MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WTF is this?????? :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author WTF is this?????? :)
soundmachines
Just a test to see if everything fits in 4hp..
Too cramped for you?
Hint, hint... this is NOT a utility module!

What could it be????

Cheers!
JohnLRice
A food replicator that makes tasty chicken tika masala out of nothing more than unicorn sex and human tears of joy? hmmm..... hyper
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Ewwww, minipots... Gross! lol

(Looks cool. I'm guessing it's a multimode filter.)
ersatzplanet
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

I think those are Tact momentary pushbuttons switches and not trimpots.

some sort of clock module?
soundmachines
JohnLRice wrote:
A food replicator that makes tasty chicken tika masala out of nothing more than unicorn sex and human tears of joy? hmmm..... hyper

It will take some serious wizardry... what about starting from chicken meat?

more info below!
soundmachines
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

ahah! well minipots like that will call for your children to operate your modular (that could be a not so bad thing!!!!)
microfauna
6HP please
soundmachines
ersatzplanet wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

I think those are Tact momentary pushbuttons switches and not trimpots.

some sort of clock module?

It is something that I am experimenting right now.
A small sampler/looper that is controllable by CVs and Gates.

We have (either by buttons or gates): REC, PLAY ONE SHOT, PLAY LOOP
And the sampling/playing freq is variable and controllable by CV.

This should be a very cheap entry level looper of sorts, with up to 40 second sampling.

Pretty basic but fun!!!!
soundmachines
microfauna wrote:
6HP please

Yes! I think it's more reasonable smile
I have to check it in the flesh and then we'll decide!
microfauna
DC coupled for recording CVs?
soundmachines
microfauna wrote:
DC coupled for recording CVs?

The core itself is not capable of that but since you asked for two moar HPs and there is a micro inside.... we can easily add two jacks for CV (but we will keep to 0-5V) and some recording/playing firmware on analog inputs and a small dac output. This way we will have a two concurrent channels (one audio, one 'slow' CV.

Good Food for thought!
numan7
hmmm..... will it also be able to sample and loop dc-voltages/control signals (so that it could function as a voltage-controlled control-voltage recorder smile )?

at any rate, it sounds ike this could be a very fun and useful addition. it's liike an instant groove module! The Chewbacca Defense

can't wait to see what soundmachines comes up with next! hyper

cheers
exper
Wicked. Can't wait to see this stuff out in the wild. Oh, and definitely 6hp. 4hp is extremely cramped unless there is just a single row of jacks. Especially if there happens to be another cramped module next to it.
Paranormal Patroler
This looks interesting.
Nuuj
Will current memory last upon power cycle?

Sometimes I think I'd really like to make my own percussion sounds, sample them for later use and then free up those modules for other simultaneous use.
soundmachines
Nuuj wrote:
Will current memory last upon power cycle?

Sometimes I think I'd really like to make my own percussion sounds, sample them for later use and then free up those modules for other simultaneous use.

Yes it can!
The idea is to have it cheap enough to let you but more than one.
On the other hand, in its current implementation I really don't know if its timing it's tight enough to have a decent precision on the start of the sampling...

I would say it's much more suited to "re-rythm" some phrases, or to loop drones.

I'm still experimenting, in a couple of weeks I will have a functional mockup to show you (probably a video), to see if 'works' smile
Paranormal Patroler
soundmachines wrote:
I'm still experimenting, in a couple of weeks I will have a functional mockup to show you (probably a video), to see if 'works' smile

Oh, I'd love to see that in action. I'm quite interested to check out how it compares to the upcoming Antimatter Audio's Brain Seed

The BS is a CV recorder so that is a major difference if this is mainly for audio. I'd be really interested if it's priced right and I go do glitches with this (freeze action etc). I'm voting for 4HP.
craque
lookin good!

i would love having a little bank of looping machinery.
Paranormal Patroler
How is this going?

I was thinking of this project and the whole "cheap loop module" prospect and here's my 2 cents:

I'd keep it 4HP, it makes more sense if it is cheap enough to buy more than one. I'd lose the DC coupled option if it meant a lower price, as I said before there's a beautiful module by antimatteraudio coming out to do just that. I'd want it to have gate inputs on Rec/Play/Loop. Maybe a CV over lenght?

In any case keep it simple, cheap, useful.
soundmachines
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
How is this going?

I was thinking of this project and the whole "cheap loop module" prospect and here's my 2 cents:

I'd keep it 4HP, it makes more sense if it is cheap enough to buy more than one. I'd lose the DC coupled option if it meant a lower price, as I said before there's a beautiful module by antimatteraudio coming out to do just that. I'd want it to have gate inputs on Rec/Play/Loop. Maybe a CV over lenght?

In any case keep it simple, cheap, useful.

You, sir, have it served smile
soundmachines
A pic is worth a thousand samples...

Okay, here's the UL1 uloop ('u' as the greek letter 'mu', or as 'you'!!).
Actually this is the panel, I plan to test it in the next few days....

Small, useful and cheap sampler/looper.
-LEVEL input pot
-REC, PLAY, LOOP gate inputs
-TUNE pot and CV input
-NONVOLATILE memory
-Hopefully cheap, so you buy three pieces at a time.
-Future expansion (won't tell ya)
Hi5
bit and sample rate?
Hi5
Also, will the play one shot always restart with each gate input or pickup where it stopped in the buffer?
microfauna
soundmachines wrote:
[quote="Paranormal Patroler]I'd lose the DC coupled option[/b] if it meant a lower price, as I said before there's a beautiful module by antimatteraudio coming out to do just that.

The Antimatter Brain Seed records a sequence of discreet voltages as a step sequence, not, as far as I understand a continuous stream of DC. It's seems it's been decided but I think it's a shame this module won't have this capability since it would be a big plus point. It would double its functionality. How much more would it be to add it?
soundmachines
microfauna wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
[quote="Paranormal Patroler]I'd lose the DC coupled option[/b] if it meant a lower price, as I said before there's a beautiful module by antimatteraudio coming out to do just that.

The Antimatter Brain Seed records a sequence of discreet voltages as a step sequence, not, as far as I understand a continuous stream of DC. It's seems it's been decided but I think it's a shame this module won't have this capability since it would be a big plus point. It doubles it's functionality. How much more would it be to add it?

The expansion will have some bonus functions..... Mr. Green

I really wanted to keep the 4hp. And there's no more space in there!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4