the (non) ending is like a slap in the face hihi

screaming goo yo and SlayerBadger! all around!!
sandyb
ok - more listening. again screaming goo yo to all.

soy sos - i too am a phone luddite so don't do ringtones but i liked these as little bits of music in their own right. they sounded almost gamelan like.

jonkull - nice work! don't worry about putting stuff up here - everybody is very supportive. you'll find that you will get more from your fun modules when you have enough "boring" ones to complement them so it's worth doing.

vurt - ouch my ears angry some great bits in there. i like the sequenced stuff coming into focus.

mr baker - excellent as always. good luck with the gig - are you going to video it?

luka - that was great. dark and understated which added to it's appeal imho.

rezzn8r - thanks for the comments. i moved stuff to bandcamp today as i wanted people to be able to download them if they so desire. had a few problems uploading yesterday so put it on share for the time being.

looking forward to next saturday's sounds

sandy
parasitk
I made some noise on Saturday on this:

love
Unfortunately it wasn't recorded, :sadpanda: but I assure you, it was fucking awesome! SlayerBadger!
b3nsf
did you change the cards? I love the fact that those cards make it do different stuff love
parasitk
b3nsf wrote:
did you change the cards? I love the fact that those cards make it do different stuff love

There was a blank card in it, so of course I had to touch it! And yes, it was fun as hell.
LDT
Quote:
By the way, LDT, I totally stole your RS290 as sampler idea!

Guinness ftw!
Pockets McCoy
I'm listening to everything from this past saturday and pretty much wishing I'd made such wonderful noise. It's telling me I really need to start using the modular for drum-oriented sounds, which I've never really managed to get around to yet, but again, this is all making me NEED to.

And Kent, that's got to be the tastiest sequencer work I've heard in a while, and I cower in fear of what you'll be capable of when you've got the Octopus running. Have you ever run across Yip-Yip? Your track is making me think hyper-advanced-super-ultra-triple-yip-yip-from-space. So maybe check them out real quick...

AAANNNNDDDDD...like Parasitk, my weekend was devoted to non-recorded noise, mainly because I didn't have the space to set up a computer to record on (really!) because I had so many people occupying so much room in my itty bitty tiny cramped studio getting ready for Noizefest, which has got to be the most fantastic day of the year for me. Some of the aforementioned people showed up for a bit to contribute a bit, but my Sunday pretty much involved 2 1/2 DELICIOUS hours of hanging out in a guy's back yard with 2 Doepfer cabinets, a Trogotronic 666, and a loud-ass half stack making a god-awful, tremendously cathartic ruckus. And like I said, it was the best day of the year, and it's a damn shame I have to wait another year for it to come around again because I found out that I can blast heavenly audio devastation for 12 hours (12 HOURS!!!) next year. Speaking of all that, I'm wiped out, it's late, I have to wake up in 4 hours, it's bed time!

But I'll have something to contribute next week, I swear!

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
spbaker
@kent - jeebus even with the warnings i wasn't prepared! jaunty!
@jonkull - wrok! great drones wiwth an ominous backbeat, your mission if you choose to accept it is to: RECORD MORE MODULAR!
@sandyb - wonderful lofi tasty crackles, a texture wonderland!
@robba - toetappin psychedelic fun, an woggled acid hoedown!
@rezz - luv that bass love with enuff blubbles and bleeps to make me smile!
@synthetic - sniffles and coughs - infected twisted
@luka - another minimal masterpiece, i hope it wasn't yr trackpad that broke yr finger?!
@ Chris - thanks for the tease, is it really what people say?

no recording tomoz night, just a few too many things going on to deal with more video, sorry :-(
and yep there are a few of my dulcet tones in there, kinda channeling some Jhonn Balance... we're not worthy

thanks everyone for these, youse rock!!
parasitk
spbaker wrote:
@ Chris - thanks for the tease, is it really what people say?

Yeah. Yeah it was. I've been trying really hard to forget about it. For me it dwarfed the 200e next to it (and the M5N, which was literally huge).
jonkull
Thanks for the comments/compliments. I enjoyed everyone else's contributions as well.

I'm leaving for Hawaii so unless I can squeeze something out tonight this Saturday will be noise-less for me.

w00t screaming goo yo w00t
Kent
Hey, where you heading to? I grew up there.
jonkull
Maui. We'll be in Ka'anapali. This is our first time traveling with the baby so we're going someplace we've been a bunch of times to make things easier.

I'd ask you why you left but you live in Paris love so I don't really need to ask, do I?
Kent
17 years on the world's most isolated archipelago is enough for one lifetime! Have a great trip with the family. Nice stuff you posted up here by the way.
jonkull
Kent wrote:
17 years on the world's most isolated archipelago is enough for one lifetime! Have a great trip with the family. Nice stuff you posted up here by the way.

No place is the same when you live there I suppose.

Anyway I don't want to derail the thread so... Thanks and right back at you.
LDT
I do feel somewhat left out of this thread since I normally do not make music in the weekend. Ok, so we could just pretend that what happened in the studio today, took place on saturday...?

Anyway:This is me playing with the Tyme Sefari.
The voice is a static sample being screwed around in the TS, and the drums (808) are also played through the TS (but all the time with REC on). The voice sample is filtered post-TS and then ring modulated, and the drums are output through an Ebbe & Flut filter.

http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/jgrlkklg
wetterberg
LDT wrote:
I do feel somewhat left out of this thread since I normally do not make music in the weekend. Ok, so we could just pretend that what happened in the studio today, took place on saturday...?

Anyway:This is me playing with the Tyme Sefari.
The voice is a static sample being screwed around in the TS, and the drums (808) are also played through the TS (but all the time with REC on). The voice sample is filtered post-TS and then ring modulated, and the drums are output through an Ebbe & Flut filter.

http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/jgrlkklg
Wonderful track! Both twee and glitchy at the same time, which can be hard to master!
It also reminded me - INSTANTLY! - at first the chord progression, then the (also great bass) - of one of the late great tracks:
(oh, and I'm happy on your behalf, man wink )
KNYST
vurt wrote:
http://share.ovi.com/media/vurt.public/vurt.10021

using these saturdaynoise sessions to experiment with new shit.
some weevil (modular) action here, with some ebow guitar through a bugcrusher near the start.
sequenced with a mfos sequencer grin

some bits better than others/more interesting.

ps: sorry its late, had trouble uploading.

Space tripping! Cool stuff, lots of quality :-)
LDT
Thanks Andreas, yeah it has a certain R&B´ishness.
Bonusinfo for the non-scandinavian speaking: What the poor sampler is trying so hard to say is: "I am happy" (or blissfull, in a state of happiness).
Umcorps
Time to jump in properly I think.

It's a slight cheat in that I did this yesterday and it isn't strictly modular 'cos none of the stuff I've ordered has actually arrived yet very frustrating

But, sitting in yesterday waiting expectantly for the postie I was fiddling around with my ancient Zoom 1024 multfx and realised (for the first time d'oh! ) that the shortest delay time was really very short - like 2ms. So I pretended it was a module, set feedback to maximum and fed it some Gakken SX-150 (and added a dash of Eventide Pitchfactor after a couple of minutes).

It's Saturday, it's noise and it was fun.

Now, where's that postie? sad

http://soundcloud.com/umcorps/sx150-zoom-tide
Kent
Hot damn, Umcorps! That's great! Totally within the spirit of Make Noise Saturdays.
Is all that from just those 3 products?
Umcorps
Quote:
Totally within the spirit of Make Noise Saturdays
w00t screaming goo yo

Quote:
Is all that from just those 3 products?

Absolutely! Nothing added, nothing edited. Just how it sounded as it happened. All I needed to do was control the chaos by riding the filter cutoff on the SX-150 and tweak the EQ on the front of the Zoom.

Stupid really. That Zoom has sat in my rack for 10 years at least and I always complained that the delay time wasn't long enough. Never bothered to think about how short it was. hihi
dougcl
Yet another PLL video. This time the Comp Output from the PLL is being used to fire an ADSR that is acting on the PLL output. Plus the PLL is going through an M12.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K--8fMVl7Ck
cebec
Umcorps wrote:

It's Saturday, it's noise and it was fun.

Creepy! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo
sandyb
Umcorps - some nice forbidden planet moments in there.

dougcl - i liked the vocal quality to some of the sounds. i really should pick up a pll to try out sometime.

sandy
wetterberg
got a few phone calls to make, after that it's fucking ON!
cebec
Two raw jams for your weekend enjoyment... w00t

1st one is me wrestling with an FM alligator last night -- I think the alligator wins at the end -- and the second one is an increasingly disturbing experience at the opera, courtesy one of my Max patches and a Buddha Machine II. The rest of the sounds on this one are from the modular and include a lot of Wilson Analog Delay.

http://share.ovi.com/media/cebec.rawexperiments/cebec.10113
http://share.ovi.com/media/cebec.rawexperiments/cebec.10112
rezzn8r
Rasta-nana
saturday morning wake'n'bake
let the noise wash you clean
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/track/xanthophyll
b3nsf
Umcrops, rad, sounds brutal!! i like!!

dougcl, saw this on matrixsynth, its rad!

cebec, I really like your second one!! Max FTW!

rezzn8r, love this! eerie nightmare cave of wonder!!

thanks!! now off on the bike!! love love love
rezzn8r
Umcorps wrote:
Time to jump in properly I think.

wow, jumped into the deep end with both feet, i'd say!
great job

dougcl wrote:
Yet another PLL video.

rock'it, sock'it fun!

cebec wrote:
Two raw jams for your weekend enjoyment...

2nd one was my fav, wish there was an opera like that where i live...
Umcorps
rezzn8r wrote:

wow, jumped into the deep end with both feet, i'd say!

Frustrated modular lust is a powerful motivator. lol

xanthophyll is very much in my neighbourhood. Nice. Perversely soothing at times.

cebec wrote:
Two raw jams for your weekend enjoyment...

I vote 2 as well. Nixon in China on acid. What's not to like?
Kent
wetterberg wrote:
got a few phone calls to make, after that it's fucking ON!

Good to here, matey! Good to hear.

And that leads me to the infamous words again:

consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

Saturday #2

This one is a bit long but has some cool spots. Feel free to skip around; maybe divide it into 5 sections or so. It was a busy day today and I wasn't feeling super-inspired. However, I do have a commitment to honor.

Good work by the rest of you. I'm listening to them all as I type. Cebec's 2nd one is really something else! I'm not up to the rest of 'em yet.
felix
I'm going to get a serious scolding for not getting ready for my wife's b-day party today, but I feel so lame for flaking on posting some the last several saturdays.

So here it is. Rather simple and not too complicated and was started specifically for Kent as it uses both Elektron boxes.

It consists of a machinedrum pattern which I don't tweak at all, a monomoachine pattern where I mute/fade in/out different tracks, and finally a crazy stereo noise patch from the modular that sneaks in there. All mixed live through the 1402 into my edirol R-09.

w00t

http://share.ovi.com/media/felixinferious.public/felixinferious.10029
parasitk
felix wrote:

Great atmosphere. I love it! SlayerBadger!

So I happened to be home this Saturday, so I made some fucking noise!

I'm still sorta in Buchla mode since AHNE, so this is filled with FM and trigger pulses into my lopass gate (Borg). Same basic patch idea I've been playing with for months now actually: VCS FMs the Blacet VCO which is sent into the Wave Folder. EG1 in LFO mode modulates Folder. Binary Zone is clocked to Noise Ring and sends triggers to the Borg. Noise Ring and BZ do some pitch stuff to the Blacet and VSC. BZ triggers go to the Oakley Little Lag used as a simple AR envelope.

Recorded direct into the Shadow Hills Gama, then API 525 doing a bit of leveling. There's a touch of UAD Space Echo on the whole thing.

If you can make it, it gets pretty damn cool around 8:00 or so!

http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/422328

w00t
dougcl
felix wrote:

sweet sounds!
dougcl
Yet another PLL patch!
http://share.ovi.com/media/dougcl.sounds/dougcl.10015

Edit: fixed link
vurt
i believe "noise" was the request...
oops
http://share.ovi.com/media/vurt.public/vurt.10024
SlayerBadger!
dougcl
vurt wrote:
oops
SlayerBadger!

Awesome. we're not worthy
sandyb
a bit late this weekend. some random tyme sefari/ plan b model 15 noises from an hour or so i recorded yesterday.

in space nobody can hear you post modules

listening to everyone's stuff later on w00t

sandy
Kent
Right on, Mr. Escigler! wink It was your Elektronipulations that orignially got me turned on to the MD. Great feel & atmosphere on this one.

Chris, I really like that sound @ 9:24.

Rezzn8r, what filters are you using? Especially for that gurgling sound?

Dougcl, I think that you are determined to convince me of a PLL in my future. I'll have to tack one on to my upcoming Schneider's order.

Vurt, that shit sounds like guitar at the beginning. What was it?
sandyb
some fun listening - thanks to everyone for posting screaming goo yo

cebec - the 2nd one was cool. i really liked the 1st one though especially the metallic noises.

rezzn8r - nice noises. all modcan or am i hearing some other stuff in there too?

kent- more saturday madness! there were some great moments in this. would definitely be worth editing and adding some drums too imho.

felix - lovely atmosphere. don't post any more and make me interested in the monomachine/machinedrum gear! angry

parasitk - great. i spend half my time making buchla noises as it's so fun. i'm looking forward to trying out some of the wiard modules that make it to euro.

vurt - i *must* remember to turn my speakers down before firing up your noises in future.
cebec
Thanks for the feedback, guys!
I need to catch up on a lot of your posts, now...
rezzn8r
felix, love the slow, delayed percussion in your track. it's the kind of thing i like to listen to driving at night.

parasitk, definatly a buchla-ness to your offering. great job.

nice noise, vert. very complex.

kent, i liked this, especially the bass part of the sequence. can't wait 'til you're "super-inspired"

sandyb, can't reaaly comment yet, as i was listening to these while preparing lunch for my mother. i'd like to give this another listen on headphones when i get home tonight.

sandyb wrote:
rezzn8r - nice noises. all modcan or am i hearing some other stuff in there too?

it's about 50/50 modcan/moog. LP through MG Phaser and Delay.

kent wrote:
Rezzn8r, what filters are you using? Especially for that gurgling sound?

i think the gurgling is a LFO clocked to the audio range. a second LFO changes the wave shape of the audio LFO. The filter is a Modcan 46B using the 2 filters in series, one bandpass, one lowpass.
cebec
rezzn8r, the sounds and mood are excellent! I like how it develops, too.

felix, I really enjoyed the feeling of space and the groove in this and it sounds great!

sandyb, wow, this becomes very disorienting after awhile on headphones and the quiet sounds are very interesting.

