MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Video Synth Meetup on Google+ Hangouts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Video Synth Meetup on Google+ Hangouts?
lizlarsen
I was wondering if anyone is interested in a regularly (or irregularly) scheduled video wigglers meetup on Google+ hangout / video webchat. I've got a pretty nice new webcam, fiber optic internet, and would love to show you all some new LZX prototypes -- and/or get some face to face time, answering questions or sharing patch ideas. Any interest?
nickciontea
only if pinkshoesonly is in
psyingo
i guess that sounds ok.
radiodread87
That would be sweet, I dont use Google+ though but can do Skype? smile
Matos
I never used a webcam, but this sounds rad. It would be nice to talk to some of you turkeys. Plus prototypes are always a plus.
simulcast
I am totally up for this...also keen for real hangouts but this is a happy substitute smile Skype, G+ ...whatever works...
revmutt
I'm a skype guy but I like the idea, just don't use Google+
lizlarsen
What's best schedule/time-wise? Or I guess I should ask, does anyone have any specific requests on when not to do it? I am pretty flexible, and I'm guessing a week night, "mid-evening" (so it's not too late for east coast folks or too early for west coast folks) is best.

I haven't used group chat on Skype before, but I will check it out. Google+ is free though and you shouldn't have trouble setting it up if you use Skype. Anyone who's used both have a case for which is most appropriate for this?

It'd be nice to do a yearly convention of sorts but we'll get there. This would be good in the meantime.
MrDys
I'm down. Apart from my 9 to 5, I'm good for patch chatting and showing off stuff.
jjr
I'm into it

I work mondays form 4 - 9
wednesday 4 - 9
thursday 4 - 9

so tuesday evenings are best for me as far as evenings go

Ghost (hides) Ninja
jjr
we should all wear insane masks
lizlarsen
is 9PM CST doable for everyone? that's 10PM for you east coasters, and 7PM for you west coasters.

wednesdays? first time sep 26th?
lizlarsen
Quote:
we should all wear insane masks

i have a very convincing fake moustache collection.
jjr
ha ha, normally this would totally work but once a month I present a film in baltimore at the Charles theater and this next one is on the 26th . but dont let me runin the fun - maybe I can watch reruns?
barto
sounds cool to me!
lizlarsen
Well, scratch the above -- let's shoot for Tuesday, Sep 25th at 9PM CST. If you'd like to participate, please find me on Google+ (Lars Larsen / creatorlars@gmail.com) and send me a note there so I can add you to the Hangouts list!
revmutt
I downloaded their app so I'm game to try it out.
lizlarsen
I created an event for this here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cudjp9jc2vgj6mopuq0619kbmnk
I'm not sure if you can sign up or request to attend via that page (let me know?) but if not message me on Google+ and I will send you an invite!
Only 10 people can video chat at a time, but anyone else will be able to watch live (and I think it will record the hangout as well, if anyone wants to watch it later.)
samn
As a newbie I would really love this!
lizlarsen
We've got 5 people in the hangout now! So only room for 5 more. Shoot me a message on Google+ if you need an invite.

I'm new to all this, but surely there's a way that those without webcams can at least watch and text chat while the hangout is in progress.
Arturo00
I'm down with skype, unless google+ can use my iphone/ipad's camera cos I don't have a webcam otherwise.
lizlarsen
There's a Google+ app for iOS, I'm sure.
Arturo00
creatorlars wrote:
There's a Google+ app for iOS, I'm sure.

Yup: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/google+/id447119634?mt=8

Features: Video chat with up to 9 friends with mobile Hangouts
goiks
this sounds great! that page comes up blank for me. i'll have to figure out how to message you @g+...
samn
yeah, added you but can't msg. Not familiar with G+ do you have to add or am I missing something?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3