MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Macintosh for studio editing requirements?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Macintosh for studio editing requirements?
science
b3nsf wrote:
science,

cool I think I have the older version of that one, when they first went laser and wireless, I might just plug this baby back in to the mac and see if it doesn't take a few pegs of mightiness out of the apple mouse.... thumbs up

I don't think you'll turn back to Apple's garbage after you get one. The battery lasts forever (I've had mine for 3 months and charged it 4 times), it's a perfect fit, at least in my hand, and it has tons of useful functionality. The scroll wheel is even motorized - you'll see what I mean when/if you get one. It's an awesome feature.
timmah
panda30y wrote:
bf wrote:

I love my expert mice.
at work, at home, so much faster than a mouse and no sore wrist!
dkcg
I have a 2.4 Ghx MacbookPro, no problems recording 10 tracks at once, but I don't use many plugins anymore so your mileahge may vary, but I don't see why a macmini couldn't handle 8-10 tracks, especially if it's an intel dual core CPU.

As for mice, I love my Wacom tablet, but it does take up quite a bit of space. One of these Cintiqs would be freakin awesome, but a hell of a lot more than i wanna spend on a screen and a pointing device, but there is pressure sensitivity (I think 1024 levels of sensitivity), only if it were multitouch....watch out lemur.
http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-21ux.php
suboptimal
I'm leaning now toward a decent iMac, mostly because the mini has little in the way of upgrade path (I don't need 8GB of RAM, but what if I want it in the future?) and some nicer specs. Probably about to spend money on things I don't especially need, but hey, I'm on a modular forum! hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2