MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Sea Devils Filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author STG Sea Devils Filter
bwhittington
See my Sea Devils Filter on the STG home page:

http://www.stgsoundlabs.com/ [EDIT: Not any more!]

How's that for 15 seconds of fame (for my module, at least)? surprise

Just for the record, the SDF is just fantastic. I know I'm hardly the first person to sing its praises, but with such a fun aural response, Its FM input and three CV inputs just beg to be plugged/modulated/abused.

Definitely my favorite filter. Thanks, Eric!

Cheers,
Brian

PS. Wish I hadn't used a camera phone for that shot . . . whistlin'

[EDIT: If this thread is going to be lingering around this long, a more general title seemed appropriate.]
JohnLRice
Congrats! 8_)

It woud have been a better shot if your had the correct knob on the top control though! meh And I bet mine woud sound even better if I had the bigger knob on it! Bop!

Sorry Mr. STG Mr. Green , any ETA on the onbsknay?
bwhittington
Ugh, cynics everywhere! hihi I had noticed the knob as well, but I hadn't mentioned it yet. And--ahem--certainly wasn't going to in an "all hail STG" thread. So, sounds like it's a supplier issue?

I actually hadn't even noticed the knob issue until after it had been sitting next to the COTK for a while. I do like those big knobs. Which sounds . . . so wrong.

Something is kinda missing up there, with those looong tick marks on the legending. But other than that, I really really really like my module, so there! twisted

Cheers,
Brian
JohnLRice
bwhittington wrote:
Ugh, cynics everywhere! hihi I had noticed the knob as well, but I hadn't mentioned it yet. And--ahem--certainly wasn't going to in an "all hail STG" thread. So, sounds like it's a supplier issue?

I actually hadn't even noticed the knob issue until after it had been sitting next to the COTK for a while. I do like those big knobs. Which sounds . . . so wrong.

Something is kinda missing up there, with those looong tick marks on the legending. But other than that, I really really really like my module, so there! twisted

Cheers,
Brian

Heh, I was just trying to midy bug Eric! ;-) I'm more concerned with getting my new keyboard since the stupid "L" key on this one doesn't work well any more! very frustrating

Edit: I'm actuallly just jeaous because your Sea Devils filter is more famous than mine! cry
bwhittington
Boy, I guess your L really isn't working. You had me wondering how you "midy bug" someone. I thought that might have something to do with an early midi implementation.

Cheers,
Brian

PS. Lalalalalalalala.
JohnLRice
bwhittington wrote:
Boy, I guess your L really isn't working. You had me wondering how you "midy bug" someone. I thought that might have something to do with an early midi implementation.

Cheers,
Brian

PS. Lalalalalalalala.

heh, yeah, I've given up on trying to proof read everything! My new keyboard is in the mail! ;-)

John

PS: aaaaalalalalalaalalaalalaa
bwhittington
Wow, this may be one of the most pointless threads ever. My apologies to the three people that are actually reading all this.

Except for that knob bit, which actually was pretty interesting to learn that I'm not the only person with a little . . . well, you know.

Brian
suitandtieguy
it's not a supplier issue, it's an STG can't afford to pay for the knobs issue. however that's going to be fixed soon.

i'll have a replenishment of big knob stock in a couple months. when i do, i'll make a post and if anyone's knob is too small i'll fix it for them.

also: if anyone else wants their module to be famous take a good photo of it and i'll put it on the front page.

i'd actually like to make a customer gallery, but haven't gotten around to asking people. some people are very private about things and i'd like to respect that. however, some people like me are attention whores so i'd love to take advantage of that.
Soviet Space Child
suitandtieguy wrote:
i'll make a post and if anyone's knob is too small i'll fix it for them.

neandrewthal
We wanna see the whole case hyper
chromium
Lookin' good, Brian! The SDF is on my short list of want love

Love to hear some audio if you record anything with it. Sounds really good to me on STG's demo, and on the couple of youtube vids that I've seen of it.
bwhittington
neandrewthal wrote:
We wanna see the whole case hyper

Just posted a pic on the sticky thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85730#85730

Cheers,
Brian
bwhittington
chromium wrote:
Love to hear some audio if you record anything with it. Sounds really good to me on STG's demo, and on the couple of youtube vids that I've seen of it.

Your wish is my command. Seriously, I did this today. Just for you.

The patch is pretty simple, with nothing but Q106's and the Sea Devils Filter in the sound path, so it should give you an idea of the filter's response in the hands of a baboon. Patch details are in the youtube description.

Cheers,
Brian

chromium
Oh yeahhhh! Great patch!! Man that filter has such a distinctive sound, downright menacing at times. I liked that about it in the other demos, and I can hear it here as well.

Thanks for doing that! we're not worthy
suitandtieguy
thanks very much for posting that video.
JohnLRice
Very cools stuff, Brian!!!! w00t w00t w00t w00t
Muff Wiggler
my STG wavefolder is pretty famous too

suitandtieguy
the KLF have axes to grind.

where did you find that pic?
Muff Wiggler
google image search for "3AM Eternal"
bwhittington
What's the story behind the KLF module? I think I remember seeing that photo at Analogue Haven? At the time, I had figured it was just a tag line on STG modules. But, yes, it would seem your module *is* way more famous than mine. I've so been one-upped! w00t

Hmm . . . maybe Eric should start scribbling a few more spectacular names on modules. "Martin Gore's" module would no doubt go for extra cash on eBay. "Elvis Presley's" module would fetch even more. And, yes, he is alive and well, thank you.

Cheers,
Brian
JohnLRice
suitandtieguy wrote:
it's not a supplier issue, it's an STG can't afford to pay for the knobs issue. however that's going to be fixed soon.

i'll have a replenishment of big knob stock in a couple months. when i do, i'll make a post and if anyone's knob is too small i'll fix it for them.

I'm still waiting for STG to give me the Big Knob he promised me . . . seriously, i just don't get it waah
essex sound lab
JohnLRice wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:

I'm still waiting for STG to give me the Big Knob he promised me . . . seriously, i just don't get it waah

I still have a little knob too...
bwhittington
My SDF still has the wrong knob, also. After 9 months, I've pretty much given up on that ever being taken care of. It looks like MegaOhm's Delta VCF uses the same knobs, so I might just ask if I can buy one from him instead.

I've been interested in getting an STG Mankato and a VCA module for some time, but it seems daft to place another order while I still have an outstanding issue with my last one. Plus, I assume Mankato's must be shipping with small knobs also?

essex sound lab wrote:

That's quite an admission. [smirk]

Cheers,
Brian
essex sound lab
bwhittington wrote:

essex sound lab wrote:

That's quite an admission. [smirk]

I figure you guys would learn that about me sooner or later anyway. oops
suitandtieguy
look guys, i'm sorry i dropped a big hairy bollock on this one.

i have some large knobs here which aren't Cosmo 7603 but function. i'll be able to order the Cosmo knobs soon (both the 7603 for the filters and the 7605 for the Mankato) but there's a 10 week lead time on those if the last order is any indication.

please send me an email if i owe you a knob and i'll get you a useable big knob _now_ and when the Cosmo knobs come in i'll send one of those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6