MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

plague bearer - messing up CVs? any tips?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author plague bearer - messing up CVs? any tips?
matttech
hi all

i seem to remember someone saying recently that they used the plague bearer to mess up CVs (rather than audio), but when i tried it it didn't do anything interesting at all!

does anyone have any precise patches they could share with me in order to get something interesting out of it? was using a plain slow sine wave as my CV source, and modulating shit out of the plague bearer's CV inputs.

if i try the same trick on the a189-1, utter bedlam occurs
RealDudes
send it stepped CV
like a sequencer or quantized LFO
matttech
RealDudes wrote:
send it stepped CV
like a sequencer or quantized LFO

ah, ok....will try that. what kind of effect does it have? a weird kind of slewing?
tIB
^ OT to the OP but you should consider adding a tyme sefari and SoT at some point- you'd love it on CV.
matttech
tIB wrote:
^ OT to the OP but you should consider adding a tyme sefari and SoT at some point- you'd love it on CV.

maybe once i get this skiff/ new case from ross..........and so it continues.

you bought these again recently didn't you? now that you've stopped collecting euro
tIB
^ yip, Id been after one for the fracdrum for a while and it showed up at a ridiculously good price... my euro set up has gone from 18U to 4 modules. w00t
nrdvrgr
I think you are referring to an old post from me... if memory serves me right I added the PB in between the sequencer and oscillator, making the pitch of the oscillator sound "crunchy" and unlike any other modulation I had heard.

I don´t have any eurocrack left here, so I can´t try it again though.
matttech
nrdvrgr wrote:
I think you are referring to an old post from me... if memory serves me right I added the PB in between the sequencer and oscillator, making the pitch of the oscillator sound "crunchy" and unlike any other modulation I had heard.

I don´t have any eurocrack left here, so I can´t try it again though.

oh wow..that sounds right up my street. i guess it must be adding some kind of subtle FM-type of effect, almost as if you were summing a sequence with an osc. would it have been set up with feedback (out to in on the plague bearer) do you think?
nrdvrgr
Can´t remember actually... getting old... wink
matttech
nrdvrgr wrote:
Can´t remember actually... getting old... wink

no worries - will investigate later!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1