MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Show us your Bugbrand Set up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Show us your Bugbrand Set up
T. Jervell
shred wrote:
T. Jervell wrote:

Nice! Yeah the Chirper, Joy/touch combo is great!!
Also, pairing the Joystick with the DRM2 and a couple of modules from the SynthVoice yields some really interesting sounds. nanners

DRM2 is the only thing I'm really wanting to add, but I feel like I'd want another Joy/Touch to compliment it lol

Haha! Yes most definitely a second joystick, that’s why I have a second one on the way hihi
T. Jervell
Very happy with my current setup love
chrisdermo
Tower of power!! I'll do an up to date shot of mine later.
chrisdermo
Here's my current 3x16 setup. Still considering things I don't use so much to move on and downsize further.
Loving Robert's 'Le Seq' modules, and been having bags of fun with the blue pt delay this morning thumbs up
T. Jervell
Looks very, very nice Chris w00t
lud
Some great systems being built up here guys! Intrigued what your system will look like if you downsize Chris...it's a monster now!
lud
Patched up colourful mess!
vegas7188
Picked up my DDSR from the Post Office today so can now post one of these! (not pictured Spring and PEQ)

T. Jervell
Looking goood w00t
lud
That's a great set up Vegas, good to see more Bugs in London!
BugBrand
Great!
The only thing with that, as I've also been playing with such a 3Frame, is that I find the angle wrong - once patched up it is hard to tweak. So I might do another with different angles sometime...
(by which I mean the sharp angle between the lower two rows)
sungja
If you move the two upper frames higher or the bottom row closer or a combination of both that would work i think. The old boot cheeks had a gap with a piece of aluminum there but it works fine without it.
Steelshank
Man, makes me realize I need some Bug in my life. Awesome set-ups! Count me in, 2019 year of the Bug system!
BananaPlug
It's been a while since I posted on this thread. The portable is still evolving.

Not recommended for the dance floor but provides safe passage through swamps, woods, deserts, mountains, even brief excursions beyond the planet. LISTEN (sorry about the noise on this recording)

Added...
LISTEN 10min
nanners
shred

setup for the foreseeable future. don't know why I waited so long to hook up the A4, it opens things up considerably. this patch i'm working on is mostly an "east coast" (labels are dumb, but you know what I mean) thing with pitch/gate from the A4 sent to two CVCOs detuned from each other then on to filters and vcas. Joy/Touch is just doing simple modulation to attack and decay on one envelope. everything sent through PTDelay and then sent back into A4 for reverb duties (the infinite reverb decay is quite nice). Dead simple patch but just tons of area to explore. I'm really thrilled with the filter modes and the different switches on the vcas.

One space left in the rack, don't know how to fill it. very tempted by the Radio Music but I'm also thinking of waiting it out till, possibly, Tom releases an input module (would LOVE if it had an envelope follower as well) so I can send the Bug into my Octatrack then back into the rack then back into OT and so on and so forth Mr. Green

Gonna try midi sequencing the A4 with Octatrack cause I just like the OT arp better (need to check if you can midi sequence A4's cv track...)
What I would really love is a banana jack Midi to CV standalone box. Why is that not a thing?? Something like the Expert Sleepers FH-2 but with bananas. I don't really want to get back into Euro land just for Midi to CV.
/\/\/\/
That looks nice!

regarding midi to CV -- no bananas, but you've already got the format jumbler:

https://www.tindie.com/products/hotchk155/cvocd-a-super-flexible-midi- to-cv-box/

I cannot express how much I love this box. It's definitely a core piece of my Bug setup. Price-to-Value, flexibility, 4 CV and 12 Gates (!), easy to use, small... it is a shining beacon of synth utility design.
shred
thanks, i've heard good things about it! in the past I'd written it off for some reason... but it does seem to be the best standalone solution available.

Any trouble with the programming aspect of it?
/\/\/\/
shred wrote:
Any trouble with the programming aspect of it?

It's super easy to use. You assign the CV/Gates using a dropdown menu:
http://www.six4pix.uk/cvocd/patch.asp

Then one click and it uploads to the device over midi (SysEx).

My only issue is one of personal disorganization, where I'm coming up with very specific midi instructions and then forgetting what midi note I assigned to what channel etc. But I suppose one could easily print the page out or just stick to a template that works for you. It lives up to the OCD part of the name.

In any case - it's a nice bridge to have into a system.
phisynth
Took me almost the day to reconfigure, but here I am :
- 1 extra frame on top and 2 at the bottom bolted together with the ones in the bomber cheeks
- new power distribution
- added 1 small blacet PSU
- new module arrangement in a more logical way

lud
Amazing layout and system. Huge - can see why it took you all day to arrange!
chrisdermo
Just epic. Only seen a few systems that HUGE.
BugBrand
Where did you find all the 16FWs?!
(Ah - some might be joiners - I can see an 11+5 on the front)
Don't hold me to it, but I am beginning to look again towards 16FW sizes.
phisynth

Yeah, the three lower ones are 11FW+5FW, including one with a really old distribution board with only 6 connectors, so that was a bit of a headache for module placement and put it all together. I did some new power cables to connect all 7 frames to the 4 PSU's (2 BB, 1 custom and 1 Blacet). after some trials and errors and some phantom power-ups, it seems to be working fine now
BananaPlug
Those wall filling systems are astonishing.
Just for a change here's something small.

LISTEN nanners
sungja
That was great! Live take with the ditto looper?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 15 of 16