Rebel Stoichea Anyone

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

complexmodulations
thief

Rebel Stoichea Anyone

Post by complexmodulations » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm

I couldnt find a post on it, has anyone tried it? I could be mistaken on the post, STILL looks awesome. Thnking about getting one, suggestions?
modulate your face

headband
Common Wiggler

Post by headband » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:33 pm

viewtopic.php?t=61987&highlight=rebel

I myself really want one but am definitely going to wait it out to see what comes of there other modules + expander for the Stoichea

noisetheorem
Ultra Wiggler

Post by noisetheorem » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I am trying to fully understand it what it does. The audio demos are interesting...but the front planel and descriptions are kinda....confusing.
-------------------------------------------------------

NoiseTheorem:
BandCamp: http://noisetheorem.bandcamp.com/
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NoiseTheorem/141645972762
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem

"All you need to know is it's stupid expensive and makes a noise like 'SQWEEOOOEEEEIIIEOOOEOEEEEEOOO'"

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 am

I just got mine yesterday. A quick read of the info on the Rebel Technology had me up and running in no time. You just have to feed it a clock and then you can adjust the starting position of the pattern, the length of the pattern and how many of the steps will output a trigger. When you play with it you get the hang of it pretty quick and can get all kinds of killer rhythms out of it.

Mans
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mans » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 am

It's great and the website describes what is does very well. Feed it a clock, set a pattern lenght (corresponds to the number of triggers it receives), set how many steps in the pattern are on, and set the first step. So a 4 step pattern with three steps on can be

xxx.
.xxx
x.xx
xx.x

You see how this can get very interesting if you set a 7 step pattern with 3 or 4 on.

Currently using it as a trigger source for the ldb1 to get a feel for it and it's a very intuitive way to generate interesting patterns!

Only thing is they should've put the bottom switches a bit higher because with plugs inserted they are hard to get to.

pipwilliams
Veteran Wiggler

Post by pipwilliams » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:41 am

The greek symbols in the module name freaked out the post title of the link below. May be why your search didn't throw up many results. This was from a few weeks back...

viewtopic.php?t=64181&highlight=

radiodread87
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by radiodread87 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 am

I love that module, in fact one thing that a friend of mine was doing was clocking it well up into the audio spectrum and seeing just how high it can go, which suprisingly enough was VERY high indeed! so the code is running quite efficiently it seems.

The module is just plain fun, tiptop drum modules, stoicheia, couple of clock dividers and its a party in the modular :party:
"I have come here to Kick Ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum"

"And since - my friend we have exposed your deepest fear! I sentence you to be exposed before all your peers! Tear Down the Wall!"

cycles
Common Wiggler

Post by cycles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 am

I have on and love it, usually makes every patch I make these days. Can be fun to use the A+B mode to get an interesting gate pattern to step a sequencer too.

noisetheorem
Ultra Wiggler

Post by noisetheorem » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

hmm...this seems like a good partner to my NoiseRing...

crap. Time to see what little I can get for my soul.
-------------------------------------------------------

NoiseTheorem:
BandCamp: http://noisetheorem.bandcamp.com/
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NoiseTheorem/141645972762
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem

"All you need to know is it's stupid expensive and makes a noise like 'SQWEEOOOEEEEIIIEOOOEOEEEEEOOO'"

Audio Dependent
Common Wiggler

Post by Audio Dependent » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 am

Essential tool for anyone into complex poly rhythms. Small, simple, fun and very playable.

here are a couple of recordings I did using it:

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

Rough patch notes:

Unfortunately I have lost my patch notes and only had a small stills camera to film but here is a rough over view. I also have a skiff in front of the 6u with a few modules involved in the patch.

Rebel technologies Stoicheia is receiving a clock from the through of 4ms RCD and is being multiplied off to trigger input on both channels of A156 quantiser and both strike inputs on the optomix. The clock is then fed the SQ8 with the CV out going to the quantiser. One half of the optomix is being fed an input from the uFOLD which has both Dixies going into it and the E350 is going into the other. A simple 4/4 kick from the maths and one half of the Korgo is being clocked from the divide by 4 of the RCD.

SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SunSpots » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Those demos are great examples of what this module can do.
I'd buy the expander or the cv controlled single unit, whatever they want to make. It's hot.

I found that the topmost jack is like a "reset or pause" jack. So, I send the gate out from pressure points into that jack. As long as I hold my finger on the PP, the two out gates on the stoicheia "pause" or go silent, then I release my figer and BAM the beat kicks back down. Should should you what fun times can be had but I don't have any good sound hooked up. Would have to be crapy video sound... if you want I'll post it up

Spots
SunSpots

meatbeatz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by meatbeatz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

I just bought my second! With or without CV this thing is dope. Would be handy though. I heard that it's easy to make a CV input expander for it. Anyone got any info on this?

madcap
Cactophile

Post by madcap » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Audio Dependent

That first 1 is awesome. :nana: Very ool!

artisokka
Veteran Wiggler

Post by artisokka » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:14 am

Thank for excellent demos Audio dependent!

Now i think i need one!
dequalsrxt wrote:fat is warmer than digital is analog, except when it's more west than east, in which case cold is the hotness, but not very musical.

synthomaniac
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synthomaniac » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:02 am

I think all three demos are great but the third uptempo demo was awesome - I'm glad I have one :)
Synovatron Electronic Music
http://synovatron.blogspot.com
Eurorack DIY kits, modules (CV Tools, CVGT1, cvgt MM), AS-Doepfer Adaptors, Ribbon cables
http://soundcloud.com/monakrome

J
Wiggling with Experience

Post by J » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 am

am really digging the third demo too, thanks Audio Dependent .
might have to grab one of these when i have some more space.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 pm

I hate this module. I'm just buying that, Logoi and Klasmata because they got Greek titles and it freaks out people.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Audio Dependent
Common Wiggler

Post by Audio Dependent » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for the nice comments everyone - glad the videos are of some help!

Junk Rhythm
Big Bottom Shaker

Post by Junk Rhythm » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Audio Dependent, your Stoicheia Demo 03 really shows how this module can shine.

Vcoadsr
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Vcoadsr » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:48 am

Managed to get myself one yesterday at the Brighton Mini maker fair.
First patch I used it to trigger tiptop kick and snare. Got some interesting patterns going quickly. I would say reading the online help is essential for getting the most out of it.

Steffe
Common Wiggler

Post by Steffe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:57 am

I've ordered a Stoicheia as well. In part after hearing the demos in this thread. The dual channel rhytmic sequencer I've been looking for. I wanted to get the Z8k but this one I think will serve my needs better.

Mans
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mans » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 am

Steffe wrote:I've ordered a Stoicheia as well. In part after hearing the demos in this thread. The dual channel rhytmic sequencer I've been looking for. I wanted to get the Z8k but this one I think will serve my needs better.
The Z8000 is all about modulation, it can be used to output gates but it is certainly not its primary purpose and there are way better solutions available for that (like the stoicheia).

So if you want a gate/trigger sequencer than you've made the right choice :tu:

Steffe
Common Wiggler

Post by Steffe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 am

Mans wrote:
Steffe wrote:I've ordered a Stoicheia as well. In part after hearing the demos in this thread. The dual channel rhytmic sequencer I've been looking for. I wanted to get the Z8k but this one I think will serve my needs better.
The Z8000 is all about modulation, it can be used to output gates but it is certainly not its primary purpose and there are way better solutions available for that (like the stoicheia).

So if you want a gate/trigger sequencer than you've made the right choice :tu:
Thanks! Yeah, I figured there was something about the Z8k that didn't really fit me, though it does seem to be a very nice module for what it does.

Rebel Technologys Logoi is out now as well. Seems like a perfect patner for the Stoi.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 am

:doh: I ordered a Stoicheia last week. Why didn't I wait for the Logoi as well ...
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Steffe
Common Wiggler

Post by Steffe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm planning to get the Logoi too but I need to wait at least until next paycheck. I've already spent way too much cash this month on Euro.

The Stoicheia is opensource apparently - can anyone tell me more about that? I understand it's possible to re-program it into something completely different, but how? (And...why?)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”