MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

european contact cleaner?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author european contact cleaner?
richard
Hi

I got a few crackly pots, Deoxit D5 (on ebay) seems too damned expensive in europe

anyone know of a good European equivalent?OR a reasonably priced european Deoxit supplier? I'm in Germany right now , but UK is good too.

Richard
Kent
Doesn't Caig® (makers of DeOxit) have an HQ in DE? They did several years ago. They really are the best. I found a decent Froggy equivalent, but it isn't the same as good old Caig stuff.

Not that this is too helpful, but why fuck around with an inferior product? Just stump up the cash for the DeOxit. That stuff lasts a long time. Oh, yeah; and make sure that you get the lubricated kind. I think one of the DeOxit variants lacks lube. You'd be fucked.
wetterberg
it *is* expensive. a 20-second jaunt into ebay.de showed a huge bottle for like 20 gbp shipped. Not too bad for what it does.
mono-poly
contact cleaner d'oh!
wetterberg
care to elaborate on that already very in-depth reply, mono?
mono-poly
contact cleaner atracts dust even more harder then before cleaning.
better move those knobs more often or use an airgun.
wetterberg
have you ever tried deoxit or similar products? From my own experience it's usually apply once, years of good service afterwards.

- and an oxidated product won't be much helped by "better move those knobs more often", when it's after the fact. And last I checked an airgun won't remove oxidation hmmm.....
Kent
Caig DeOxit IS Magic Stuff @ mono-poly. I know what you are saying. This stuff is different. It also does not attract dust through electrical charge. It's great stuff.
richard
exactly Kent, thank you.

BTW I found this in Germany,

http://www.banzaieffects.com/DeoxIT-150ml-Pump-spray-pr-17855.html

Banzai is not the best for information, but its called D5 so it should be the lubricated one: I believe this is technically classed as having "flushing properties." Its handy because not in a spray can so is travelable (is that a word?) on planes

Richard
mono-poly
Hmmmm maybe it's good.
I heard about it for encoders.
I'm not sure about regular knobs imho.
Kent
I've used the stuff for well over 15 years. Awesome shit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1