MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ekdahl Moisturizer PSU?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ekdahl Moisturizer PSU?
richard
Hi

I just had mine delivered in Europe so I need to get my own PSU.

can anyone help
is it AC/DC or AC/AC?

thanks Richard
science
I just got on the waiting list for one.

Estimated delivery: January.

waah
richard
i got the info from karl, it uses 12v AC - quite unusual

its a very interesting unit BTW, a little mad maybe but great sounding, really well thought out, well made and pretty cheap too

Richard
BugBrand
Not too unusual! Its the simple way to get a bipolar (ie. synth-like) supply - check MFOS for a bit more info about such things

By the way, I've got quite a few here (UK or EURO) and could send one along if you have difficulty locating..

Edit - ps, I'm right tempted by one of those machines!
richard
thanks Tom, I'm okay for 12v AC - it was a berlin weekend panic (saturday delivery and everything closed!) but I'm running it on a 9v for the moment and it seems okay.

I think you'd like it a lot Tom! Its very much in your world I think. He's a friendly mad scientist (like you smile) and I think it would make complete sense with your stuff. In fact my only hesitation about buying one was thinking that you might be about to come out with something similar... smile

I remember when I was kid I would lift the whole guitar amp and drop it back on the floor to get that lee perry spring crash sound. This is a much nicer way to do it, and I must say that even without the spring this is a very well considered module, the morphable multimode filter is very interesting in its own right and doesn't really remind me of any other filter I've used, of course you could patch something very similar up in a modular with a spring reverb, three or four mixers, an input module, multimode filter, VCLFO, a bunch of attenuators, VCA but having it all in one tabletop, ready to converse with a modular, moogerfoogers, bugs, guitar or whatever makes a lot of sense

R
KNYST
BugBrand wrote:
Not too unusual! Its the simple way to get a bipolar (ie. synth-like) supply - check MFOS for a bit more info about such things

By the way, I've got quite a few here (UK or EURO) and could send one along if you have difficulty locating..

Edit - ps, I'm right tempted by one of those machines!

I've got one of these units on order as well, planning to connect it to the BugModular...
(If you still got some EU PSU when the filter shows up, I might be interested)
Kent
You can use one of those 12VAC lighting power supplies that are found in general hardware stores. I used one for my Wretch Machine and it cost about 13€.
richard
its an absolute natural for using with a bugmodular. i think they are made for each other - the ekdahl has a kind of bugular logic to it, and i reckon Tom will be hardpressed to think up something better!

(go on Tom, that was a challenge)
a100user
I've paid my deposit and science expect it around the New Year.

Maplin's do a 12vAC 3A wall wart which is what I plan on getting, not bad for £16.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=96964
fattyparts
i need to get another PSU for my unit. is it AC/AC or AC/DC?

website says 2.1mm 12V AC but i don't know which one exactly?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1