wow - serge m-class!

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

sandyb

wow - serge m-class!

Post by sandyb » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:44 pm

some of you may have seen this from the AH list:

"Hi all,

As you're all no doubt aware, STS stopped taking custom panel orders back in June of 2007. What you may not be aware of is that there have been some exciting developments percolating beneath the surface at STS headquarters since well before that announcement. I'm pleased and very excited to announce the new Serge M-Class series from Sound Transform Systems.

What is it? Well, imagine the Serge modules you already know and love in a half-panel format -- we'll call these half-panels "M-odules -- and the modules, as they were previously known, comprise "function blocks" with individual "function cells", i.e., a DTG is a function block and a single TG is a function cell. Let's leave the new nomenclature for a moment so it can sink in and visit the tangible differences, now.

Rex has made a slew of changes under the hood and these include improvements to the designs, topologies, and circuits, across the board. Yes, there was still room for improvement, if you can believe it! Externally, very little has changed except for the new format, which, as I mentioned above, resembles half-panels, now known as "M-odules, joined in the center by a new power distribution scheme which incorporates the familiar PSD, indicator LEDs, a cool modulatable water-diffused blue LED, and eliminates the dangling power interconnection cables we're used to. A new, smaller, and custom-built power supply, the PS2a, is available to power 2 M-boats (each M-boat holds two "M-odules plus the new power distribution strip). It's also switchable for operation in Europe and will come with the appropriate power cable, as well. If you need to power more than this you can still opt for the PS4 or PS6.

Last, but not least, there are some new function block designs, such as the VC Timegen Oscillator, and VC Timegen Clock. Each is comprised of two distinct halves, or function cells. Two "M-odules incorporating these blocks are the "Creature" and "Sequencer" which, when combined, form a powerful mini-modular in a single M-boat. It's my understanding that these will be some of the first "M-odules available.

Well, now I'll turn it over to the list so we can get some discussion going. Undoubtedly, you have some questions, and we'll do our best to answer them.

Thanks for your attention,
Matt"

and some graphics here;

http://www.serge-fans.com/m-class.html

very interesting and great to see them trying to make getting into serge gear a bit more "accessible"

sandy

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:35 pm

awesome!!

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 am

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures...

Matt

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 pm

very nice. thanks for the pictures cebec. do you know how much the power supply components cost?

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi,
You're welcome! The 'boat' costs $250 and the PS2a (which powers two boats) costs $200.

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Very Cool! God, I love banana connectors.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”