MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing ADDAC207 Intuitive Quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author Introducing ADDAC207 Intuitive Quantizer
Summa
Riggar do you split the quantised cv via stackable or a passive mult? Or do you use a buffer? I had some issues before the latest firmware when using stackcables that made all types of confusing results..

regarding the typos in the manual I feel it's pretty easy mistakes are due to happen in such a long and deep manual and whenever a new firmware is released it's bound to be some things that's not coherent with the latest upgrades, make sure you point them out to ADDAC so they can correct them! thumbs up
dhoinjo
Summa
and are those issues resolved by using a buffered mult? I'm thinking about buying this module. But I need to be sure it works flawlessly for that money.
Summa
dhoinjo A buffer helps when multing a single cv to many 1v/oct inputs, but the issues Riggar have I'm not sure since he hasn't answered my question yet, it's easy to jump to conclusions.
dhoinjo
Indeed. Buffered mults are the only way to divide cv in my experience. Just want to make sure that the issues mentioned earlier are resolved with the latest firmware.
Riggar
Summa wrote
do you split the quantised cv via stackable or a passive mult? Or do you use a buffer?

In this case I was in testing mode so only a single CV out - not split or anything. If I was splitting the quantized out I would go for a buffered mult.

In mentioning 'typos' in the manual - I was looking for confirmation from others really (not deliberately being nitpicky) - it's a very comprehensive and useful manual. Yes if we feel there a small errors here or there I'll happily pass on to Andre @ ADDAC.
nomenklature
Does anyone have examples of what the African/Exotic temperament on the ADDAC 207 is like? The manual doesn't contain info about what intervals it is, and I can't seem to find video examples.

I'm trying to decide btwn this and the Ornament & Crime for quantization, and some unusual temperaments would be a big plus for the 207.

thanks,

N
Paranormal Patroler
nomenklature wrote:
Does anyone have examples of what the African/Exotic temperament on the ADDAC 207 is like? The manual doesn't contain info about what intervals it is, and I can't seem to find video examples.

I'm trying to decide btwn this and the Ornament & Crime for quantization, and some unusual temperaments would be a big plus for the 207.

thanks,

N

I'm not exactly sure. But if you're looking for unusual temperaments, the 207 manual states you can go from 48 notes per scale to 12 notes per scale. Microtuning is cool!
ADDAC System
nomenklature wrote:

thanks,

N

Hi nomenklature! The Exotic scale is a balafon tuning.
Triglav
Somehow, my outputs 2-4 stopped working in chord mode. They can still quantize if I plug something into their inputs, but they stay at a constant note with nothing plugged in and quantizer 1 quantizing. Nothing is plugged into any gate ins.
I swear this used to work as described in the manual:

EDIT
I have solved it by long pressing button 7 and selecting button 2+4.
Which is really odd, since the manual says that this shouldn't be possible. Anyone knows what's going on here?
groovar
My key knob + set buttom seems to just be changing active keys, not changing octaves. Any ideas?
lohacker
groovar wrote:
My key knob + set buttom seems to just be changing active keys, not changing octaves. Any ideas?

Are you in keyboard or quantizer mode? In keyboard mode the knob should change octaves and in quantizer mode is used to change key, long pressing the octave offset button (8)you can set the octave.
groovar
Keyboard mode seems to work fine. I am only talking about quantizer mode. When I turn the switch and hit the set button, all that changes are the active lit keys in the playing sequence

Between this and the two switches seemingly doing nothing I’m not hearing anything “musical” coming out of this at all
groovar
I think you meant key 9 for octave?
groovar
anyway it seems to be working, but the changes are very subtle and don't really sound cool. the voltage seems to be very sensitive and it locks up all the time and i have to power cycle the module which blows since have to turn off the case it is in
Triglav
I've been trying out the scale transposition and I have to admit that I'm a bit lost.
Let's say I've set the scale to C major and the assign input to button11. Then I send an offset into the assign input and cycle through scales. So far so good (not counting some weird glitches), but if I remove the offset or set it to 0V it doesn't go back to C major. Am I missing something about how this works and why?
behndy
boop boop. got it in, and NIFTY. sitting down to learn my through the cute beasty and it's working different than i understood it would.

i have a melodic line CV going into 01 CV In, 01 CV Out to Rings, 02 CV Out to 2hp Sine. that works fineeeeee. since only the 01 CV In is plugged into, it dupes the quantized CV out to 02 CV Out as well.

but then i have different gate patterns going into 01 Gate In, 02 Gate In and 03 Gate In. and experiencing two things that are different than i expected.

01) i thought with a gate input that channel would only put out the note that was being quantized when that gate hit? like if the melody being put out was C D E F, and a gate was only hitting on when the C and E were going out the CV Out, you wouldn't hear the D and the F? maybe i have too long of a gate going in? but when the VCA for the Sine is open, i get the entire melodic pattern. like if i just trigger it every other beat, i hear the C then slide to the D the E then slide to F. was hoping to have the CV out freeze until the next gate.

02) it doesn't pass through to the Gate Out. on Channel 02 and 03 i was sending a different gate pattern to each, and the out to the envelope going into the VCA. if i stack cable the gate, then the VCA opens when it should, if i send out the Gate Out for that channel it..... some times does? i can't figure out WHEN it's triggering. i thought at first it was cascading like gates were read Channel 01 then 02 then 03 then 01 then 02 then 03 etc. but it's not doing that. just.... occasionally sends a gate.

what am i doing wrong?
guigui
Do you guys know if ADDAC207 has the same hability Harmonaig has of setting diatonic notes in a pre programmed scale according to the root note?

How do you guys think those two compare to each other?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15