MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How about the Vernoma Retroverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author How about the Vernoma Retroverb
insomniyack
Anybody on here tried this spring reverb? I like the sound of a few vids on YouTube but I don't know if it's worth the money.
hbc
A friend of mine has one. Totally badass. The hammer inside that whacks the tank is awesome. And it can be triggered by the input signal if I remember right.
krv
Definetly try one with moogerfooger analog delay...... a 2009 space echo Guinness ftw!
xart
Check out zerotronics if you into springs. You want to look at the coolsprings. (they are a better version of the vermona)
No hammer, but you can give it a kick + slap! The zerotronics units are very nice.

www.zerotronics.com

FYI Zerotronics is also doing a NEW small run of the MINI LE in Mono! Give ralph an email and jump on this if you want a wonderful reverb!
insomniyack
Those look nice but the prices are pretty high compared to the Ekdahl and the Retroverb.
Kwote
I thought about it before but it's not for me. I like my effects to be seperated. No multieffects or even a few combinations like the retroverb.

I have a very simple spring verb pedal as well as a new distortion unit(just mentioned in the memory boy thread). If I want any weird modulations I got the modular and if I want some good filter sweeps I'll just get a wah.

Try out the solemate if you feel what I'm saying:

http://www.vanamps.com/solemate.htm
krv
Kwote wrote:
I thought about it before but it's not for me. I like my effects to be seperated. No multieffects or even a few combinations like the retroverb.

I have a very simple spring verb pedal as well as a new distortion unit(just mentioned in the memory boy thread). If I want any weird modulations I got the modular and if I want some good filter sweeps I'll just get a wah.

that's excellent, but mono only
Kwote
krv wrote:
Kwote wrote:

No problem with mono for me. I prefer it honestly. I can pan things around to sit well in the mix later.

Here's a slightly better version but I didn't feel the need for it

http://vanamps.com/reverbamate.htm
krv
Kwote wrote:
krv wrote:
Kwote wrote:

No problem with mono for me. I prefer it honestly. I can pan things around to sit well in the mix later.

Here's a slightly better version but I didn't feel the need for it

http://vanamps.com/reverbamate.htm

Then it looks like the solemate is the right choice.... still you'd put an ear on the vermona retubeverb..... retroverb without bells and whistle but with tube.... deep and dark
insomniyack
So now you got me torn between the Vanamps reverb and the Retroverb...

The price is much better on the Vanamps but what about the quality on synths? I want to recreate that old-1950s-room-full-of-analog-modular-synths sound that only a real spring reverb can give you.

I don't need a lot of complex settings. I just want a nice, rich, warm analog spring reverb to throw on one of my synths. And preferrably one without a LOT of extra noise on top...
krv
insomniyack wrote:

... sorry man.... hihi hihi hihi hihi

insomniyack wrote:
I want to recreate that old-1950s-room-full-of-analog-modular-synths sound that only a real spring reverb can give you.

.....sound that only a tube spring reverb can give you I'd say hihi
xart
insomniyack wrote:

I don't need a lot of complex settings. I just want a nice, rich, warm analog spring reverb to throw on one of my synths. And preferrably one without a LOT of extra noise on top...

How many springs and why kind of tanks do you get with the vanamps or the vermona?

With the zerotronics coolsprings you get: Four Accutronics® Type 9 (3x2 spring) reverb units, 24 springs total thumbs up

And you can kick it! SlayerBadger!
Kwote
Just one accutronics spring in the solemate. Sorry, I'll bet more springs and or tubes could add some nice sound but don't find it necessary. I've gotten such great verb out of the solemate.

I was very close to building a Neural Agonizer which I'm betting would crush the Retroverb but either way I parted ways with my boards, chips & tanks because the simplicity of the solemate continues to satisfy my springverb itch.
insomniyack
I've been listening to some of the demos of the Retroverb on their site and I really like some of the phase-cancelling effects you can get with it...

http://www.vermona.com/index.php?id=27,92,0,0,1,0

Like click BEAT_VCF and listen to the 3d type sound in it. Pretty cool plus the envelope opens up alot of opertunities for having shorter trails (something you can't do on some other units like the Ekdahl)
insomniyack
Ok anywhere where I can hear the vanamps solemate with a synth?
dkcg
insomniyack wrote:

The price is much better on the Vanamps but what about the quality on synths? I want to recreate that old-1950s-room-full-of-analog-modular-synths sound that only a real spring reverb can give you.

Not as nice as the retroverbs, and not as nice as the original, but the Fender reissue tube reverb tanks can be found used for about $300. No CVs tho.
insomniyack
Just picked up a Retroverb and I can't say enough good things about it.

This is the QUIETEST ANALOG EFFECT UNIT I've ever heard...no noise, hum, buzzing or anything (at reasonable levels) and by cranking the treble on the front it's plenty loud enough for anything!

The phase-reverse effect is incredible and really makes the sound jump out of the speakers (my dog was looking behind him for the sound lol) and I can't wait to run all kinds of things through it.

Then the actual sound of the reverb....warm, rich, full, vintage, deep...I could go on and on. I love just putting a single synth on it and slowly increasing the wetness until it's a sea of springs!!

The built quality is top-notch and it weighs a TON! Nice heavy wood end pieces (just like the old analogs) and knobs with such nice resistance!

Then you've got the envelopes so you can tailor the reverb to your liking...a nice short tail or a reverb that slowly fades in...cool stuff! And then there's the CRASH feature so you can hear the BOING from the Accutronics 6-spring reverb tank and the filter to tone down certain frequencies.

If you're looking for a rich and deep spring reverb with real springs you can't go wrong...plus this is one of the quietest analog effects I've ever heard!

Quality gear Vermona!! Thanks!!
Kwote
insomniyack wrote:
Ok anywhere where I can hear the vanamps solemate with a synth?

I use it mostly on my drum sounds. The Cynare getting the most love:

http://www.kwotemusic.com/3TheHardWay.mp3

There's 3 beats on that track. The 2nd highlights the solemate pretty well.
onrust nv
I realy like the retroverb although the crash button is to soft. When I hit my amp with my fist the spring realy make a thundering sound. The retroverb is to soft, but the cv input for the crash I like. And the filter I also realy like in this machine. Realy rough sound it produces.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1