MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to: MFB OSC-02 <-> Mixer osc ??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author How to: MFB OSC-02 <-> Mixer osc ??
theabsent
Can't find info how to connect these together. Could someone point a site or pic for me?
worker8
Just contact Manfred Fricke. He's friendly, efficient and helpful.
Martinheterjag
Just input the 5 metal pins on the mixer to the little holes on the osc...

Good luck smile
theabsent
Martinheterjag wrote:
Just input the 5 metal pins on the mixer to the little holes on the osc...

Didn't just quite get it... and shouldn't there be 6 solder points?
theabsent
Here's a pic for you:

daverj
This is just a wild guess based on your photo. I have never seen these boards before so do not know if this is correct:
theabsent
^ That's what I thought at first. But how you are supposed to solder something to those, some of them are unaccessible from the other side. And those are TINY holes. It's like impossible for me.
DGTom
woah eek! woah eek! wow! I assumed this would be done via a multipin connector, the spacing looks right, have you asked manfred if there are supposed to be connectors? He shouldn't really expect users to solder 6 flying wires onto the back of a board packed with SMDs, the link will be really fragile if you need to remove the module(s) to move them.

I would check with him before proceeding, I wouldn't want such a needlessly reckless implementation to void my warranty. I'm a little shocked & I thought the Osc add-on was a pretty cool idea (would be better if it was 4hp still) seriously, i just don't get it
theabsent
DGTom wrote:
He shouldn't really expect users to solder 6 flying wires onto the back of a board packed with SMDs, the link will be really fragile if you need to remove the module(s) to move them.

One would think yeah.

DGTom wrote:
I would check with him before proceeding

I'm waiting for his reply. It's weekend thou and I thought to try here too as I have some time for soldering today. But I'll finish my midi2trigger shit in the meantime.
Martinheterjag
okey.. well mayby there was 6 i dont remember smile

but my mixerosc had some metal pins on the pcb...
thats pretty weird hmmm.....
theabsent
daverj wrote:
This is just a wild guess based on your photo. I have never seen these boards before so do not know if this is correct:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/files/mfb_mix_193.jpg

So, You were correct! That's the way to do it.

There's no way I'm gonna do it ... anyone interested buying one?
Veqtor
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that all the jacks are unconnected?
DGTom
Martinheterjag wrote:
but my mixerosc had some metal pins on the pcb...
thats pretty weird hmmm.....

Thats what I woulda thought was the way it would be! This is a wierd move on Manfreds part.

Vegtor, those jacks are mults, the I/O for the mixer are behind (in front) of the PCB.
tIB
Has anyone else bought and installed the mixer osc?

I have an osc02 and thought about adding one but those pictures make me a little nervous... pins I can do but soldering wires scares me atm...
Reptil
Veqtor wrote:
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that all the jacks are unconnected?

no eek!
that is some module if it can do that applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1