Kent, Radiophonic Carnival! Some great sounds and a disturbing listen, at times.

vurt, sweet brutal noise! Is it all Bug Modular?

dougcl, amazing vocal sounds and very cool feel to this. I'd like to hear more of these sounds!

parasitk, truly bulbous! Overall a great sound -- I especially like the saturated deep FM sounds at 2:56 and 8:29 - 11:00.
Kent
I just went back and listened again to some of these. Sorry that I left Synthetic, Spbaker & Jonkull off of my 'shout out' list; so here goes:

Synthetic: There are 3 sounds that really grabbed my attention: The bass, the main FM'd part & the part that sounds like a burst generator. Can you tell me how you developed each part?

Spbaker: A scary listen on headphones. My wife walked in the room and put her hand on my shoulder and I almost dropped a brick. MY ASS IS BLEEDING How do you do that lazer-sound (sounds like kicking a spring reverb tank) that is about 1/3 of the way through?

Jonkull: Wow! It's hard to believe that this is all modular and that it is your 1st post. Nice work. How are you doing the Japanese Taiko Drum part? The part that sounds like the tail of the filter is FM'd...

Keep knockin' 'em out, fellas. Next week is already approaching.
vurt
dougcl wrote:
vurt wrote:
oops
SlayerBadger!

Awesome. we're not worthy

cheers smile
glad you liked.

Kent wrote:

Vurt, that shit sounds like guitar at the beginning. What was it?

thats the bug modular through some cheap ass distortion pedals.

sandyb wrote:

vurt - i *must* remember to turn my speakers down before firing up your noises in future.

oops but yes SlayerBadger!

rezzn8r wrote:

nice noise, vert. very complex.

thanks smile
and yup, noise doesnt have to be flatlined, but it can be hihi

cebec wrote:
vurt, sweet brutal noise! Is it all Bug Modular?

mostly with a bit of board weevil and some guitar pedals, mainly fuzz and distortion.

cheers for all the comments grin

as for you lot, ive been in and out of listening through the day and im loving some of the noises you lot get, the only problem is then i read how you did it and it leaves me wanting more toys!!!
heres to saturday noise makers Guinness ftw!
parasitk
I need to catch up on some listening so I can join in all the back patting! Dinner at the Y
wetterberg
It's always saturday 'round here!!!
SlayerBadger!
http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_-_Percolate_the_Helm.mp3
(shit, wouldn't it be cool if we had an embeddable player?)

Anyway, this track is all little bits from a 26 minute recording I did, no effects outside what was in the modular.

Doepfer a-110->Doepfer a-137 wave mult -> MakeNoise QMMG->split to two different BugBrand PTdelays.

QMMG was controlled by an a-143-2, which also sent gate signals for each of its stages to a mixer, which then controlled the delay times of the PTdelays - this provides some of the harmonies that duck in and out.
Wave Mult was controlled by an a-143-1->a132-3 (adjusting the gain on the input really gets the effect going).

So yeah, only audio *generator* in this patch is a single sinewave smile
dougcl
wetterberg wrote:
It's always saturday 'round here!!!
SlayerBadger!
(shit, wouldn't it be cool if we had an embeddable player?)

Nice stuff. Are those digital delays?
SingleCell
wetterberg wrote:

Fantastic Aural Journey. I quite enjoyed that. Inspiring.
Kent
dougcl wrote:

Nice stuff. Are those digital delays?

Yup. The "PT" is a digital delay chip that is used in the BugBrand units.

Nice work, Andreas.
wetterberg
SingleCell wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

Fantastic Aural Journey. I quite enjoyed that. Inspiring.
thanks guys! Guinness ftw!
jonkull
I missed last Saturday so I'm making up for it by posting a day early for this Saturday.

Again mixed on headphones. 4 tracks. Bells are FrequenSteiner and Polivoks being FMed by AFGs. First drone is Polivoks with a combination of audio rate FM and Model 10 VC. Drone that comes in half way through is 2 AFGs being FMed by 4 different sources (Polivoks, FrequenSteiner, Dalek and Vulcan) via Doepfer A134-2 Dual Crossfader controlled by Model 10. Cheesy dialog courtesy of the site formerly known as psychoexgirlfriend dot com. Photo taken in Murano, Italy.

w00t

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/saturday-noize-2

* Update with new bandcamp account. iWeb sucks.
sandyb
my noises for this saturday. modcan vcdo, modulated by modcan quad lfo and quad envelope, going into modcan vca panner. there are two clips from about an hour that i recorded. the short one from earlier, the long later, after i'd tweaked things a bit. i've been experimenting trying to do one take variations on the sort of cut up tape sounds that are often used in electroacoustic music. not quite there yet but it works at times.
stream or download here:

short

long

sounds best on decent speakers or headphones - there's a lot of panning going on.

sandy
sandyb
jonkull wrote:
I missed last Saturday so I'm making up for it by posting a day early for this Saturday...

that was excellent jon. had an spk feeling to it. i liked the voice being in the background rather than too upfront.
Chuck E. Jesus
jonkull wrote:

http://web.me.com/jon.kull/Saturday_Noise/SaturdayNoise/Entries/2009/5  /15_Saturday_Noise_2.html

Please let me know if this works. I got errors when uploading but everything seemed to be there when I checked.

not working for me...if it's in anyway QT related, i can't play...

maybe upload directly?
sandyb
ross g wrote:
jonkull wrote:

http://web.me.com/jon.kull/Saturday_Noise/SaturdayNoise/Entries/2009/5  /15_Saturday_Noise_2.html

Please let me know if this works. I got errors when uploading but everything seemed to be there when I checked.

not working for me...if it's in anyway QT related, i can't play...

maybe upload directly?

shit - i forgot to say. it didn't stream. i had to wait for it to load up and then download it to my computer using quicktime. then it played fine.
jonkull
Wish I had the power of deletion. See post next page.
w00t
jonkull
sandyb wrote:
jonkull wrote:
I missed last Saturday so I'm making up for it by posting a day early for this Saturday...

that was excellent jon. had an spk feeling to it. i liked the voice being in the background rather than too upfront.

Thanks. I think I'm happier with this one than the last. I enjoyed both of yours as well.
Chuck E. Jesus
jonkull wrote:

It's just an mp3. Here's a direct link...

http://web.me.com/jon.kull/Saturday_Noise/Media/SatNoise2.mp3

for some reason i couldn't find it d'oh!

the first ten seconds sound great thumbs up
jonkull
Here we go again...

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/saturday-noize-2

This should make things easier.
MrDys
Seq Seq

I was testing out using a 4-stage sequential switch and a mixer as a mini-sequencer. Gonna have to remember to keep this one in my bag of tricks.
sandyb
MrDys wrote:
Seq Seq

I was testing out using a 4-stage sequential switch and a mixer as a mini-sequencer. Gonna have to remember to keep this one in my bag of tricks.

nice. what was the patch?
Kent
Bleh, it's gonna be 'Weak Sauce Saturday for me'. I've been totally busy today and I'm just winding down at a quarter to 11 PM.

I think I'll jam out a track tomorrow though!
MrDys
sandyb wrote:
nice. what was the patch?

1 Clockwork channel on "hold" into the sequential switch O/I
each of the sequential switch stages into the 4 channels of a a138c polarized mixer
polarized mixer out -> modcan dual quantizer -> Z3000 CV in -> Saw out -> A107 -> M13
a second Clockwork channel set to 32nds is multed and going to a A142 env trigger and the sequential switch trigger
the A142 envelope is multed and going to the M13, A107 cutoff, & A107 res
manual tweaking of all of the mixer bits, filter cutoff, filter res, A142 envelope length.

There's some Dimensional Expander chorus, Dimensional Space Reverb, and Lexicon Vortex delay added on after it comes out of the modular.
wetterberg
modular dronez and beats!

Kwote, you may dig this, the main bass synth has a decidedly "crab"-like rhythm that I really love.

The Big Undo-Bot
sandyb
thumbs up very good drum sounds there andreas.
mono-poly
From last posts i did really like the Jonkull one!
Kwote
wetterberg wrote:

Kwote, you may dig this, the main bass synth has a decidedly "crab"-like rhythm that I really love.

The Big Undo-Bot

it's pretty hot but the hat sounds like some psycho alien scissors are trying to cut my hair against my will..

AHHHHHH HELP MEEEEE!!!! screaming goo yo Bop! screaming goo yo
jonkull
mono-poly wrote:
From last posts i did really like the Jonkull one!

Hey, thanks a lot! Chugging Beers
Chuck E. Jesus
wetterberg wrote:

good stuff!
wetterberg
thanks chaps!
Kwote wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

The Big Undo-Bot

it's pretty hot but the hat sounds like some psycho alien scissors are trying to cut my hair against my will..

AHHHHHH HELP MEEEEE!!!! screaming goo yo Bop! screaming goo yo
lol, yeah that's a great description, rofl! hihi
LDT
@Jonkull: Love those clean bells and gnarly drones.
@Wetterberg: It made me smile. First the drums and then the stutter synth going double time and triplets and whatnot.

As I have mentioned, saturday is not synthday here. But here is something fresh from the analogue playground:
http://soundcloud.com/terkelsen-machine/ididntuntilthedog

Lots of different stuff going on: Initial glitchy synth is PEK. Voyager is doing a three note chord. P8 is doing some chords. MS10 is doing a little 5/8 line. MS20 is doing the bass. SH5 on the lead with Ibanez delay and compression. 808 through E&F is doing a kick (with some weirdness). Drm1 some hihat and perc. RS290 is looping some vocal I sang to it, and is gated by the RS synthi env/vca. Hm, I think that was it.
Mr. Sound Boy King
Old skool industrial glitch dub...

http://www.immigrantbreastnest.com/release-files/01-Unassimilated%20Du b.mp3

Nanoloop --> M-Resonator
Alesis HR16B(bent)-->Boss RPS-10(bent)
vox-->Zvex Fuzzprobe.

Hope you enjoy it!
mono-poly
http://www.archive.org/details/FckYo
SlayerBadger!
mono-poly
Above link fixed very frustrating

MERDE!
wetterberg
Alright mah bitches:

MakeNoise QMMG HPF of Doom mating with the BugBrand eek! SlayerBadger! f u MY ASS IS BLEEDING
-crossposted from the eurorack sub-forum - and yes, it's saturday now, so nerrr.
mono-poly
FU2 http://www.archive.org/details/FckYo
Robba
Heres my noise for this saturday. Im getting visitors so sadly I cannot listen tonight to the other entries... (unless I convince my mother to listen to noise... screaming goo yo )

12 Duiven
Soy Sos
I don't know if this qualifies as some fucking noise, but here's what I did.
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10074

A new collaboration with singer Belove. I think she has a beautiful voice, easygoing nature and is very open to experimentation. We had a good time working on this track and I hope to make many more. This is a first draft from one 3 hour session. It includes an ARP 2600 drone, some frequency modulated filter vocal treatments and filtered dub delay action...Enjoy
sandyb
wetterberg : madness! i especially liked it around the 4 minute mark.

mono-poly : that was cool. which pieces of your lovely selection of gear did you use for this one?

robba : excellent. a nice mix of noise and "melody" which is something i really enjoy. your mother would like the noise - get her to listen twisted

soy sos : she does indeed have a nice voice. i liked the backing track to it too - reminded me of massive attack in places.

here's my contribution for today. had major upload hassle on bandcamp so it's on ovi for now. i've been listening to curtis roads all week so it was somewhat inevitable to do something approximating granular sounds. a good chance to play around with a couple of modules i got this week - doepfer a189-1 bit cruncher and a198 ribbon controller. pressure on the controller fired envelopes to the a189-1's cv inputs and triggered a model 13 lpg. position varied pitch of the oscillator feeding the a189-1.

http://share.ovi.com/media/sandyb.public/sandyb.10050

sandy
Kent
Dear Capt. Eel,

It all qualifies.

Love and snuggles,

Kent
mono-poly
Sandyb i used my blippoo box for this one.
I will check the others when i get back.
vurt
http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtube/pendulums%20of%20light.mp3

this weeks, include bugbrand board weevil and a torch on a string.
SingleCell
Saturday.... Noise....

Fiddling with my new mini-case Wogglebug + Tyme Sefari, when this started happening...

Qarplexa

...I thought I had better record it.

EDIT: Nice track Robba. Same 'instruments' as mine... very different sound. Were you using a sequencer or quantizer for the melodic harmonics, or literally only the modules you listed?
Robba
Tnx Singlecell. When I said in your thread about wogglebug and TS in a case that your track hobgoblins was inspiring I meant it. So I quantized the lfo for the sequence.

I have used a quantized lfo to the heart in and quantized the stepped out to the doepfer oscillator which goes into the TS.

This way you have quit a lot of contrl on the randomnes of the sequence by attenuating what goes into the quantizer and by changing the control for the stepped out.
SingleCell
Interesting that you quantized going both in and out of the Wogglebug. Is that very different from just quantizing the output? I need to experiment more with it.
brandon daniel
Yesterday I tested my custom bidule granular synthesis engine by multitracking it through the modular, plus one track of Wavestation VST = 5 minutes of distorto-ambient:

http://fdiskc.com/aud/Distortobient.mp3

For the record, this is the source audio file I was using in the granular engine:
http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=4237
wetterberg
niiice! Been waiting to hear that app for a while now! Sounds really smooth!
brandon daniel
wetterberg wrote:
niiice! Been waiting to hear that app for a while now! Sounds really smooth!

It's not *that* smooth, running it through the modular and some verb helps. When I've got a couple more bugs worked out I'll post a bleep blog all about it, with more dry demos.
Robba
SingleCell wrote:
Interesting that you quantized going both in and out of the Wogglebug. Is that very different from just quantizing the output? I need to experiment more with it.

That is actually a very good question and when I think about it it shouldn't make any difference...

I will check this out when I get home.
Robba
I have checked and it doesnt matter for the melodic output to be quantized.
After tracing back the cables I found out that I used the quantiser to generate triggers based on the LFO input to open a VCA.
Umcorps
I was going to post this in the ultra small patches thread but, hey, its Saturday.

Inspired by the thread about an FM radio module I dug out a knackered old FM radio, tuned it slightly off-station and patched it directly into an A-101 multimode filter. That went out to an A-188 BBD, from there to an A-137 wave multiplier and this is what came out.

Radio Faustus

I added a bit of reverb after (to smooth out the part where the wave multiplier started to slice the signal into bits) but other than that, it's a live, unedited take.

Tweaking filter and wave multi settings throughout. Sometimes it chances on a really crude vocoder kind of sound. At other times it's just picking up the beat of the broadcast (which I think goes to speech about 2/3 of the way in). Controlled chaos.

God, I love this stuff.
sandyb
digital noises for an analogue saturday

microwaves for the masses

sandy
Robba
Hi Umcorps; Who needs oscillators? That sounds nice, radio is a great source!

