MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Show us your Bugbrand Set up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Show us your Bugbrand Set up

themanthatwasused

Hi Guys,

While awaiting to start my journey into BugBrand Modular, I am looking at a lot of set up here and placement of modules that would work in real life.
I was thinking if you guys could be so kindly as to post your setup here as a lot of the BugBrand modulars are scattered either on the Frac or in the Banana system pictures.

What I had in mind is a repository of set ups and a bit of an explanation why it works out for the individual users. This may be a great resource for young bug users like myself.

Hope this does not come out as a bit too much.

Cheers,
Harvey BugBrand!

Edit:
To give you an idea of what I have in mind as a 2 frame setup will be the following:
Top: SYN2B/ SYN2C/ SYN1/ PRC5/ PRC5/ PRC3A/ PRC3A/ ENV1/ ENV1/ UTL3
Bottom: UTL1/ CTL1/ UTL2C/ PRC1/ PRC1/ UTL5/ UTL2

BugBrand

Here are some pics I uploaded over the last 2 years...

(and making this STICKY)

Current Setup

Current setup with external bits

Recent 1Frame Synth Voices

AOS System (late 2011)

2 x 1Frame (late 2011)

2FrameShallow August 2011

1Frames March 2011

Gringo Starr

Dear Mr. Muffwiggler,

I've seen a picture your colossal BugBrand system. I'd say it belongs here as well. Let's see it. :-)

tragedybysyntax

Here is ma babeh as of this past weekend... of coarse I took it on vacation and recorded material..... twisted

Gringo Starr

There we go!!!! This thread needs some more pictures!!!! Someday... someday I will have a picture in here too. Several I assume. hihi

Looks nice Tragedybysyntax!

themanthatwasused

The first incarnation of the system:
Consists of the following modules in order from the left:
SYN2B- Quadrature Sine
UTL2C- Matrix Mixer
PCR3A- SV Filter
UTL3- Dual VCA
UTL2- Output Module
I still haven't unlocked the matrix mixer module, thinking of having it outboard since the system is still in its infancy.
A lot of things are still lacking but at least some core modules are already there for me to play around.
The filter is great, I can't wait to explore the post of otoskope.
Sounds will be posted after I get my head around them.
Thanks Tom!

tragedybysyntax

Hey man, the matrix mixer took me awhile to wrap my head around but... once you realize what it can do... it's pretty incredible, and I'm going to snag a 2nd one! Even things as simple as needing to invert a cv signal.... Just remember that it allows you to have 4 separate mixes of the 4 inputs that you have going in. And then in each row.. if you don't want to use that input channel... hit the switch to off for it or, keep the dial near the middle for no attenuation either way - or +. And yeah.. mixing different audio sources is a way as well... feedback loops...etc... Seriously wicked module, and much used within the bug system!

tragedybysyntax

Here is a better shot of my system. Need to start filling holes! I was rocking 2 of the old school frames... then happen to move into this GIANT hotel. I think it's... halfway full if you count the blanks and so on and so on... smile

Gringo Starr

tragedybysyntax wrote:
Hey man, the matrix mixer took me awhile to wrap my head around but... once you realize what it can do... it's pretty incredible, and I'm going to snag a 2nd one! Even things as simple as needing to invert a cv signal.... Just remember that it allows you to have 4 separate mixes of the 4 inputs that you have going in. And then in each row.. if you don't want to use that input channel... hit the switch to off for it or, keep the dial near the middle for no attenuation either way - or +. And yeah.. mixing different audio sources is a way as well... feedback loops...etc... Seriously wicked module, and much used within the bug system!

Do you have any demos you could post of this module in action?

A full rack of BugBrand is the nicest looking modular system ever. And they sound just as good as they look. I bet you can't wait to have that rack finished. I can hardly wait and I just got put on the list!

tragedybysyntax

Uhhhhhm, yes I actually do. I've got a hot date coming over tonight tho so... tomorrow I"ll try to go thru the stuff I recorded over the weekend.

Yeah... it's gorgeous just to look at without being powered up, let alone the sound.... wow the sound.....
I can't wait of coarse! Functionality wise tho, what I have already... having way more fun than I ever expected. Having 2 different issue PT Delays has been a staple thus far wink

miditerranean

My Bomber Bug is offically full! Did some rearranging today so here is it's current arrangement. All in all, 233 banana jacks, 144 knobs, 87 switches, 13 buttons, and 6 touch pads!

Here are some older pics from the past couple years or so:

KNYST

Very nice pics! SlayerBadger!
ooo, that SYN2Bx... yum.

a scanner darkly

Where things are at right now.

Some of you might recognize some of the modules - thank you, and thank you Tom!

miditerranean

Nice! I recognize your acrylic cheeks. How do you like having two Matrix Mixers? I still need to get one.

a scanner darkly

miditerranean wrote:
Nice! I recognize your acrylic cheeks.

- thank you! Those are the creation of Low-Gain, they look great.

miditerranean wrote:
How do you like having two Matrix Mixers? I still need to get one.

I ended up with 2 matrix mixers and at first thought I would trade one, but I have a feeling I might keep both. The intention is to mostly use one for audio and the other one for modulation. I like how easy it makes to control variations in one place, for both audio and modulation or even pitch CV, like mixing a sequencer out as the main pitch and then gradually mixing in arpeggios from CTL running at higher rate (gotta try that actually!).

Also handy to run 2 outs as stereo and use matrix mixer to create variations between the channels. And should try some crazy feedback patch sometime, taking outs from one matrix, mixing them in another and sending them back to the first...

numan7

lol well even though i :hate: you now... congrats, scanner-darkly!

tis a beautiful little system!

cheers

anadeji

primary timbre & voltage generation / control, greatest instrument i have ever used.

instrumentation: bugbrand ltd.
power & distro: hinton instruments
chassis: goike
music: "she's a lady" - tom jones

theparegorickid

cry

themanthatwasused

anadeji
The Blue and the wood looks great together!
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners sad banana Dead Banana

BugBrand

You know I want a copy of that picture for my office wall!
Lovely composition.

(hmm what is top right?! confused...)

pulse_divider

I wish I had a whole system. I've been picking up a couple of secondhand modules here and there and now have a full row, just need to DIY a banana<->3.5mm converter panel.

pugix

Here's my starter system so far. Something seems to be missing. hmmm.....

It's amazing the sounds I can get with just this much.

themanthatwasused

The system is updated with three more additons, this will eventually be a skiff but for now this is the main system while I await for the custom enclosure that I designed to be made.
One frame full and encased in my "Tool Bugs"

Ready to go! There will be a session with a friend this coming weekend.

The side cheeks is from a leftover vinyl sample that I cut to size thanks to Tom's drawings.
The modules are as follows:
DIY Mini Power
SYN2B- Quadrature Sine
ENV1- Attack/Decay
PRC5- Wavefolder
PCR3A- SV Filter
PRC4- Dual LPG
UTL3- Dual VCA
UTL2C- Matrix Mixer
UTL2- Output Module

a scanner darkly

That looks like a great portable case - even some space for patch cables, neat. And perfect colour too!

bakedcircuit

coming together slowly, but surely... few minijacks in there for the time being. It's peanut butter jelly time!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8