MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Request cv to midi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Request cv to midi
mono-poly
What i really love to see in euro.
Is a nice cv to midi module.
ADDAC would come in mind to come up with something.
monstrinho
mono-poly wrote:
What i really love to see in euro.
Is a nice cv to midi module.
ADDAC would come in mind to come up with something.

+1

Definitely something I could use. If it could do CV -> OSC as well, that would be huge!!
missingtwin
this would surely breath life in some synthesizers that have been collecting
dust over in the corner there...
Umcorps

Announced on the Doepfer mail list as ready for release in the next couple of weeks.
monstrinho
Umcorps wrote:

Announced on the Doepfer mail list as ready for release in the next couple of weeks.

Well, I'd have to wait and see on this one. Doepfer has a pretty bad track record of offering little or no support for Macs. If this is USB class compliant, then it might be interesting. I'm really looking for a simple way to integrate Max/Jitter with the modular. Something tells me that an ADDAC module would work better out of the box and probably offer OSC support, which would eliminate a lot of headaches for me.
felixer
the a192-1 is available now. works great for continues controllers but you can also select note-on (or off). good for percussive sounds: drums, piano etc. or use another input (it's got 16) and another puls/gate to switch that note off.
editor is windows only, but it runs on my office/vista machine. and prob some win.emulators too. the module remembers your new presets so you could set it up elsewhere and not worry about computers as long as its in use in the modular.
Paranormal Patroler
But if ADDAC made a CV->MIDI it would be a kick ass one!
lightworks
Maybe an ADDAC001 VCC?

Check ADDAC001 github: https://github.com/addacsystem/ADDAC-Library
There is a code for a cv to midi
ambianimaton
here is the code and panel for a CV gate to midi converter. I'm making this project open source. you will need two 220 ohm resistors and a din jack an arduino or attiny 85 and 1/8 inch Jack's two knobs and potentiometers. the note number can be set with one just to gate with a drum trigger, and the midi channel is also set manually with a knob pot combo it must have a gate signal and a velocity signal to operate. I will probably set the velocity with a knob and input on the new update. not just input. on all the inputs you will need two 10k resistors to create a voltage divider to handle the negative voltages one between the input and jack and one shunted to ground from there also to protect the microcomputer from damage from negative voltages. it tracks ten octaves evenly midi notes 4-123 yet I have not programmed something to give the whole and half steps meaning but each octave should track evenly. hz/v there is a velocity CV input for that but should also have a knob in case there is no input.
here is the code:

void setup() { Serial.begin(31250);

}
void loop() {
int gate=digitalRead(3);
int levelvel =analogRead (A0);
levelvel =100;
int ch= analogRead (A1);
int note =analogRead (A2)||analogRead(A3);
ch=map(ch,0,1024,0,16);
levelvel=map(levelvel,0,1024,0,127);

note=map(note,0,1024,4,123);
if(gate==HIGH)
{Serial.print(ch);
Serial.print(note);
Serial.print(levelvel);}

}
[img]https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157117276927639&id=612027 638&set=a.10152263113652639&source=57[/img]
ambianimaton
Picture file
ambianimaton
sorry i had to update the code to be midi spec compliant, and deal with noteoff. this should work

void setup() { Serial.begin(31250);

}
void loop() { int noteon=9;
int noteoff=8
int gate=digitalRead(3);
int levelvel =analogRead (A0);
levelvel =100;
int ch= analogRead (A1);
int note =analogRead (A2)||analogRead(A3);
ch=map(ch,0,1024,0,15);
levelvel=map(levelvel,0,1024,0,127);

note=map(note,0,1024,4,123);