Sandy, Really like this track, very nice tension and sublte sounds! Downloaded it to populate my playlist!
consumed
shame on me for being AFT for so long since i started the damn thing
branching off from the "interesting FM/AM thread" i whipped this together this morning

http://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/fmam-extent4

turn it up loud, i promise it wont hurt
wetterberg
consumed wrote:
shame on me for being AFT for so long since i started the damn thing
branching off from the "interesting FM/AM thread" i whipped this together this morning

http://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/fmam-extent4

turn it up loud, i promise it wont hurt
oh shit that is BANGING!!!

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo w00t w00t
wetterberg
I did two experiments tonight, knowing that I won't get to do it tomorrow:

StreamOfConsciousness work in Ableton Live, just rocking out without thinking.

first one:
http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_straightfromtheright.mp3
second one:
http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_straightfromtheleft2.mp3
SingleCell
@Umcorps: Great track! Is the title a reference to the band Faust? They are one of my favorites.

@sandyb: beautiful. ethereal. excellent track.
Roycie Roller
consumed wrote:
shame on me for being AFT

A Festering Toenail?
dougcl
Playing around with S&H as an audio effect. Full description after the jump.
http://share.ovi.com/media/dougcl.sounds/dougcl.10016
sandyb
thanks for the comments.

Umcorps: a great use of an old radio.

consumed: that fm/am patch is cool. i'll have to try it out.

wetterberg: the first one reminded me of a drunken night in a curry house! maybe it was the fart noises.

dougcl: lovely. i'm interested to read the patch details.
Umcorps
SingleCell wrote:
@Umcorps: Great track! Is the title a reference to the band Faust? They are one of my favorites.

But of course! One of the finest of the fine. w00t

There was something about the sound of this setup that reminded me of some of their more, unrestrained moments. If you imagine a huge clattering drum beat kicking off about 2/3rds of the way into the clip it could segue quite nicely into Krautrock.

Robba wrote:
Who needs oscillators?

I do. I really, really do.

Looks like I should finally be getting at least one (MFB OSC-2) this week as Thomann finally get the goods. Still not sure where my Schneider delivery is at though waah
SingleCell
dougcl wrote:

That's hot! I don't think I've tried S&H at audio rate... yet.
Luka
here is my weekend effort
just a few hours today

http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/rubi
doctorvague
Luka wrote:
just a few hours today

Nice stuff!
sandyb
very good luka. nice atmosphere in that piece.
Kent
consumed wrote:

time to make some noise.

Goofin' off before I tear this patch down and start something new. This is the first I've used this much of my system after a thorough re-wiring of some things around here. There is an accompanying video of my back on YouTube. I couldn't position the camera correctly due to all of the shit on my floor; wiring, cables, soldering-iron-of-justice, and plain old not knowing WTF I was doing, etc.
FM'd AFG Metalbox Wave Multiplier Octopus

List of characters:

Livewire AFG FM'd by Plan B M15. Analogue Solutions Vostok as EGs, MIDI to CV & Mixer. QMMG as QMMG. CGS/Metalbox Wave Multiplier. CGS/Metalbox Burst Generator. Genoqs Octopus as brain. My back.

You can easily hear the Wave Multiplier doing it's own thing at the 4 minute mark in this track. The cool thing about the Octopus is that you can record any MIDI Continuous Controller directly into it and it will play it and you can modify it. This is what I did in order to animate the Metalbox/CGS Wave Mulitiplier.

Why am I awake and posting this at 5:30 AM? Because my doctor, Dr. Frankenstein, shoved a gigantic needle into the space between my arm and shoulder and pumped it full of dye about 12 hours ago and that bitch be aching!!!
ambulance

Enjoy the view of my posterior. The MP3 is better.
sandyb
nice bass sounds Kent. did it take you long to get to know what you're doing with the octopus? it looks mighty complicated but looks can be deceiving.

sandy
wetterberg
FINALLY printed some proper bug sounds with my modular. I gotta hand it to the PlanB m15 and my new Doepfer a-149-1 random voltage gizmo, couldn't have done this without it!

It's a mix between the classic "FMd osc into LPG" sound and some of my delay-tweakery!

http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_truebugs_mvmnt01.mp3
and for the hardcore here's the .wav as well:
http://www.wetterberg.dk/tracks/wetterberg_truebugs_mvmnt01.wav

Enjoy!
rezzn8r
looks like i've got a wee bit 'o catching up to do in this thread after 2 weeks of isolation in the bush (no phone/tv/radio/internet/power).

results of today's tinkerings....
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/track/enter-return
Kent
sandyb wrote:
nice bass sounds Kent. did it take you long to get to know what you're doing with the octopus? it looks mighty complicated but looks can be deceiving.

sandy

Yes and no. The basic stuff is as simple as pie & fairly direct. That said, although recording MIDI directly into the Octopus is really easy, you definitely have to read the manual in order to know how to do it. The Octopus is of its own world in many ways and although things are pretty easy (saving machine states, dumping Sysex, making chords without playing them in, etc.) you have to learn their methodology. Fortunately, by the time that you are on Chapter 2 or 3, you can see where they are going with things and just poking around will help you to figure out the basic aspects.

I consider the above things to be in Levels '1' or '2' of the Octopus. There are higher levels of Nerdhood to obtain and one runs in to them as one explores the machine and uses it more and more.

One of the other Wigglers mentioned that, if you take time away from the beast, you kinda forget some of what was learned. I can easily see this being the case if you weren't intimately familiar with the unit in great detail. After getting reacquainted with the unit after not having used it for some time, I did have to crack the manual in order to remember how to get tracks to play back at sub-divisions of the Master Tempo. But then you go "Oh, yeah... duh..." d'oh!

I'm glad that I got it as I don't like clicking around in a computer. And then I can dump all of the MIDI and freak it in the MacInTrash if I wish to do so. In short, the Genoqs units are easier to use than they appear at first look. It is a shame that there aren't any good online lessons or videos for the beginner. It would make it much easier. Going through the manual, chapter by chapter, with the machine at hand works as well.

Oh, and all of the sounds that you heard were your former AFG, monophonically. If you stop the video at 32 seconds, you can see the top 4 lines of the sequence on that page. The 2 middle lines, of the top 4 lines, are the higher pitched notes and the 2 lines that sandwich those 2 center tracks are the bass notes. I did this so that I can mute each line independently or have all 4 running at once. The live performance options are staggering with this machine.
rezzn8r
Luka wrote:
just a few hours today

not working anymore. did you pull it?
dougcl
Looking at doing chords last night. Out of patch cords.
http://share.ovi.com/media/dougcl.sounds/dougcl.10017
dougcl
wetterberg wrote:
FINALLY printed some proper bug sounds with my modular. I gotta hand it to the PlanB m15 and my new Doepfer a-149-1 random voltage gizmo, couldn't have done this without it!

It's a mix between the classic "FMd osc into LPG" sound and some of my delay-tweakery!

Enjoy!

That bug delay sounds awesome.
Robba
Some radio and a Tyme Sefari loop and a 606.

De Schoorsteen Moet Rooken
dougcl
Robba wrote:

Love it. Sounds almost like breathing at the beginning, then a coffee shop or club in the background. Is there a delay in addition to the Tyme Sefari?
Robba
@ Wetterberg; Nice delays!
@Rezzn8r; I like the atmosphere and great sounds and rhythm

Will listen to the other entries later, off to bed now!
wetterberg
dougcl wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

Enjoy!

That bug delay sounds awesome.
thanks! I really find it adds a lot of depth to the sound once you start cv'ing delay time in a piece - when trying to create a really dynamic scene a static echo or reverb really doesn't help a lot.

Really looking forward to the Malekko BBD as well! applause
flippantminister
rezzn8r wrote:
looks like i've got a wee bit 'o catching up to do in this thread after 2 weeks of isolation in the bush (no phone/tv/radio/internet/power).

quite a trip! where did you go?
Robba
dougcl wrote:
Robba wrote:

Love it. Sounds almost like breathing at the beginning, then a coffee shop or club in the background. Is there a delay in addition to the Tyme Sefari?

I used the TS for the "breathing" loop. I used a Boss DM100 for delay effect. Voices is from a radio sermon about Jezus and God. Its about the only station I can receive.
Robba
dougcl wrote:

Nice! I that woodblock rhythm works very well with the sounds.
How many cords did you use?
wetterberg
Robba wrote:
dougcl wrote:

Nice! I that woodblock rhythm works very well with the sounds.
I loved this one.
rezzn8r wrote:

realy nice,love the background sound,nice mysterious mood,and the pics u add are awesome

dougcl wrote:

Fantastic harmonics

Kent--> nice lab u have there
Kent
Thank you, sir! I'm almost done with the re-organization and will have better videos & photos up after that. When are you going to post more of your cool music?
I recorded this yesterday,very deep drone from a hollow planet:

http://modularelectroworks.blogspot.com/2009/06/hollow-planet.html
jonkull
http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/saturday-noize-3

8 tracks. All modular except two vocal samples. Modules used: Vulcan, AFG, Borg, Boogie, Model 10, Model 13, Attenuverting Mixer. No sequencing. Lots of reverb. I like things to sound cavernous.
jonkull wrote:

8 tracks. All modular except two vocal samples. Modules used: Vulcan, AFG, Borg, Boogie, Model 10, Model 13, Attenuverting Mixer. No sequencing. Lots of reverb. I like things to sound cavernous.

again thumbs up ,and the picture killz!
rezzn8r
jonkull wrote:

great track, as was SN2. nice art, too. is it yours?

2012 wrote:
I recorded this yesterday,very deep drone from a hollow planet:

http://modularelectroworks.blogspot.com/2009/06/hollow-planet.html

very deep indeed, sir! it made things in my apartment move. glad you like the 'art' for my tracks. the image comes from a high resolution scan of some dragonflys i made many years ago when i worked as a scanning operator. there is a glowing edges filter applied in photoshop to make them look more alien.

flippantminister wrote:
rezzn8r wrote:

quite a trip! where did you go?

my family has a camp on a lake in northern ontario, near the top of lake superior. it's about a 10 hour drive from where i live in toronto to where i park my car, and then 30-45min by boat. very remote. i spend a couple of weeks a year up there. the sensory deprivation makes me appreciate my toys all the more!

been working my way through what i've missed in here and there's been too much cool shit to mention it all. props to wetterberg who has been rocking this thread. i would say BIG UNDO-BOT takes the cake, but since the cake is a lie i'm at a loss for words. hihi

edit for spelling d'oh!
jonkull
2012 wrote:
jonkull wrote:

again thumbs up ,and the picture killz!

Thanks!
jonkull
rezzn8r wrote:
jonkull wrote:

great track, as was SN2. nice art, too. is it yours?

Thanks and yes.
dougcl
Jon, love the sounds you're putting together. Robba, your tracks are awesome. It's such a privilege to log in here and hear so much great stuff.
jonkull
dougcl wrote:
Jon, love the sounds you're putting together.

Thanks Doug.

It's funny how this piece came about. I wrecked my motorcycle yesterday. Riding canyons in the rain wasn't the bright idea I thought it would be. When I got home I decided to spend some time with the modular to see which modules I can live without should I need to sell them to fix the bike. I've found that I tend to use the same modules over and over again and can probably part with the 3U I just put together last week...of course. d'oh!

I'm running out. I'll check out everyone's stuff this afternoon.
Robba
jonkull wrote:

Nice! Love te bleeps!

Sorry to hear about your bike!
Kent
Yup, I gotta say that there is some might fine 'n' fun stuff all up in here! Good work, gents; and thanks for taking the time to "dare to share"...

Still waiting upon that Muff Wiggler bastard to make good though!
Luka
http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/projectd

done so much this weekend
still found time to write some music
smile

now time to check all the others
Luka
jonkull wrote:

great stuff jon, im a sucker for cavenous sounds
cant wait to get my nueral agonizer built
is this a noodle or do you play on some sort of controller?

robba wrote:

awesome
another deep rolling winner

rezzn8r wrote:

love those ripping resonate filters and floating tones
killer

man so much good music this weekend
oh and yeah sorry i pulled that other track down from soundcloud. i only am allowed 5 so i dont keep many up for long

ok time for bed
good work crew
Robba
Luka wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/projectd

done so much this weekend
still found time to write some music
smile

now time to check all the others

Great beat with the voice like sounds. Like little machine elves.
jonkull
I just finished listening to people's tracks. For some reason soundcloud is blocked by our firewall so I couldn't hear Robba or Luka's stuff but I'll give them a listen when I get home from work. Nice work everyone.

Doug...your track stands out because it sounds so upbeat compared to the others. hihi

Luka wrote:
great stuff jon, im a sucker for cavenous sounds
cant wait to get my nueral agonizer built
is this a noodle or do you play on some sort of controller?

It's more or less a bunch of noodles. I multi-tracked everything but there was no live manipulation of knobs or controller of any sort used. It's all done with LFOs and envelopes.
sandyb
SlayerBadger! thanks for all the tracks from last week - i enjoyed listening to them.
here's some noise for this week. a small section of some stuff i'm working on. play loud

to much harch and self centered

sandy
rezzn8r
nice sandy!, the louder, the better!
i really like that pic you use for your sketches. it makes my brain do a little gestalt flip every time i see it. for some reason i see a penguin at first. then i process the forground/background focus and realize it's something else. thumbs up

happy saturday!
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/track/sat13
modulator_esp
improvised ambient space set and live debut of my a100, recorded at 1am this morning

Modulator_ESP_Space_Port_Zero_Nine_130609
panda30y
Great tracks guys. Been listening to some of these tracks for a few weeks, and I think I'll post something. I've been really digging SandyB's stuff lately.

I just started my modular system, and I only have a Blacet VCO and Binary Zone, so this is kindof rough with no keyboard inputs or edits, done in 5 live passes with no edits. I actually did this really quick last saturday afternoon as you can tell, so technically it is still saturday noise. Also, I have a minute of just nothing at the end, I guess I just bounced really fast and didn't check my bounds. hihi

Blacet Test
rezzn8r
panda30y wrote:
Great tracks guys. Been listening to some of these tracks for a few weeks, and I think I'll post something. I've been really digging SandyB's stuff lately.

