MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

OMG WOW AND THANKS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author OMG WOW AND THANKS
hpsounds
Wiard

Wow! Clap Lotsa Love

You deserve it Mike !

Hédi K.
jeannot
Congrats Mike! Gorgeous system!
miditerranean
Really really nice, Mike! Be sure to take some pics of it by the BugBrand too we're not worthy
carygrace
Babaluma wrote:
Was it also designed by the Telomere dude (Chris MacDonald)? His label is also called Evenfall, and I love his music.

Yes, as I understand it, Chris MacDonald took the project to Grant to finish the design.
el clon
beautiful. SlayerBadger!
that case is so luxurious... it reminds me of James Bond for some reason,
like Sean Connery should be rocking that thing. or maybe Goldfinger...
jdkee
Resurrecting an old thread but I wanted to add just how visually beautiful the modules and the case look. It looks like a beautiful instantiation of technology as art, not utilitarian but an artistic endeavor in and of itself. This system is a one-of-a-kind instrument.

Mike, how does it sound to you when you use it? It looks fairly comprehensive, do you add in external modulation or sound sources? Any advice for someone starting out with a 6 module Wiard system in 2016?

Best,

Justin
Graham Hinton
jdkee wrote:

Mike, how does it sound to you when you use it? It looks fairly comprehensive, do you add in external modulation or sound sources?

He didn't use it, he sold it.

The system now resides in Darkest Avalon where I had to rebuild the power and grounding to make it conform to safety standards and to be usable with other instruments.

Quote:
Any advice for someone starting out with a 6 module Wiard system in 2016?

Don't waste money on a custom case before you know what you are doing and what you really need. You will change your mind, the only variable is how soon. Often this is before the case is even finished.
jdkee
Wow, that is a visually beautiful system. I imagine it sounds amazing. Enjoy.

I agree about the custom cases. I have about a dozen modules now and have worked up some handmade wooden rack ears just to hold the racked modules. My woodworking skills are nowhere near Goikes skills but they work.

Graham, would you make a switchmix/modmix module in 6U format? I'm not sure if there is sufficient demand to justify tooling in the 6U format as opposed to euro. Just curious.
eef
Quote:
Quote:
Any advice for someone starting out with a 6 module Wiard system in 2016?

Don't waste money on a custom case before you know what you are doing and what you really need. You will change your mind, the only variable is how soon. Often this is before the case is even finished.

Alternatively, pick a custom case as early as possible, so you get a small case, so you fill it quickly, so you don't waste time researching new modules, and instead get on with working with what you have.

(hides)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3