MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RC1 radiostar (bluetooth to gate/cv module) update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author RC1 radiostar (bluetooth to gate/cv module) update
soundmachines
Dear All,
just to give some more informations on the module.

The panel design is this:

It will be probably a 24hp module, brushed steel panel.

Main feat:

-16CV OUT (8 * 5V, also V/Hz, and 8* -10 to +10V)
-8 GATES OUT
-Bluetooth 2.0 interface (Android, Windows, Linux, wtf...)
-Bluetooth 4.0 interface (iOS)
-Direct interface between your device and your modular. No PC's.
-LIVE MODE and SEQ MODE distributed among the various outputs. (SEQ mode is synchable to other modular equipment for tight timing).

Some of the updates are:
-It will support OSC over BT (either SPP and Low Energy application profile, to have on board either Android (or WIN, or what else...) and iOS).
(we will keep also another 'lighter' protocol, just to save bytes..)

-It will have the choice (hardware) to choose between 5V and hotter 12V gates output

-It will have an expansion connector, to connect other 'medium' in the future.

And finally, this is the initial UI design of the app (for now we are testing it on a NEXUS phone, but it will support ANY Android 4.0 tablet or handset.
iOS app is also under construction.

Some quick notes on the functionalities.The screenshot relates just to the LIVE features, there is a whole another world related to the SEQUENCER features, that could be mixed between the 16CV's and 8 GATEs).

-The actual screenshot is the most simple, 8 gates button (momentary) on the bottom of the screen, to trigger everything you want (from envelopes, to drums, to loopers...), and 8 CV sliders EACH one of which has it's own record/play buttons...
YES, press the R button and the movements will be recorded until you press the P button, when the RC1 starts looping the CV until you stop it.

-Have a look at the tabs on the top of the screen. We have (among many others) the possibility to pop up a chromatic keyboard with pitchbend and mod wheels (a fuc*ing tiny cv keyboard, maybe also polyophonic, that is smile) OR an X-Y pad with GATE signal related to z-axis accelerometer 'bumps'.

-The app will comprise lot of things but NOT everything. We will disclose the protocol and the OSC address space to have others write apps and augment the object that could relate to your modular.

YOU LIKE?
Matos
I love. hyper love
How much and when?
mono-poly
love Want!
numan7
eyes...

any updates on this?

cheers
soundmachines
Hi to everyone, we were very busy in many other projects (spesonline.com acts in a lot of markets!!!) but we have some juicy advancements here.
In a couple of weeks we will have two protos of the RC1 to start testing some firmware. The product *is* complex and we tried to avoid another PCB. We managed to squeeze everythig in 28 HP, instead of the 24 that we talked about. Please have a look at its new 'face' (it's just a drawing):

Other than that we made lots of improvements in the Android base app and we started porting it to iOS.
I think that it will be LOTS of fun.
We also defined two expansions, one MIDI input and one Ethernet input (OSC). The product will be field-upgradable with a microSD card.

Hope this is a good update!

It's motherfucking bacon yo
soundmachines
The website is on line!

There are some new exciting modules and some descriptions!
Please come to have a look and leave your comments.

The site is not yet fully operational (no shop yet!) and under construction!

http://www.sound-machines.it/

It's peanut butter jelly time!
whitewulfe
Any word on the posible 5U version you had mentioned several months ago? ^_^
soundmachines
whitewulfe wrote:
Any word on the posible 5U version you had mentioned several months ago? ^_^

We did not succeed in designing a single PCB (we thought of putting jack AND connectors on the same footprint but nope...) for the two versions.
At this point, when the RC1 is up to work (I should receive protos by the end of this week!) I will call for interest in the 5U version and manage a run of "wired" panels.
The +-15V power supply rails are not a problem!
krunkleKick
This is going to be epic. You should think about a standalone version!

People would lap this up!
madcap
position sensing keys would be sweet. Like animoog but bigger.

Can't wait
soundmachines
madcap wrote:

Can't wait

You mean this?

Producing 150 of those right now, along with 100 robotto...
soundmachines
madcap wrote:

Can't wait

Also, the RC1 is under completion, we are coding the 'startup' application for iPad (the Android one is OK) and we are writing the 16 tracks sequencer core!!!

When the first step is done we will release and sell the product, then you can upgrade it with a microSD card!

Cheers,
Davide
krunkleKick
applause

Looking forward to seeing this!

soundmachines wrote:

Also, the RC1 is under completion, we are coding the 'startup' application for iPad (the Android one is OK) and we are writing the 16 tracks sequencer core!!!

When the first step is done we will release and sell the product, then you can upgrade it with a microSD card!

Cheers,
Davide
soundmachines
krunkleKick wrote:
applause

Looking forward to seeing this!

soundmachines wrote:

Cheers,
Davide

is coming is coming......
check back on our website soon!!!!

Cheers, Davide
djthopa
Ciao! we're not worthy
soundmachines
djthopa wrote:
Ciao! we're not worthy

Ciao!

(ps love your avatar!)
djthopa
Hi, i cant believe i have missed your modules, very interesting to say the least. Can the radio star produce chords? I mean 3 oscillators getting different tunings? Could the sequencer do this?
Graccie
soundmachines
djthopa wrote:
Hi, i cant believe i have missed your modules, very interesting to say the least. Can the radio star produce chords? I mean 3 oscillators getting different tunings? Could the sequencer do this?
Graccie

Please have a look at this videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUyCdhevQ0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLaWMiqWFg

http://www.sound-machines.it/?page_id=35

also, some other posts on muff!!!

ciao!
alamandra
Hey, I'm wondering if you have tested the radiostar on a kindle fire hd, that's if it would even work on it, it is an android device but I don't think it's quite the same as normal android o.s.

I'll volunteer my device for testing purposes if you can't get hold of one, if it's something you ever intend to test the rc1 with that is.
bkbirge
Is this out? I see it being offered on ebay by at least one dealer but the homepage still says not released.
soundmachines
YEAH! bot the product and the iOS app are available!
We have to update the site's pages!!!!!!!!
bkbirge
IOS only right now? When will other platforms be ready?
bezier
soundmachines wrote:
YEAH! bot the product and the iOS app are available!
We have to update the site's pages!!!!!!!!

Where can i find it on the app store?
soundmachines
Tue app is named RC1, just search this or soundmachines.
There is ah Android all that currently supports just the live modes. Soon Wiki be published. Probably to have it complete we will need another couple of months.... Or we can handle the source code to a fellow wiggler coder along with a free RC1.... smile
timmmofa
is there already information on osc? i would LOVE to hook this up to max/msp and go wild ....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2