I just started my modular system, and I only have a Blacet VCO and Binary Zone, so this is kindof rough with no keyboard inputs or edits, done in 5 live passes with no edits. I actually did this really quick last saturday afternoon as you can tell, so technically it is still saturday noise. Also, I have a minute of just nothing at the end, I guess I just bounced really fast and didn't check my bounds. hihi

Blacet Test

cool. i like the way the melody comes in around the 3 minute mark.
panda30y
rezzn8r wrote:
panda30y wrote:

Blacet Test

Thanks! I just wish my fingers had more precise intonation on the tremolo sounding track...
sandyb
some listening.

rezzn8r - nice track. happy sounding. and monkey says: Peter Grenader

modulator_esp - great space sounds. what synths did you use apart from your modular?

panda30y - welcome to the saturday thread! (and thanks for the comment - always nice to get feedback). that was a lovely piece you put together - very chilled out. i'm interested to hear what you do when you get some more modules.
Robba
rezzn8r wrote:

Cool melodies Rezzn8r!
modulator_esp
sandyb wrote:

modulator_esp - great space sounds. what synths did you use apart from your modular?

everything except the kitchen sink

Nord G2 through Resonator and Repeater
Korg Wavestation
Evolver
Andromeda
Proteus 2000
SP-404
Prophet VS
Microwave II
Prophet 5
Matrix 12
Voyager
ER-1
RY-30
P3 and Zeit for sequences

I just like sitting in the middle of all my synths and improvising smile
sandyb
saturday again w00t
i recorded a load of stuff this afternoon of which this is a short excerpt. it's pretty rough and needs lots of structuring/panning/playing around with layers etc but the basic sounds will stay as they are. main sound sources are plan b model 15 osc and doepfer a189-1 bit cruncher. as usual - headphones or ok speakers best screaming goo yo

15 pulses

sandy
Robba
Is there some radio in it?
I like the way the sounds grow onto me. Would be nice if it lasted some longer!
sandyb
Robba wrote:
Is there some radio in it?
I like the way the sounds grow onto me. Would be nice if it lasted some longer!

thanks for listening. there's no radio. most of the radio type noises are from the a189-1 being modulated by a livewire dual cyclotron. it will be part of a longer piece that i'll inflict on everyone at some point but i need to do a ton of work on the structure and so on yet.

sandy
Kent
Well, my wife thought that it would be a good idea to wake my ass up early in order to bring forth some noise of an altogether different type. I'm fuckin' shattered... bed!!! ambulance

sandyb
w00t w00t
congratulations kent! (and mrs kent too)
you'll have plenty of noise for many saturdays to come.

sandy
green onion
applause It's peanut butter jelly time! MY ASS IS BLEEDING Congrats!

You'll be needing the modules to escape every now and then, and then tons of: Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
Robba
Wow congrats Kent!

Its really one of the best reasons to be woken up for!
(Birth I mean... diapers is a different story!)
jonkull
Congrats Kent! applause

I hope you're caught up on your sleep. I was like a zombie for the first 3 months after my son was born.
rezzn8r
congrats kent applause
methinks this might have something to do with the mega-kent-gear-sale as of late? hihi
Umcorps
w00t The best ever sort of Saturday noise.

Can get wearing after a while though. The attenuation on those is useless.

Congrats Kent! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
Kent
Thanks, guys! I normally don't like to post personal/family related stuff on boards, but this one was rather apt. I'm off to the clinic right now in order to spend some time with the expanded family. My wife tells me that there has been a lot of output from this expander system and the brown note was achieved. applause

Sandy, feel free to shrink that photo down if you wish. It is rather large.
sandyb
baby music

happy saturday screaming goo yo
Robba
Hi Sandy, nice track! eally like the sublte rhthmic noises coming in half way.

What ever happend to your Pulses track? Did you do some more work on that?

http://soundcloud.com/robba/actieve-militairen-meedoen

First sketch of a track im working on. Like to hear your comments!
modularplanner
Grats Kent ! ambulance MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dancing Star
sandyb
Robba wrote:
Hi Sandy, nice track! eally like the sublte rhthmic noises coming in half way.

What ever happend to your Pulses track? Did you do some more work on that?

http://soundcloud.com/robba/actieve-militairen-meedoen

First sketch of a track im working on. Like to hear your comments!

thanks.
i liked the vocal sounds in your track - worked well mixed quite low like you have them. i'm still working on the pulse track. i've got a rough version of it but want to play around some more with the structure.

sandy
JohnLRice
Belated Congrats, Kent!!!! w00t

I bet the new one doesn't wait until Saturday to make some noise! Mr. Green
cry cry cry cry cry cry
consumed
Kent wrote:
Well, my wife thought that it would be a good idea to wake my ass up early in order to bring forth some noise of an altogether different type. I'm fuckin' shattered... bed!!! ambulance

wow kent, congrats! thats a huge amount of noise! but it takes a little while to wind up to ear piercing dbs lol
Kent
Thanks again, my virtual companions! My Mother-In-Law, who is actually cool, is here for a week and it has been great. I actually put some time in on the Octopus and learned something new. applause

Keep bringing forth the tracks, guys. I'll get some more stuff up here when I get a spare hour or so. nanners
wetterberg
consumed wrote:
Kent wrote:

wow kent, congrats! thats a huge amount of noise! but it takes a little while to wind up to ear piercing dbs lol
babies do the brown note really well, but also that ear-piercing wail is both beautiful and scary at the same time... wonderful

eek! MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dead Banana ambulance
RetBody
Technically Friday Night noise, but I keep my synths at work so I don't do a lot of Saturday rocking out.

ARP2600 with a bit of Board Weevil "melody":
Autodidactic Asphyxiation
zthee
Kwisatz Haderach Jazz
panda30y
zthee wrote:
Kwisatz Haderach Jazz

IDK why, but I want to brush my teeth and shower to this music. nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana! w00t
zthee
panda30y wrote:
zthee wrote:
Kwisatz Haderach Jazz

IDK why, but I want to brush my teeth and shower to this music. nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana! w00t

thumbs up

It's 1 oscillator, 1 filter and one TR-606! grin

The reason it sounds like 2 voice is because I have a DSG (2 CGS VCS with the extra special removed) in audio rate driving the saw to sine of CGS VCO causing it to sound like a second oscillator! It's really kick ass!

Oh, and the drums goes through the Haible Frequency shifter hmmm.....
panda30y
zthee wrote:
panda30y wrote:
zthee wrote:
Kwisatz Haderach Jazz

thumbs up

It's 1 oscillator, 1 filter and one TR-606! grin

The reason it sounds like 2 voice is because I have a DSG (2 CGS VCS with the extra special removed) in audio rate driving the saw to sine of CGS VCO causing it to sound like a second oscillator! It's really kick ass!

Oh, and the drums goes through the Haible Frequency shifter hmmm.....

Sigh... I can't wait till I get my panel up and running. I'm heavily leaning towards building your second panel now...
zthee
I will get my brown thumb out and do the screen printing soon! I promise!

(I kinda feel I should post pictures of the 10 panels I got in my DIY drawer - so you guys can see I'm not fooling you! oops )
panda30y
zthee wrote:
I will get my brown thumb out and do the screen printing soon! I promise!

(I kinda feel I should post pictures of the 10 panels I got in my DIY drawer - so you guys can see I'm not fooling you! oops )

Actually I'm kind of happy it's taking awhile. I moved out to Chicago and left my job behind, and I'm in the process of getting a new job right now, so I'm kind of glad it's taking awhile, and I'm sure everyone else has no problem with the wait. We're just happy that you are generous enough with you time to actually do this, and you haven't been anything close to a Ninja "PG", you haven't even taken our money yet.
zthee
panda30y wrote:
We're just happy that you are generous enough with you time to actually do this, and you haven't been anything close to a Ninja "PG", you haven't even taken our money yet.

People have asked me if I need money to get it going, and I've always said no; I don't want to be another Adam Henry on the DIY list.. Not that I plan to be! But you never know what happens - My GF might think I need to pick up crack, cocain and LSD... waah

But I doubt that will happen! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Thought my biggest issues right now is that everyone in sweden is going on vacation! And that means that everything will be closed during the next 4 weeks...

And I wanna tweak it, and adjust and make it actually good! Thought the first run will be flawed! I know it. But still; let's make it as good as possible..
mono-poly
http://mono-poly.blogspot.com/2009/07/noodlemono-poly-aksid.html

w00t
rezzn8r
cool sounds, le chef!
mono-poly
Merci!
dougcl
Mr. White got me fiddling with the Metasonix R51 and Cwejman VCO-2RM today. This is the VCO-2RM OSC1 sine going to R51, OSC2 sine going to R51 distortion input. VCO is in sync mode. M10 ramp controls the OSC1 level and OSC2 pitch, using polarizers and offsets to modify the ramps. Audio result goes through Cwejman VCEQ3 and then ring modded with M15.
Robba
Some feedback between tyme sefari and a doepfer bbd controlled by an enveloped qmmg.
http://soundcloud.com/robba/radiostilte-2

(Edit; this was recorded on saturday...)

Doug, is your track self playing? Did you manipulate it in any way? I like the way the sounds change.
dougcl
Robba wrote:

Doug, is your track self playing? Did you manipulate it in any way? I like the way the sounds change.

Hi Robba, entirely self playing. Each EOA (end of attack trigger) grabbed a new VCO pitch and M10 timebase.
Kent
Saturday Noise Cross-Post Action!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84345#84345
Roycie Roller
'Playing' the Wogglebug #3 by running the Gate out from a Roland Paraphonic strings synth to the W'bug's Clock Input. Each time i hit a note, the W'bug is played. It's possible to get some really nice violin & theremin type sounds. There is also a Plague Bearer, Noise Ring & Jerkster, plus a direct audio out from the Roland. All one track.
rezzn8r
great stuff guys
here's a little sumthin'
same patch as last night's contribution to mono's [NOODLE] thread recorded this morning with manual intervention.
i'm having a lot of fun with the hold on my lfos.
http://soundcloud.com/rezzn8r/holditnow
sandyb
finally got a chance to listen to the last couple of week's stuff.

kent - nice one. sounds a bit like an intro to an early 90s hardcore track. i was waiting for the bass and kick drum to start. nanners

roycie roller - great! and scary Flamey it's a really nice effect with the wogglebug.

rezzn8r - some really nice tones on the holds.

sandy
DGTom
Roycie Roller wrote:
'It's possible to get some really nice violin & theremin type sounds.

I love those paraphonic strings (still miss my Delta) but you made em mad scary!!! Love it!

sandyb wrote:
kent - nice one. sounds a bit like an intro to an early 90s hardcore track. i was waiting for the bass and kick drum to start.

Yes! lol I was waiting for the speech from the start of Warriors to drop in over the top! (before the kick drum explosion)
Roycie Roller
Thanks guys!
Here's another scary one, this time the Noise Ring plays the W'bug, & i try my best to play along on the Roland (i been watching too many crime documentaries hihi )
Kent
Ha! Thanks, guys. I never thought about it that way. Once you mentioned "The Warriors" I totally saw it!
MrDys
Roycie Roller wrote:
'Playing' the Wogglebug #3 by running the Gate out from a Roland Paraphonic strings synth to the W'bug's Clock Input. Each time i hit a note, the W'bug is played. It's possible to get some really nice violin & theremin type sounds. There is also a Plague Bearer, Noise Ring & Jerkster, plus a direct audio out from the Roland. All one track.

I like this a lot. Very emotive.
Roycie Roller
Thankyou kindly!
DGTom
Kent wrote:
Once you mentioned "The Warriors" I totally saw it!

eek!
sandyb
hihi
i was thinking of this:

Robba
Roycie Roller wrote:
Thanks guys!
Here's another scary one, this time the Noise Ring plays the W'bug, & i try my best to play along on the Roland (i been watching too many crime documentaries hihi )

Nice one!
dougcl
I made a noisy drone type patch to the pitch of the house fan. Vid here:
dkcg
dougcl wrote:
I made a noisy drone type patch to the pitch of the house fan.

Cool kinda serge sounding (to my ears) patch! Can't wait to see what you do with a Buchla, doug. SlayerBadger!

What's that hihat sounding signal path? hipass? FM?
dougcl
dkcg wrote:
dougcl wrote:
I made a noisy drone type patch to the pitch of the house fan.

Cool kinda serge sounding (to my ears) patch! Can't wait to see what you do with a Buchla, doug. SlayerBadger!

What's that hihat sounding signal path? hipass? FM?

Hi thanks! The DNG and "6 Oscillators" outputs of the A117 are each ring modded with two A143 LFO square waves running at audio rate. One then goes through the VCA-4MX and the other through the QMMG. Both are modulated with the Cwejman ADSR. One emits a barely audible click on every 16th or so, and semi randomly extends the sound to a snare (using an ASR on the decay cv). The other is a regular snare sound that hits on a couple of 8ths every time around. One then adjusts the level of the other in the MX-4S. The result was a nice broken needle scratchy sound with a jazz drum thing going on. Really happy with that. Sounds complicated I guess, but it's actually simple.
Mr. Sound Boy King
dougcl wrote:
I made a noisy drone type patch to the pitch of the house fan. Vid here:

Just wanted to let you know I really liked this. Any place I can check out some more of your styles?
dougcl
Hi thanks. Everything I have online is either here
http://www.youtube.com/user/boobtube356
or here
http://share.ovi.com/album/dougcl.sounds
not much of a style I don't think
Soy Sos
Doug, that track is nice as hell!
I did make this fuckin' noise yesterday:
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10082
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10083
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10084
http://share.ovi.com/media/SoySos.public/SoySos.10085
Kent
I was goofing around with something in The Official Wetterberg Gigantasaurus Synth Sound Thread and took my Wretch Machine Noodlings to the next level. Most of the rules were broken, so I post it here for shits 'n' giggles.

It's all pretty simple in terms of patching actually. The fine tuning of the Metasonix stuff is what took the most time!
• Osc 1 goes through the entire Wretch
• Osc 1 also gets split off to a Plague Bearer --> Doepfer A-188-2 --> ASys RS-290
• LFO 2 on the Wretch clocks the RS-290 & a Binary Zone which is used to change the frequency of the Wretch Filter & the TM-2. LFO 2 also changes the pitch on Oscs 1 & 2. LFO 2 also molests the Plague Bearer & the Doepfer unit's delay time. LFO 2 is King! we're not worthy
• It is 3 channels in all: The Wretch output to one channel, the split off of Osc 1 to the FX then to another mixer channel & Osc 2 --> TM-2 to its own channel.
• Doepfer A-188-2's Output 1 is being used as a feedback line back into itself.
• Blended to taste in mono and then molested a bit in the computer. It's mostly compression though.
dougcl
Kent wrote:
took my Wretch Machine Noodlings to the next level.

Lotsa Love best wretch sounds I've heard. Moar plz.
dougcl
Soy Sos wrote:

I did make this fuckin' noise yesterday:

Just listened and thoroughly enjoyed all four. They all go great with the house fan. Maybe that's the PLL on lead in the last one. Thanks for posting.
jonkull
Here's mine for the day. No modular this time. 100% Casio VL-1.

