MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dilemma
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Dilemma
hazen_b
Alright so I need some help, I can't decide whether to buy the 666 the baby box, buy the micro korg off my friend for 200 or get my prophet 600 fixed for 200 or save the money, pay the bills, or record with my band!
I'm leaning towards the 666 though the little boy blue looks sweet!
so help me my wiggler friends!
I love man is the bastard, wolf eyes and black dice,
I just spent 2 months in jail and I'm full of anger and I'm ready to destroy people's idea of music,
Does any of this help?
Pockets McCoy
666. No question. It's fucking incredible...I'm sure you won't regret it, based on your taste and what you want to accomplish with it.

MAD GOOP! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
b3nsf
hazen_b wrote:
2 months in jail

Freeeeedom!!!! hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper Guinness ftw! 8_)
parasitk
hazen_b wrote:
I just spent 2 months in jail and I'm full of anger and I'm ready to destroy people's idea of music

Based on this I'd say forget the Prophet, Korg, and the "responsible" stuff and go with the 666, baby box, or Little Boy Blue. Flamey BOOM!
droolmaster0
that's a tough decision between the 666 and the baby box. I'd avoid the decision altogether, and buy my LBB.

On the one hand, I'd say that if you're a person who likes stuff like this, you're going to want both the 666 and baby box eventually. So...maybe the fact that the baby box is in stock at analogue haven, and there is a wait for the 666 might influence your decision.

If it doesn't, well, they are both of very high quality, so perhaps the following factors - because of the onboard delay, and the different modes, the baby box is quite a unique little box. The 666 falls more into traditional noise box territory, but it's a great example of one, very aggressive in tone, and you can also process external signals.
felix
As someone who previously owned a microKorg, I would say forget the microKorg.

It was quite nice for what it was, but at the same time, I grew tired of its sound.
hazen_b
Ah, thank you everybody!
droolmaster I've actually been "drooling" over your LBB offer posted all over the noise forums! I'd just have to hold out a little longer to be able to meet your offer! I'm hoping actually to sell this guitar...but anyways I love all the modulars and I hope one day to build one of these monsters up, but until then hopefully maybe the LBB can satisfy my need to patch and tweak hihi
droolmaster0
Actually, the LBB has just sold....but realistically - if you can save for mine, you can save for a new one, or another one when it comes along.

The lbb has some attitude. And there is a quality to it that you don't find much among the noise boxes. I hope I don't miss mine too much. In a way, maybe I found mine expandable (edit - funny mistake. Obviously, I mean 'expendable') because of the patch points and the modular like aspect - I already have modular stuff, and i also have some cool noise
box stuff, so this sits kind of in between.

Then there is also the crowphonics box. Crazy thing. More towards the true modular in a way, and also more towards the true noise box. Also cheaper. But even farther away from ever getting a traditional synth sound.

theme: noise boxes with patch points - most don't have them. So, if they do have them, what makes them unique?

In any case - there are these. Also (I have one of these coming) Chimera bc16 (the bc8 is magnificent, but doesn't interface with other gear). Daed Feedback Synth (+ for David Talento), Voice of Saturn System (love these), Zebranalogic (have something coming - can't comment yet), mfos stuff. Probably lots more that I'm not thinking of, or don't know about.

People complain that there isn't as much cool stuff available now as in the 'vintage' days. Bullshit.
Luka
also agree
forget about microkorg
hazen_b
Ah so sad! I actually just was checking out the chimera looks pretty cool and the crowphonic has had my attention for a while as well
futuresoundsystems
felix wrote:
As someone who previously owned a microKorg, I would say forget the microKorg.
It was quite nice for what it was, but at the same time, I grew tired of its sound.

Agreed, I only really use it for gigging with now. I tried recording some stuff with it a few days ago but I soon found I needed banks of effects to get the sound I wanted... I could've easily gone with the Alesis Ion I have for what I wanted straight off.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1