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/something-soft

I haven't listened to anyone else's but I'll do that in a bit.
Kent
Nice stuff, Soy & Jon. I <3 this thread!
jonkull
That's a really nice track Doug!

Soy Sos - I like 1 the most. For some reason it makes me think of post-apocalyptic sci-fi. I can picture a slow rising camera pan of a city in ruins surrounded by wastelands with this playing in the background.

Kent - Cool drone. It makes me think of a group of people humming along to a broken didgeridoo. I've always liked the sound of the wretch...
Robba
Doug, Thats really nice track. I really like the rhythm part in it.

Kent, great tension in that track!
Soy Sos
Wow Jonkull,
I just visualized your description while re-listening to my track.
Perfect!! Hahahaha! lol
sandyb
some listening.

soy sos and dougcl : i also think you're tracks would all work together really well in a cinematic setting. maybe backgrounds for the new tron movie or similar?

kent : awesome! great sounds and it's always nice to hear the wretch doing subtle stuff.

jonkull : that was very pretty. i think it's fun to do things with a single synth sometimes. i quite often do similar with my waldorf microwave.

thanks all for posting Guinness ftw!

sandy
jonkull
Soy Sos wrote:
Wow Jonkull,
I just visualized your description while re-listening to my track.
Perfect!! Hahahaha! lol

It's kind of funny how sound can cause mental imagery. I always 'see' things when I listen to music.
jonkull
sandyb wrote:
jonkull : that was very pretty. i think it's fun to do things with a single synth sometimes.

Thanks Sandy. I went into this weekend with the intent of doing an all Voyager piece but while I was searching through my closet for my camera tripod I found the VL-1 and decided to give that a go instead. When I was a kid I used to spend hours in my room running that Casio through my father's Klemt Echolette into a guitar amplifier. Drove my mother nuts. I think she was happy when the Klemt finally exploded and burst into flames. lol

I forgot how much fun simple things can be.
Mr. Sound Boy King
dougcl wrote:
Hi thanks. Everything I have online is either here
http://www.youtube.com/user/boobtube356
or here
http://share.ovi.com/album/dougcl.sounds
not much of a style I don't think

Thanks! thumbs up
Luka
i just made a new ambient number
http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/tensile
sandyb
that was cool Luka. mellow but a hint of menace in there too twisted

here's a board weevil improvisation i did yesterday.
http://emptynoises.bandcamp.com/track/board-weevil

sandy
Uncopyrightable
I.N.M. + CP-251 + MP-201 = http://share.ovi.com/media/Uncopyrightable.public/Uncopyrightable.1001 9

Recorded one shot, then a little software for delay and other tweaks.
Mr. Sound Boy King
This thread is so great - love the noise, fellas. Here's a contribution: a Machinedrum playing free jazz!

http://www.badnoiseproductions.com/freejazz.mp3

Holler!
jonkull
Here's a droney thing I did last night with my new Wogglebug. I used it for very subtle pitch changes and the chatter-like sound that comes in half way through.

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/saturday-noise
consumed
http://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/minimum3

a simple patch using one oscillator, two filters, one envelope, sample & hold, frequency shifter, some effects and a klee sequencer.
emergencyofstate
cool SlayerBadger! which effects did you use? harware/sofwtare?
consumed
hey thanks--um...after the filter, i split the primary signal out to the bugbrand pt delay -> bandpass filter -> tiptop z5000. all goes through another mixer and into the frequency shifter for slow stereo panning stuff. its fed into a very light treatmeat from an mpx500 and an h3000 dse.

oh i forgot to mention that im using a miniwave for quantizing.

and i made a video of the whole process but i couldnt sync the good audio to the video, so here's the camera mic in its full glory...

synthetic
consumed wrote:

a simple patch using one oscillator, two filters, one envelope, sample & hold, frequency shifter, some effects and a klee sequencer.

Cool, but sounds out of phase from here.
consumed
synthetic wrote:
consumed wrote:

Cool, but sounds out of phase from here.

the patch is running through the FS in stereo, so if you're panned to center on both channels you'll get that out of phaseness. i need to put the FS somewhere else in the patch.
rezzn8r
i really liked this. great job SlayerBadger!
jonkull
Nice track consumed. I should really get those Klee PCBs out of the desk drawer they're stuffed in and do something with them...
emergencyofstate
i wanna klee cry
blungo2
This may be the wrong thread to post this, as this really is noise in the most literal sense. Nonetheless, here is a snippet of the interaction between a squarewave parade pollen and a postcard weevil, for whatever it's worth.

http://soundcloud.com/blungo2/pollen-weevilcut
Scott Stites
Blungo - that was great! I got an image of sitting at the doctors office and hearing those sounds coming out of the room next door. When it was over, I half expected a nurse's voice to call out "Next!".

Nice piece and Video, Consumed! I really like the layout of your Klee - it makes maneuvers like you use around 6:55 doable (I've never seen anybody manipulate the load function like that before).

I actually made some noise this Saturday - it's the first noise I've made in a while, and it is noisy. It felt good to fire up the synth again.

I had a patch set up on the modular some while back that was still there, and I just set up different pot and pattern settings on the Klee, started clocking it and hit "record".

The Klee is controlling four sound sources: A VCO through the transistor 2040 filter, a VCO through the dual Schmitz Late MS-20 filter, a VCO through the Triple Wilson SVVCF, and the DSC2000 which is also routed through the Triple SVVCF. The gate bus is controlling three EGs, each of which is controlling a filter.

I clocked the Klee with an LFO from my quad LFO module. Each LFO on that module has a range switch that will switch between very slow, medium, and audio. A lot of times when I'm poking around with the Klee, I'll use this switch to experiment with the effect different clocking rates have. So, this sample uses very slow, very fast, and audio rate clocking of the Klee. The Klee alone is controlling the pitch of the voices - I vary the timbre of the voices by changing the EG settings, audio rate modulation, and filter resonance settings - the voice going through the Late MS-20 filter particuarly takes advantage of the bizarro resonance that filter produces and, at high resonance, takes over for that voice. The Triple SVVCF has stereo outputs and I modulated it with a slow sine LFO to give a bit of stereo motion

I mostly alter the Klee settings for variation - 8X2/16X1, Bus 1 Load, Merge, and Glide. The Klee has linear glide; at very high settings it sounds a lot like one is cranking the frequency of the VCOs by hand. The control I used a lot in this track is the range switch, and I stumbled across a technique I'm going to have to play a bit more with. Towards the end, when the Klee is being clocked at an audio rate, switching the range around produced what to me was a very cool effect. I think a sequencer into the external range input while clocking the Klee at an audio rate would be a spiffy patch (it would provide a lot more than eight discrete steps).

http://soundcloud.com/scott-stites/klee-free-style-1
blungo2
Good sounds Scott! I really like the alternating between noisier/buzzier sounds and the more bell-like/theremin like sounds. Quit a nice composition!

I really want to build a Klee, but it looks so complicated. I'm worried it'll take me a year to build as school is starting and i will have no time starting tomorrow. very frustrating
zthee
doctorvague
Scott, yer shit is just too good. That was one of my favorites yet I think. Great Saturday post!

I was all ready to post this until I heard recent stuff here - whew - you guys are good!
Ok. Well, a real time improv with the dotcom + MOTM 440 filter + Modcan VCDO + Numerology with plenty of randomness
Trying to put some long notes and space in there sometimes to make Miles proud
Twiddle
Scott Stites
Right back atcha Dr. V! You got some great sounds out of that patch. I really liked those backward sounding envelopes in particular. I dig "Nice Hat", too - saw that one come through on MatrixSynth.

Nice bugginess, Zthee - really crunchy.

Blungo2 - yeah, I'm not sure I'd do a Klee build with school starting; your future transcript should remain free of any Klee influence. lol
parasitk
It's Sunday but I made some fucking noise anyway! I've been exploring the VCS quite a bit lately.

http://soundcloud.com/parasitk/spastic-modular-synth-jam-09-06-09

It's about 30 minutes and unedited.

Cthulhu
DGTom
Love that kitchen disco! Its like Thursday night -> Monday morning squeezed into 4mins30!
zthee
You mean it starts out nice and then all of a sudden it's just mayhem? grin lol screaming goo yo

Thanks!
DGTom
yeahman! Thursday night, all crisp, ready to party at the end of the week, then by late sunday night wondering where the fuck you are & how on earth you got there hihi

musically its like 4 nights of raving on time lapse, with a couple blank spots & a good few moments where everythng is moving at the speed of sound ambulance
zthee
lol hihi Guinness ftw! ambulance

Made another yesterday. I guess it was like saturday on Hawaii when I made it, so it should fit the category! hmmm.....

tragedybysyntax
Finally... I post something for the saturday thread! I'm going to start doing something every week i promise. This is all one pass, mixing on the fly and knob tweaks/pedals. Hope you guys dig it! smile

www.tragedybysyntax.com/Saturday.mp3
felix
Started this patch on Saturday, so it counts, I guess.

Patch was 2x AFGs in a complicated cross/self-FM arrangement with the help of the Harvestman Evin matrix mixer. That was sent to the Frequensteiner with two M10s modulating the Cutoff, one short steady one and one longer sweeping one. The sequence is the 4 gates from the Zorlon Cannon mixed via an A-138c and run through the A-156 quantizer set to Minor scale. The Zorlon's clock out also clocks the two M10s by way of the A-160 divider. I also recorded the clock signal, so it could be used a sync source when I add more parts.

Throughout the piece I play with the Frequensteiner cutoff, the shorter-duration M10's timebase and the output level of the A-138c which effectively changes the range of the notes being played. When turned at the right time, it also creates the quick stair stepping "autotune-like" effect that you will hear in several places.

http://share.ovi.com/media/felixinferious.public/felixinferious.10031
 (long initial fade in)

Sorry if it gets a little boring. The idea is that I will be adding more parts to this, particularly some kind of percussive sounds as well as bass.
Kent
Sounds nice though. Definitely throw the updated versions up here as well as it would be nice to see how it grows.
tragedybysyntax
felix... gorgeous ma brutha! Man I'd love to find a few m10's.... smile
felix
tragedybysyntax wrote:
felix... gorgeous ma brutha! Man I'd love to find a few m10's.... smile

Thank you sir! Yeah I'm looking for a 3rd myself.
jonkull
Very nice both of you! Felix...that had a nice vintage kind of sound to it. I've been considering ditching my euro stuff and going Serge. Your piece made me remember why I bought the Livewire and Plan B modules in the first place.
rezzn8r
wonderfully lush sequence, felix.
felix
Thanks!!

jonkull wrote:
Felix...that had a nice vintage kind of sound to it. I've been considering ditching my euro stuff and going Serge. Your piece made me remember why I bought the Livewire and Plan B modules in the first place.

I think a good deal of the "magic" came from the complicated FM arrangement:

I fed the Sine and Sub Saw outputs of each AFG into the inputs of the Evin and the outs of the Evin (bipolar mode) went into both FM inputs of each AFG (both in Linear mode with the attens at 12 oclock). I then just played around with the Evin until I got something I liked. I then patched Sync between the two AFGs to tame it a little. Sync+FM really makes the AFG "sing" a certain way beyond just normal sync. I'm pretty sure the triangle out was ultimately sent through the Frequensteiner, which of course definitely does have the vibe and it modulates very well...it's not "slow", but it has an interesting response for lack of a better or more accurate description. If I was a little less lazy, I would have hooked up a CV mixer to mix the two M10s and the triangle output from the other AFG, because the Frequenstiener sounds so good when modulated at audio rate.

One thing I forgot about is I do have the Moog MF-104 delay in use on that patch - it definitely adds a lot of vide and I have the MF-102 ring mod, set to a quick tremolo in the feedback loop. You can hear that effect more clearly at the end when the delay repeats are the only thing audible.

There's also some UAD EMT 250 reverb in there which doesn't hurt.

The rhythm of the patch is all Zorlon. I've tried many times to duplicate the rhythms that it outputs with other modules (since the only downside to the Zorlon is that it cannot use external clock) and have yet to succeed - there's something about it that just sounds funky and alive.
rezzn8r
woke up early today
goofing off while the sun came up
modcan and moog (gosh they sound nice together)
http://soundcloud.com/rezzn8r/dawnsong-1
sandyb
some lovely stuff from everybody here recently.
rezzn8r - the moog and modcan do go together well. you're enjoying the new modules you got?

here's some noises from me. just playing about with a pretty standard "bongos" patch and feedback from both modcan digital delay and harvestman tyme sefari. hopefully i'll have some hertz donut noises by next weekend hyper

let's fight and argue over things that have nothing to do with us

sandy
jenamu6
Nice work sandyb.........very ambient
Roycie Roller
Nice stuff guys!
Modcan B= love
rezzn8r
Great track, Sandy. It has a very special, exotic, almost ethnic vibe that I find very engaging.
Yes! the new modules are fantastic, although they have been distracting me from my woggle/doomsday build oops

I've been having a lot of fun using the miniwave to quantize the cv from my ribbon, and wave sequencing the miniwave with the QuadLFO.
The MIDI>CV is super easy to use and opened my modular to Numerology. This is a very good thing, because it has helped control my raging sequencer lust. hyper

Just beginning to scratch the surface of the cvRecorder...so many possibilities...
And the Boolean has me excited about the DIV/SW again, too screaming goo yo
sandyb
thanks for the positive comments
Guinness ftw!
dougcl
Here's some great Hertz Donut samples! Just kidding, I was going to pull that on you guys using the M10 and VCO-6, but decided it would be too cruel. Instead here is a little experiment using the VCS to derive a smooth cv signal from an existing drum sequence. The VCS output is going to the slaved OSC2 of the VCO-2RM. The cool tabla sound is the marvelous A-117 ring modded with the wonderful A-143-3 going to the great QMMG, which is being modulated by the controversial M10. The output of the M10 is being modulated using the VCA-4MX and PH-4.
jonkull
Here's something I did last night.

My first experiment with the Hertz Donut. Recorded in 1 take. (single) Herz Donut, Triple Wavefolder, Wogglebug, Noisering, M10. Volume/pan automation and effects added in Logic. That Subotnik Sidewinder-ish clicking sound is the result of the Bad tracking setting on the Hertz with some delay. No LPGs.

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/hertzzz

I'll give everyone else a listen in a bit.
elsuturo
jonkull wrote:

My first experiment with the Hertz Donut. Recorded in 1 take. (single) Herz Donut, Triple Wavefolder, Wogglebug, Noisering, M10. Volume/pan automation and effects added in Logic. That Subotnik Sidewinder-ish clicking sound is the result of the Bad tracking setting on the Hertz with some delay. No LPGs.

this is beautiful!
already listened about 10 times
how important is that triple wavefolder in this sound? i never thought i wanted one before.. the rest is already on the want-list ;-)
jonkull
elsuturo wrote:
jonkull wrote:

this is beautiful!
already listened about 10 times
how important is that triple wavefolder in this sound? i never thought i wanted one before.. the rest is already on the want-list ;-)

Thanks for the compliment.

It's really hard to say without listening to the patch without it. Just from looking at the oscilloscope it was really mangling the two waveforms that were running through it.

I will say this though... When I bought the Triple Wavefolder I wasn't sure how useful it would be and figured I'd probably end up selling it. Since I've had it I've ended up using it in most of my patches. I think it's a good module for adding a bit of variation and movement to long sustained droning notes.
MrDys
felix wrote:

Patch was 2x AFGs in a complicated cross/self-FM arrangement with the help of the Harvestman Evin matrix mixer. That was sent to the Frequensteiner with two M10s modulating the Cutoff, one short steady one and one longer sweeping one. The sequence is the 4 gates from the Zorlon Cannon mixed via an A-138c and run through the A-156 quantizer set to Minor scale. The Zorlon's clock out also clocks the two M10s by way of the A-160 divider. I also recorded the clock signal, so it could be used a sync source when I add more parts.

Throughout the piece I play with the Frequensteiner cutoff, the shorter-duration M10's timebase and the output level of the A-138c which effectively changes the range of the notes being played. When turned at the right time, it also creates the quick stair stepping "autotune-like" effect that you will hear in several places.

(long initial fade in)

Sorry if it gets a little boring. The idea is that I will be adding more parts to this, particularly some kind of percussive sounds as well as bass.

I like this a lot.
felix
MrDys wrote:
felix wrote:

(long initial fade in)

I like this a lot.

Thank you very much!
.mark
My first Saturday contribution, since getting the QMMG this is the first patch I've done where I think I've started to 'get' it and see how much potential it has.

http://soundcloud.com/mark-6/saturday-10-57
dougcl
Is the audio the QMMG alone? In any case it's nice.
.mark
Thanks, the audio is a FM'd AFG and both halves of the donut through the QMMG.
synthetic
Some Saturday noises, just dorking around:

http://www.jefflaity.com/MOTM/syn_funkynutz.mp3
MOTM/Super Jupiter/Audio Damage plugs

http://www.jefflaity.com/MOTM/syn_industrash.mp3
MOTM/AD plugs

Drums from samples (iDrum)
mono-poly
w00t http://mono-poly.blogspot.com/2009/09/mono-poly-shock-by-mono-poly.htm l
dougcl
A friend came by and patched this today on my system.
mono-poly
Nice one Doug!
Luka
quick machinedrum-101-ion jam
slow dubstep-esq rhythm

http://soundcloud.com/prblmchild/d777amd-1
Robba
http://soundcloud.com/robba/flow-10

After a nice and very strong beer... Playing with 606 and modular and making some techno. I dont know how the final mix is. My baby girl is asleep and I couldnt play over my monitors. Things might be a bit dull.
emergencyofstate
Nice! Checking it out now.

Keeping on the same theme of drum machines with modulars, here's some Saturday noise from me with my Roland R8 w/ and euro-frac set up.

http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/sound-test-triple-wave-folding- beats
http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/triple-wave-folding-ii
bar|none
My Saturday morning contribution here
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8477&highlight=
Robba
emergencyofstate wrote:
Nice! Checking it out now.

Keeping on the same theme of drum machines with modulars, here's some Saturday noise from me with my Roland R8 w/ and euro-frac set up.

http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/sound-test-triple-wave-folding- beats
http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/triple-wave-folding-ii

Nice very modest screams! The modesty gives it a good feel of tension!
emergencyofstate
Robba wrote:

Thank ya Mr. Green Just listened to yours. nice and dartaaaaay. Dang..how hard is your 606 driven before the QMMG? The Chewbacca Defense
MrDys
Keeping with the drum machine thing, here's a drum machine jam I did while I was testing out my new mixer and boss slicer pedal: here you go
dougcl
More AUTOMATIC DRONE MACHINE

I don't think I can bring myself to tear down this patch. smile
elsuturo
dougcl wrote:
More AUTOMATIC DRONE MACHINE

I don't think I can bring myself to tear down this patch. smile

wow! twisted
bar|none
@dougcl

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo Nice one.
Robba
emergencyofstate wrote:
Robba wrote:

Thank ya Mr. Green Just listened to yours. nice and dartaaaaay. Dang..how hard is your 606 driven before the QMMG? The Chewbacca Defense

Thanks!
To be honest the 606 is only driven by the a120 filter. QMMG is used fo the lead sound
jonkull
Wow...no Saturday Noise since Oct. 3rd

Did this last night:

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/drone-6

Drums/samples added in Logic.
worker8
2 SH-101 takes.

Sometimes playing out of tune. Dead Banana Sorry.
don h
Here's one that's about a year old, it was a mixing class assignment, the original material, a Nashville CCM standard pop song was beyond me.
I cut splice edited some To Live and Shave in LA tracks and kept just a bit of the original vocal:
http://share.ovi.com/media/donh.labor/donh.10066
mono-poly
http://mono-poly.blogspot.com/2009/11/mono-poly-fuck-you-by-mono-poly. html

f u
mono-poly
don h wrote:
Here's one that's about a year old, it was a mixing class assignment, the original material, a Nashville CCM standard pop song was beyond me.
I cut splice edited some To Live and Shave in LA tracks and kept just a bit of the original vocal:
http://share.ovi.com/media/donh.labor/donh.10066

screaming goo yo fuck!
jonkull
Posted already in a different thread but what the hell...it was done on Saturday.

http://recoilsun.bandcamp.com/track/halloween-drone
rezzn8r
Bump!
burntime BOOM! Flamey
jonkull
Yeah, this thread is kind of dead, huh?

That's a fun, upbeat sounding track.

I won't be making any noise this week because my in-laws are camping in my studio until next Saturday. :(
dougcl
Here's some noise made just now
jonkull
Cool! Sounds like a robot cat being tortured. Is that the PLL?
dougcl
Thanks! 259e, actually 8_)

Here's another...
sandyb
nice track rezzn8r - mellow sounding.

dougcl - interesting sounds. pictures of your new toy please smile
dougcl
Thanks sandy. It's doing most of the work here. I feel like I'm all thumbs.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2729/4105423016_a18cac013e.jpg
sandyb
woah
very nice doug. the buchla sequencer intrigues me greatly - how have you found it?

sandy
dougcl
sandyb wrote:
woah
very nice doug. the buchla sequencer intrigues me greatly - how have you found it?

sandy

Extremely easy to learn and use. I'm thinking though that maybe this system "needs" two. I'm really used to working with two independent sequencers, and the 200e has a lot (almost all) of it's cv functionality wrapped up in them.
Roycie Roller
dougcl wrote:
Here's some noise made just now

Love this one
jonkull
dougcl wrote:

Man am I jealous. razz

I'm actually contemplating some purchases myself between now and March though I'll be starting a separate thread for that.
rezzn8r
jonkull wrote:
dougcl wrote:

Man am I jealous. razz

lol lol lol
me, too! great system. very complex sounds. thanks dougcl, those are cool.
dougcl
Thanks guys. 200e makes it easy. Feels like cheating, really.
consumed
http://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/no-light-at-the-end

707, 606, machinedrum, evolver, and FM patch with an m15 and lpg.
mono-poly
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mby82s
cbm
dougcl wrote:
Thanks guys. 200e makes it easy. Feels like cheating, really.

Ahem. That's supposed to be a secret. Didn't they make you swear to that when they taught you the secret handshake?
sandyb
consumed - pretty slick! some nice little sounds in there. was it all one take or did you multi-track it?

mono-poly - cool percussion noises. which of your many nice toys got used for this one?
zthee
http://thehumancomparator.net/music/Coriander%20Pulsar.mp3

Made that yesterday. Or if it was friday. Can't remember... smile
rezzn8r
now that's what I'm talkin' about. weekend wigglers with awsome aural action. Rockin' Banana! nanners Rockin' Banana!

consumed wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/no-light-at-the-end

707, 606, machinedrum, evolver, and FM patch with an m15 and lpg.

the random spacebells sound great!Dalek

mono-poly wrote:

love the percussive quality SlayerBadger! , but the add-ridden download site, not so much seriously, i just don't get it

zthee wrote:
http://thehumancomparator.net/music/Coriander%20Pulsar.mp3

Made that yesterday. Or if it was friday. Can't remember...

fucking love this! soundtrack to my underwater-davidlynch-sonic-nightmare-daydream!! SlayerBadger!
Babaluma
if you haven't seen its own thread, here is track that i completed from start to finish from friday to sunday, under the influence of influenza, probably about 8 hours total:

http://darkflame.hermetech.net/Musick/Babaluma-TheNatureOfMagickTelepa thyMix.wav
consumed
sandyb wrote:
consumed - pretty slick! some nice little sounds in there. was it all one take or did you multi-track it?

hey thanks sandy! it was just a single pass
except taking the liberty to reverse a little segment as cheapo transitional element
mono-poly
rezzn8r wrote:

mono-poly wrote:

love the percussive quality SlayerBadger! , but the add-ridden download site, not so much seriously, i just don't get it

Thx for the comment but please do not complain when you get a tune for free.
rezzn8r
Another binaryzone + miniwave experiment.
http://soundcloud.com/rezzn8r/nov28-09

btw, sry mono, no offence intended. Chugging Beers
mono-poly wrote:
Thx for the comment but please do not complain when you get a tune for free.
goiks
warning: reverb and delay

http://soundcloud.com/goiks/100522am

i should be in my shop making cases.
jonkull
goiks wrote:

Nice track. You're making me miss my Donuts...and my Maths...and my Klee. hihi
blungo2
goiks wrote:

Great track! applause

goiks wrote:
The MSN Smack!
numan7
goddamit - i'm gonna have to set up a soundcloud account and maybe switch to google phone (does droid do soundcloud?)...

anyways, I'm starting my next video project tonight, which I plan to have up by June 6. once my soundcloud is set up, i'll post some audio snapshots here on this most excellent thread thumbs up
consumed
a little 5pulser and resonant lpg

http://angelzero.com/open/5pulser-and-resonant-lowpass-gate/
consumed
the outsider

http://angelzero.com/open/the-outsider/
parasitk
Nice sounds, consumed! screaming goo yo

Oh hey it's Saturday and I made some fucking noise, weird.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18994
Robba
Ok, it was not made on saturday but sunday, well, its noise...

http://soundcloud.com/robba/random-modulated-shit-edit-1-export-1-trac k-5-render-2
numan7
well it's saturday afternoon in the far western usa,,, anyone got some noise to share???

i'll have some in a bit - maybe an hour or 2 - it will be the final installment of my brains-powerpoints demos. and what more appropriate place to post it could there be than here?!!

anyways, let's make some fucking noise!!!!!!!

hyper,
n7
numan7

Rockin' Banana!,
n7
Oldstench
Here's 10 minutes of one noise! w00t

http://soundcloud.com/balkan-retreat/droneandonandon
Chuck E. Jesus
messing with a Rhythm Ace into Doepfer PLL and a bit of BBD...
tIB
todays noise... http://soundcloud.com/tib/interpret

a reworking of a patch I was setting up last week, pictured here:

eurorack, elektrons, tama and adrenalinn
Entrainer
It's Saturday...
I made some noise.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jum88dwwwbxfjp7/lpgfunk2.mp3
qu.one
me too...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1994658/Hello_Saturday.mp3
consumed
nice! SlayerBadger!

i made a little noise as well-

http://angelzero.com/open/making-machinedrum-play-with-modular/
nuttymad
qu.one wrote:
me too...

This is bad ass! What am I listening to exactly?
qu.one
nuttymad wrote:
qu.one wrote:
me too...

This is bad ass! What am I listening to exactly?

Thank you sir! I have been getting back into Logic - this is all done inside the laptop. 4 Reaktors, Battery, Kontakt and the ES2. 3 of the 4 Reaktor instances are sequenced in their respective ensembles and the rest done in regions. Each track has automated parameters.

A grab:

consumed
Kent
Nice as usual, consumed.
nrdvrgr
[s]http://soundcloud.com/nrdvrgr/experiment-19-2011-05-14[/s]
numan7
Here's some noise I made yesterday (audio *and* video noise, that is... hihi) -

cheers,
n7
zerosum
Super tiny patch, Mega inspiring sound.
One of those, "Before I go to sleep I should record something!" moments.

MachineDrum processed by Agonizer for the first two, then by the Miniwave for the last one.
Mobius is slaved to MachineDrum.
Mobius triggering two MOTM 800 EG's, and sequencing one Q106.

Q106 Pulse out to Q108,
one MOTM 800 is modulating the Q108,
The other is modulating the Linear FM amount.
Sine from MOTM 380 modulating pulse width.

All fed to the mixer then to a Mangler for delay.

Burgundy Icicles Theme 1
Theme 2
Theme 3
rico loverde
fucking sick!!!! nice job!!!!
consumed
zerosum wrote:
Burgundy Icicles Theme 1
Theme 2
Theme 3

i like those heavy drums that come in the middle of part 2!
m0rb1d
zerosum wrote:
Super tiny patch, Mega inspiring sound.
One of those, "Before I go to sleep I should record something!" moments.

MachineDrum processed by Agonizer for the first two, then by the Miniwave for the last one.
Mobius is slaved to MachineDrum.
Mobius triggering two MOTM 800 EG's, and sequencing one Q106.

Q106 Pulse out to Q108,
one MOTM 800 is modulating the Q108,
The other is modulating the Linear FM amount.
Sine from MOTM 380 modulating pulse width.

All fed to the mixer then to a Mangler for delay.

Burgundy Icicles Theme 1
Theme 2
Theme 3

wow sick ass drums! SlayerBadger!
zerosum
Thanks listeners 8_)

Quote:
i like those heavy drums that come in the middle of part 2!

I loaded some (very old recordings of)live drum loops I made into the MachineDrum then tried to wrangle them into the groove on the fly,
I like how the Machine mangles samples, I wish I could load more(Oh yeah, that is what the Octatrack is for eek! hihi )
numan7
computer controlled made some fine, fine Saturday Noise
over here... !

cheers,
7n7

ps i got some pretty good saturday noise on the way myself; but it won't be done rendering 'til sunday i'm afraid... (hides)
jabeoo1
[s]http://soundcloud.com/megalopolitan001/monoprotic[/s]

Some sounds for a Saturday
zerosum
We start out the night like this:

Modcan 62b being sequenced by Binary Zone inverted out which is quantized by miniwave.
Miniwave bank CV is modulated by Binary Zone.
Machinedrum is master clock.
62b wave blend CV modulated by 07b sample n hold,
62b detune modulated by MOTM 380 LFO,
62b outputs A&B ran into 07b rind mod,
ringmod amount modulated by 61b LFO.

Ringmod out ran into R54,
R54 ran into Blacet Quadmix,
MOTM 800 EG modulating R54 filter frequency,
BananaloSerge VCS modulating Quadmix VCA

psychadelic midnight snack
Battle against the Sentinel!!!

Then we end of the night with some relaxing Zer03 Wretch droning

screaming goo yo
Kent
Very nice track, Jabeoo1.
shred
[s]http://soundcloud.com/shredderghost/hd-vs-jh[/s]
Kent
[s]http://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/buchla-emx[/s]

This is a more fun version of what I posted on Soundcloud last night. I've discovered a weird problem effecting the 225e when switching presets on the Preset Manager. MIDI clock synch is lost on the Controller Busses. I'll pursue this here on the Muff Wiggler forum.
Below, I've posted what I typed last night as it mostly the same.
==
Exploitation of Ableton Live providing MIDI Clock to Korg's EMX-1 which then provides timing and sequences to a Buchla 200e.
Also, this served as a basis for creating a preset which allows for all 3 of my Principal oscillators to be in tune with each other. In this track we hear a 261e driven over MIDI Bus A. Another 261e is driven via the 250e sequencer via Control Voltage. The 250e is set to 'quantized' mode on all steps &amp; a 259e oscillator is driven by the 250e.
This experiment shows that everything can be synchronized nicely (thus far) with these tools. Ableton providing the Master MIDI Clock, the Korg EMX-1 providing the drums and 2 sequences, plus providing 'pulses' via the 225e MIDI to CV convertor in order to drive the 250e sequencer. All is synchronized and all is in tune and the preset is now saved. I'll now have to create a preset 'in the other direction' with the oscillators cranked up to their highest frequencies and the CV attenuator rolled toward the left instead of almost fully open.
My next task is to integrate a Moog Voyager and Genoqs Octopus into this mix.
amnesia
ahh what the hell :-)
shred
amnesia wrote:
ahh what the hell :-)

SlayerBadger! sounds awesome!
shred
bug noises
[s]http://soundcloud.com/shredderghost/improv-5-clicks[/s]

this is all I did today besides sleep and eat Dead Banana :
Cheradenine
Love the bug noises, sounds like some metal-eating termites chewing in rythm.
And your saturday looks like mine : sleeping, eating, and making some weird noise, all that in random order screaming goo yo
kindredlost
Two patches and pieces in one day/night.

Both live on the modular synth.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/david-ryle/esp[/s]
drwiener
kindredlost wrote:

ilike rachmooninofff quite a bit!
drwiener
goiks wrote:

wow - awesome -
and possible the best recording I have yet heard with the internal mic???
can I ask how that happened?
kindredlost
Modular with a track of TX816 epiano. Loads of overdrive via cheap compressors, limiters and a Maxon OD-9 overdrive on the TX816. The modular background sounds consist of 5 channels of voices from CGS01's and plenty of FX from Strymon, Lexicon and TC Electronics. A new J Haible Tau Pipe Phaser module weaves it's way into the mix on a voice from the modular.

Recorded live in one take and some bit crushing, flanging and volume chopping were added. The distortion is purposeful and I feel silly for even pointing that out. It is what I was aiming for but came up short in a few places.

KILLSWITCH
[s]http://soundcloud.com/david-ryle/killswitch[/s]
cv slime 800
Please play loud hyper
[s]http://soundcloud.com/cv-slime-800/sjlreerlj[/s]
cv slime 800
[s]http://soundcloud.com/cv-slime-800/definitely-back-alive[/s]

I don't know what the hell it is but it's definitely alive again.
AKMacAddict
kindredlost wrote:

Very nice! Glad I poked around Muff's and found this old thread.
Kent
Whenever shit gets goofy on this forum, I like to resurrect this thread in order to remind us (or maybe it's just me) as to what is really important.

It's Mutha-Fukkin'-Saturday up in this piece. Go get in front of your systems and post some music by Sunday.

Rock the fuck out. I will. SlayerBadger!

Old School Wigglers, you know who you are. It's time to get busy.
Kent
Well, I recorded two things but my camera battery died on the Buchla 200e track.

Here is a quick one on my freshly acquired Buchla Thunder MIDI controller.

YouTube blurb:

A quick play on a Buchla Thunder MIDI controller that I purchased earlier and then serviced and calibrated over the weekend. It only took a fun day with the Owner's Manual and a trip to the electronics store for some batteries (BR2325 for the Thunder and a CR2032 [with solder terminals] for the Thunder's Memory Cartridge) in order to learn about 85% of the unit. I will dive into other aspects of it during the week. It is quite powerful.

The operating system is very easy to understand for the most part. It is well designed and written. If you are comfortable with a MachineDrum, then you'll know what I mean.
Umcorps
Buggeration.

I'd completely forgotten than Buchla made these. That looks like a seriously good controller. Fanning the flames of GAS lust and then some.
Kent
Yeah, it is pretty awesome. But then again, I'm in the honeymoon phase.
consumed
nice thread revival 8_)
never seen a thunder in action, neat
looks like fun
Umcorps
Kent wrote:
Yeah, it is pretty awesome. But then again, I'm in the honeymoon phase.

Ok. When you get to the "on the verge of an acrimonious divorce" stage, let me know. I'll be there for both of you. thumbs up
Kent
You really are a darling, aren't you?

===

Um, post your noises, fellas!

I see that UMCorps posted something here with that sexy Nord Drum 2.
Kent
consumed wrote:
nice thread revival 8_)
never seen a thunder in action, neat
looks like fun

It's a total blast to play Buchla 222e !!!!!1!!

This device is really turning out to be one of those things that I had high hopes for and not only did it deliver, but it still has many undiscovered tricks up its sleeve.
Kent
Weekend Wigglers, Dystopian Disco Dancers, Modular Mental (9u or more) Cases, Skinny Ass Shakers, 5U Freaks & Hair Club for Men, 4U Fornicaters & Financièrs, 3U Pokemon Module Collectors that you don't even use, Banana Booty Boogie & Mult Shunners and you last two guys in Frac Rack who await the Renaissance,

The weekend looms before you!

Sunday awaits the posting of your awesome fucking jams in this very thread!

The forum is fucking fixed, Open Tape is working (holy fucking shit!) and öddbäll Ünicödé Fückïng Chàrâctèrs are back in the house! Let's celebrate by posting your Saturday jams at some point during the weekend, shall we? Yes, we shall.

Videos, MP3s, High-Res DSD, no one gives a shit. Just post 'em!

See you on Saturday! Don't show up empty-handed. This party is Bring Your Own Boogie. Ponytails optional. Compositional and Patch Notes highly appreciated.

nanners
dan_p
^ fuck yeah! I'm on it, Saturday noise session awaits. SlayerBadger! i'm gonna make a proppa row, no notes no beats just noise.

God bless you wigglers everywhere

screaming goo yo w00t MY ASS IS BLEEDING nanners
weinglas
^Kent, Dan: It is an honor for me to join you and deliver some ugly noises till Sunday nanners

To say it with the lyrics of a band, that has nothing to do with synths and drum machines: hihi
"Brothers everywhere - raise your hands into the air
We're wigglers, wigglers of the world"
Rockin' Banana!
chamomileshark
Here's one from a week or so ago, "Protozoa".

Unedited -(it needs it). Several passes through a Wiard 300 series set of related patches, basic linear FM to a low pass gate with stereo panning.

Everything is in step as I used a midi clock to the Wiard and then used one of the envelators as a frequency divider - tweaked that by hand as the patch ran. Also tweaked a sequantiser for the pitch.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188457839" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="300" iframe="true" /]
BHC303
Yeah baby! Sure I will have some bad patching to share woo SlayerBadger!
tIB
I came in your ears too early...

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=622417814 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]

A combination of Kent and snow prompted a little release...

Bugbrand and Buchla to varying degrees (one track cheats and has an xpander, LD2 and MDUW on it too, otherwise it's pure modular). Lots of cross patching between the two systems, the patch in the pic below formed the basis of 3 of these I think...

So yeah, somewhere between tracks and jams, with some bonus drone action thrown in for those that go the distance. I've also added the set to my muffwiggler page, where you can grab the mp3 if you so wish. Flacs can be had from my bandcamp...

https://therapyinterferingbehaviour.bandcamp.com/album/is-ttmsfn
https://tib.muffwiggler.com
chamomileshark
nice! no snow down here smile
tIB
Loads up here, over a foot which came in two downpours... another on the way. Bonus couple of days working from home- I managed a seven track album in between the work!
b3nsf
[s]http://soundcloud.com/b3nsf/latrondex-stingrays-scanners[/s]

tr-808 drums, serge bass, tb-303 verby sounds, waldorf microwave xt floaty pads, spectrum effects grip for bug sounds...
b3nsf
why does it keep logging me out when I try to post
chamomileshark
Eleven sines. Which is, er, Eleven Sines. Simple tremelo sine recorded running through a Wiard Omni filter which provide the spatial effects and shifts.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188634395" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Fnord

Potato iPad quality. Nothing but digital.
BHC303
b3nsf wrote:
why does it keep logging me out when I try to post

I am experiencing this to?

EDIT: working now... Nice track to by the way!
BHC303
Here's my contribution to the madness zombie

Buchla 200e track with Moog delay, Chugging dubby noise.

Muffwigglers back yew!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/blipblipps/muffwigglers-back[/s]
Hainbach
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188822495" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
My addition to this thread:

an overheard conversation between a E350 and a Piston Honda, recorded mono through a Minifooger Delay into a Marantz PMD tape recorder.
weinglas
@all: Great tracks everybody we're not worthy

@Kent: That was a fantastic idea! SlayerBadger!

And for this reason I posted my first track on soundcloud since about seven months. So back to tubes, here are noises from my wretch:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/weinglas/the-wretch[/s]
phisynth
here's my little contribution

Modcan 62A is the only oscillator used in the patch. Heavy use of the BugBrand crossover filter, filtering the DRM1/X

dan_p
d'oh! I built the patch late afternoon, sounded good, sweet, right leave everything on and record it later. later is much later, been too busy (and I might of fallen asleep on the sofa) Hit record and got my Freak on, OK, not the best take but noisy as fuck and plenty of it, awesome, lets listen back. Oh shit, I had monitor and not record selected on the track........

sad banana

I'l try again tonight.

Look forward to listening to everyones sounds.
Umcorps
This Saturday I was still working with a setup from earlier in the week and hadn't got to the tear it down stage, so what I recorded doesn't count as a noise track. But, hey.

tIB
Robot cowboy film score, like it!
Tobor
Bewchla and Vox action in psychedelic acid test

tIB
Moar!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188936097" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

EDIT: reloading the second one- first time Ive used soundcloud but it didn't manage!
tIB
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188936814" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Both mainly bugbrand, some deformer and MDUW floating around too.
Oxix52
This is a quick noisy patch. The Eardrill Pendulum/Ratchet is driving the pulses. The drip sounds are from channel B of the 291e being pinged by the tick from the P/R(via my banana-tinijax adapter) with the bandwidth all the way up. The frequency of this channel is being swept around by a random voltage from channel B of the 266e. This is also panning the 259e around which is going in to channel A of the 291e with its 8 stages being cv controlled by channel A of the 266e. Both channels A and B of the 291e are being frequency modulated by the dual oscillator 158. The attach and decay of the 281e that is controlling stage A of the 292e, which the 259 is going through, are being controlled by stages E and F of the 266e. The 261e is going through the 285e BM section. The internal frequency of the 285e BM is being controlled by stage D of the 266e.

Cybananna
Since I put yesterday's track in the wrong place, here's one for today.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188982828" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

and the one from yesterday since I'm a dumbass.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/188890165" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
zerosum
Oh no Saturday is over! woah
So here is the skeletal outline that will hopefully get fixed and finished later:
Clicky here

Maybe next Saturday will be full of modular spaghetti!!!!
kindredlost
It's still Saturn's Day in Texas...

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/190003699" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Notes;

"Another rendering of the great ikjoyce patch idea called "Cosmic Address Patch" for modular synthesizer.
Recorded in a single stereo pass to Cubase.
The modular synthesizer is running freely with minimal intervention on my part. I just mixed and adjusted a filter center frequency on the bass line. All other is the patch itself generating the music.
I did patch up a noise sound for the thunder and wind effect. It too is self-running."
dan_p
d'oh! I lunched out last Saturday and then actually did record something this Saturday but forgot about this thread and posted it in the Buchla forum.

So here it is, a week and a day late!! SlayerBadger!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/190019943" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Umcorps
I have finally, FINALLY, got a new PSU for my main case.

*Happy drone*

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/195828273" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

http://soundcloud.com/umcorps/dear-diary-20150314-power-restored
Cheradenine
Recorded yesterday :

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cheradenine-2/black-iii[/s]

Self-running patch with the black DIY modular, Catalinbread Echorec & Malekko Chicklet.
thx2112
This is becoming my new favourite thread.
gobobog
Bringing back the Saturday noise!

I've been messing with this patch all week. I'm playing with the Pitts Oscillators a lot, which drive a lot of the (a)rhythmic elements.

5 min cut from a 30 min jam.

Lots of cross modulation among these modules: Bi-N-Tic Filter, E340 Cloud Generator, 2 Pittsburgh Modular Oscillators (one driving the RCD Clock, which in turn clocks a PEG, which in turn clocks the Echophon), Toppo Multifilter, Wavolver II, among other things.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/gobobog/saturday-noise-26sep2015[/s]
PhatKat
I present Shartenbassen, a track full of wet, liquidy fart bass

[s]https://soundcloud.com/phhatat/shartenbassen[/s]
consumed
octatrack with a couple modular voices
just having fun flying the aux outs into the delays and flippin the crossfader

[s]https://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/one-note-clip[/s]
rhythmdial
hells yeah good wiggling in here!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/rhythmdial/rhythmdial-303kitinputs[/s]
dbernhardt

Inspired at the Electronica fest on Saturday at the National Electronics Museum in Linthicum, MD.
ElectricCreep
rhythmdial
working the two newest vintage finds in the setup, excellent tasty bits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEaj0o80HQ4

[s]http://soundcloud.com/rhythmdial/rhythmdial-oppositeelectrician[/s]
rhythmdial
Saturday make some fucking noise sessions can start at midnight right?
because I was squeezing modular/hardware combo loops thru the su700 all night

[s]https://soundcloud.com/rhythmdial/rhythmdial-sogood-trial-run[/s]
aeonblack
Here is my first track using a modular, ever. The main lead riff (that the track opens and closes with) is the modular part. Braids/Ripples/Streams/Verbtronic. Drums are all from the Vermona DRM-1, bass is DSI Pro2 and the bit that comes in in the middle is Modal 002.

I didn't do a whole lot of wiggling on the dials during recording, but I played around with 3 sequences and doing 1/4 and 1/8 loops (so much fun!) on the Beatstep Pro.

All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out, and it has convinced me that I made no mistakes getting into modular!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/238319452" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
SeatedFigure
Still learning, A long jam in which I tried to get as much as possible from my small rack

[s]https://soundcloud.com/pouyaehsaei/rocrast-31[/s]
mirf59
SeatedFigure wrote:
Still learning, A long jam in which I tried to get as much as possible from my small rack

[s]https://soundcloud.com/pouyaehsaei/rocrast-31[/s]

I like this a lot. Some great sounds in there.
mirf59
rhythmdial wrote:

Pretty badass.
rhythmdial
mirf59 wrote:
rhythmdial wrote:

Pretty badass.
thanks mirf59 !
I'm in love with that Synsonics, always a spot in any tune for at least one of its drum voices if not 2 or 3
SeatedFigure
mirf59 wrote:

I like this a lot. Some great sounds in there.

Thanks mate. Guinness ftw!
rhythmdial
techno session 4x4 stomping

rhythmdial
another.

brandonlogic
a synth meet recording from last Saturday, 4 of us with euro modulars, common clock multed to all of them, improv recording, edited down to 12 min from an hour and a half recording. really happy with how this one turned out!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/245907887" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
rhythmdial
got a DX from CL and turned out to be a fellow I knew already.
SO HAPPY and it plays well with the SQ1 and DrumDokta2 sync wise

here is the first session -

[s]https://soundcloud.com/rhythmdial/rhythmdial-insidesteps[/s]
aeonblack
A saturday well spent.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255338094" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
rhythmdial
may not be Saturday but the Regelwerk is here and I wait for no day!
do work!

leesparey
Bit of midweek noodling with the legendary Lester Barnes

LBLS Spring Jam

[s]https://soundcloud.com/lee-sparey/lbls-spring-jam[/s]
rhythmdial
Got the acid8 little machine into my workflow a-ok. sync clock out to the drumdokta which also triggers out to the tiptop bd909. acid8 midi to the mks-7 for its bass synth and midi thru to the soundcanvas half rack rompler for its digital synth that is run thru the mutable ripples filter to have some filter wiggling available. synthrotek dirt filter self resonating into acid sirens thru fx towards the end of the tune. 3 shades of acid from the single acid8 sequence shortened to 14 notes.

this ended up being some good home cooked acid electro

[s]https://soundcloud.com/rhythmdial/rhythmdial-menageacidtrois[/s]
g0lem
Been toying with this for a bit over a week. Finally came together today.
[s]http://soundcloud.com/catenary/through-birds-through-fire-but-not-t hrough-glass[/s]
g0lem
Now with a working embedded link:

rhythmdial
faster working environment twisted

rhythmdial
more things into your ear

TomzNotJerry
https://vimeo.com/195070065

First time using my modular. Techno I gues!?
andriesvds
some noisy shit.

dbernhardt58
Getting back into it.

Drum sound doesn't come across too well on the iMac speaker. Liked it on the phone & headphones. Oh well, your mileage may vary.

JJCS88
Here is something I put together the other weekend.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/f-ix/marmalade[/s]

Enjoy!
arcanius
here is an extract from last night:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/316208697" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

hope you like it thumbs up
musicalfungus
Some Saturday goodness.... Enjoy my fellow wigglers!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/musicalfungus/happy-little-patch[/s]
Shledge

My Saturday efforts cool
Bjarlstedt
I know it's not saturday today, but this was recorded on one..

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/330084010" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
noisejockey
Finally managed a Saturday session, with fixed architecture synths for a change. Details in YouTube description.

Bjarlstedt
A short beat based sorta tune for this fine Saturday:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/336309682" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
arcanius
here is another extract from me...

[s]https://soundcloud.com/rg-rg/0001-modular-extract-00003-spn-z-1[/s]

Guinness ftw!
automat
Here is my first ever modular jam, recorded/uploaded to YT Saturday a week ago. Enjoy!

automat
… and now also on soundcloud

[s]http://soundcloud.com/user-745309372/we-chose-to-go-to-the-moon[/s]
jhoski
oli303
A saturday live video of some modular beats and acid sounds...
My first try-out with my new Beatstep Pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2tAE4-32s
Synnic
Here's my Saturday noise-making....

Haven't I Seen You in 8-bit Land?
consumed
some weekend dubby dreamy fun beats
finally got the x0x working after years of neglect =)

[s]https://soundcloud.com/iamconsumed/beautomatic-blossom [/s]
kamielsd
maybe my first somewhat serious jam with the bitwig2/vcvcrack tandem would be on its place here...
[s]https://soundcloud.com/min1isplus/aanlopend-gruis[/s]
Chozal
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-642706971/elementsq11[/s]

sq1, elements

at some point I use the kastle's faux rungler in the FM in

it's nonsense, but fun. Just started out in eurorack, and Elements is giving me all the feedbacky noise and screeches that I wanted grin
kamielsd
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-118427860/28042018a[/s]
rhythmdial
LOVE the Eowave Domino sequenced buy my ORB!
Run thru a BX-80 mixer for added crunch, it gets gnarly with the 9090 drums in the BX-80 also.
DrumDokta2, Talko and VolcaFM in the tune, plus some TR-707 drums from my modded TR-626 twisted

Left this patched to record again but will definitely edit a solid tune out of this video session!

https://youtu.be/-JaDnUPBPmU
synthblah123
This is my first post here on MW, so feel free to yell at me if this is the wrong place to post this.

Back to the music - I recently picked up a Disting mk4 for my small modular skiff and wanted to give the Wavetable VCO a try, so I recorded this quick, corny, arpeggiated improvisation with my QuNexus and Pico DSP that I figured I could share:

Half tech demo, half little musical piece - hope you all enjoy despite my sloppy keyboarding as well! smile
cg_funk
Just sharing some modular experimentation this weekend.

Messing around with Just Friends and the BIA.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/mod_gene/mo_jungl3[/s]

My buddy threw some metal guitar down on top.
[s]https://soundcloud.com/mod_gene/mo_jungl3-steve-evil-remix[/s]
Shledge
A sketch based on an idea I had for a while - may or may not go anywhere

[s]https://soundcloud.com/shledge2/spicy-shirts[/s]
Kent
Many cool sketches and tracks going up. Thanks, guys!
CSCD
So I took the thread title literally and made some relatively harsh noise in a single-take live jam. Not exactly my thing, but fun to do every once in a while!

Make Noise 0-Coast -> EQD Acapulco Gold -> Red Panda Tensor -> Shift Line Termofuzz -> EQD White Light -> a bit of reverb in the DAW.

https://hearthis.at/2159413/
Shledge
Messed with Braid's meta mode, added loads of modulation sources and drums, dash of polivoks filter, little bit of waveshaping and all then fed into clouds.

Kind of got carried away in areas lol

[s]https://soundcloud.com/shledge/guinea-pigs[/s]
goldkalb
So much cool stuff to listen to in this thread!
ok, i dare to post an improvisation, recorded today. just playing around.

https://soundcloud.com/goldkalb/improvised-reaction-v-modular-livejam- juli
beetle box music
Really cool synth, and nice improv!!

synthblah123 wrote:
This is my first post here on MW, so feel free to yell at me if this is the wrong place to post this.

Back to the music - I recently picked up a Disting mk4 for my small modular skiff and wanted to give the Wavetable VCO a try, so I recorded this quick, corny, arpeggiated improvisation with my QuNexus and Pico DSP that I figured I could share:

Half tech demo, half little musical piece - hope you all enjoy despite my sloppy keyboarding as well! smile
StutzJr
I'm sure many here might find this patch quite generic, but I'm pretty new to my gear and I still have a lot to learn.
Honestly this is *THE* type of sound I was looking for when I was first drawn into modular.
From this point on, I hope to utilise what I have to create something as interesting to others as I find it myself.

[s]https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/484052442[/s]

"ambiance" courtesy of:
Sonic Potions Mal-2 + Penrose - quantised random / generative pitch
plus the usual suspects:
Mutable Instruments Rings - resonator / poly strings
Expert Sleepers Disting mk4 - delay
Intellijel Triatt - attenuverter + offset

Rather than asking what next to add to my rack/collection, I am currently reassessing all the gear I have for a moderate cull.
Prior to starting my modular rig, naturally I amassed a number of "synth type objects" that are now taking up space and/or are superfluous to my needs.
adda
StutzJr wrote:
I'm sure many here might find this patch quite generic, but I'm pretty new to my gear and I still have a lot to learn.
Honestly this is *THE* type of sound I was looking for when I was first drawn into modular.
From this point on, I hope to utilise what I have to create something as interesting to others as I find it myself.

[s]https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/484052442[/s]

"ambiance" courtesy of:
Sonic Potions Mal-2 + Penrose - quantised random / generative pitch
plus the usual suspects:
Mutable Instruments Rings - resonator / poly strings
Expert Sleepers Disting mk4 - delay
Intellijel Triatt - attenuverter + offset

Rather than asking what next to add to my rack/collection, I am currently reassessing all the gear I have for a moderate cull.
Prior to starting my modular rig, naturally I amassed a number of "synth type objects" that are now taking up space and/or are superfluous to my needs.

Dig the clip, giving me more Rings GAS! I'm in a similar spot, just moved to a small modular after playing around with a mother 32 and dfam for a little while

This is the first thing I've patched that basically does what I was hoping to do when I first started looking into modular

[s]https://soundcloud.com/dysn-adda/android-campsite[/s]

Its a teleharmonic phase voice whose pitch is controlled by a stepped random from the wogglebug, and triggered with the wogglebugs burst output triggering a slowish adsr. I use the positive and negative envelopes to control the two channels of an optomix. The rhythmic variation comes from sending the woggle out into a Function, whose positive out goes back into the wogglebugs clock in

To be honest, the last part was a happy accident, and I'm not totally sure how it works!

The wash in the back is a morphagene reel with its speed being modulated by the woggles smooth random and organize modulated by the cv out, so it jumps around through splices randomly
StutzJr
adda wrote:

Dig the clip, giving me more Rings GAS! I'm in a similar spot, just moved to a small modular after playing around with a mother 32 and dfam for a little while

It took me a while to settle on the Rings, but I'm glad I did. I was aware that the Mutable modules were popular but I hadn't really looked into them. I was looking for particular features and almost by coincidence this one just ticked all the right boxes.

adda wrote:

This is the first thing I've patched that basically does what I was hoping to do when I first started looking into modular

Its a teleharmonic phase voice whose pitch is controlled by a stepped random from the wogglebug, and triggered with the wogglebugs burst output triggering a slowish adsr. I use the positive and negative envelopes to control the two channels of an optomix. The rhythmic variation comes from sending the woggle out into a Function, whose positive out goes back into the wogglebugs clock in

To be honest, the last part was a happy accident, and I'm not totally sure how it works!

The wash in the back is a morphagene reel with its speed being modulated by the woggles smooth random and organize modulated by the cv out, so it jumps around through splices randomly

Great choice of name of this piece, it really has that kind of vibe! I'm intrigued by these kinds of sounds and will need to investigate more in future. I can imagine the morphagene would be a blast to play with. I had looked at Function but ended up building a DIY Rampage.
Cheers + Best of luck with the modular journey
fuzzyboy
Recorded it some time ago, but finally got my hands on editing video and running a bit of compression on audio this Saturday.

kamielsd
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-118427860/analog-liveset[/s]

first test with a kassutronics 3340 vco, and some other stuff that happened to be around
d.apsu
[s]https://soundcloud.com/daliaapsu/cloud-formation[/s]
ImSmith
Hey there fellow wigglers, I thought I’d post my first ever Modular Jam on here for you to take a look/listen to.

https://youtu.be/k-edpRmIMpg

Let me know what you think,

Cheers!
_lampshade_
This is my first year with modular and i am enjoying the journey. I'm a long time electronic musician who has had a problem actually finishing things, anyway here is a little ambient jam i recorded the other morning, marbles mangrove plaits and clouds. One take live recording into ableton.

Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/limabear/black-friday

[s]https://soundcloud.com/limabear/black-friday[/s]
ikonisk
Saturday patch:

Ikonisk - Ambient #1
knaz
Ok, my turn.
Don't forget about youtube

[s]https://soundcloud.com/knazef/secret-ivory[/s]
IEC
saturday night is metropolis night!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/n-re/1902161841a[/s]
Shledge
[s]http://soundcloud.com/shledge/spicy-sunday[/s]

It's a Sunday, but it counts right?
Funch
Need help finding a member tune that I stumbled upon about 7 months ago.

It had a name something like cosmic dust, space dust, Interstellar dust. it was a self generative patch and around 20 to 30 minutes long.

I tried all the searches and looked down the list but couldn't find it.

It seems to have disappeared but it was one of the coolest things I've heard in awhile and one of the reasons I joined the forum to try to find that.

the other reason was I'm looking for a moog VX 352 to purchase and you need to be a member to use the search feature here.
Chozal
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-642706971/modular-1-1-modular-1[/s]

some fun with plaits, mysteron, warps, inspired by a friend working on a noise opera with his collective

mostly nonsense, but I was into it when I was recording it grin
Weaver
I just built my first few modules.
I made two of them on Stripboard:
A 8 step sequencer which is basically a Baby8 with some additions

and a Clock incl. Clock Divider with a switchable Output for odd Messures (3,5,6,7). I also included NOT-Gates to create some kind of "offbeat-gate" which is nice.

I also built some modules on PCBs from Barton:
Analog Drum
DAN
VCA/Mixer
Quadtrapezidoal LFO

Here's a little jam or something with them and my Behringer Neutron:
nklif
That Neutron sounds great. Didn't sound that offbeat to me. Had a good solid groove.
numan7
SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t ok, it's saturday. and i think i'm some going TO MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISE (and record it too, in some fashion or another, as proof... and publish it here, although that might not actually happen until sunday or monday...)!

Miley Cyrus i've lost count of the saturdays that have ended with the sentiment that i *should* have made some fucking noise, but alas... anyways, we'll see.

cheers

UPDATE 1: the instrumentation will be a Knas Ekdahl Polygamist semi-modular synthesizer being controlled with a Koma Elektronik Komplex sequencer.
Shledge
[s]http://soundcloud.com/shledge/thats-a-greasy-meatball[/s]

No modular in this, but I certainly still had fun.
arcanius

here is a project i'm working on...

Operation Pebblestone

for this track, stroll, there is a digitakt controlling the modular via cv.ocd, and a friend on a guitar...

hope you like it smile

some links:

web site

instagram link

soundcloud link
hemeroscopium
[s]http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/634199388[/s]

Ciat Lonbarde x Folktek
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 24