MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hertz Donut MKII (pic) and samples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Hertz Donut MKII (pic) and samples
ignatius
via the harvestman's twitter

quoted from later in the thread:

unease wrote:
Two demos posted on his Facebook!:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/harvestman/hertz-donut-mark-ii-stupid[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/harvestman/hertz-donut-mk-ii-modulation[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/harvestman/hertz-donut-mark-ii-stupid[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/harvestman/hertz-donut-mk-ii-modulation[/s]
joey
looks great!
laserpalace
screaming goo yo
wavecircle
New graphics/layout or complete overhaul with at least 16bit resolution?
ignatius
wavecircle wrote:
New graphics/layout or complete overhaul with at least 16bit resolution?

no real info.. just the pic though he said he'd have them at NAMM
pas
Didn't Scott say '24bit everything' a few months ago?
wavecircle
pas wrote:
Didn't Scott say '24bit everything' a few months ago?

24bit Piston Honda with LOADS of ROM slots?!
exper
That just looks amazing. I guess that's gonna make me hold off on looking for a second hand one now. I predict used HDs are going to be going for as little as $250 soon... Shame really because they are still so powerful.
ignatius
exper wrote:
That just looks amazing. I guess that's gonna make me hold off on looking for a second hand one now. I predict used HDs are going to be going for as little as $250 soon... Shame really because they are still so powerful.

i'm certainly keeping mine. i love the sound of it.
exper
ignatius wrote:
exper wrote:

i'm certainly keeping mine. i love the sound of it.

True. I traded mine off, but in truth I had been planning on getting another. The MKii could change that though. I hope the changes are in the Discontinuity and with better digital conversion. I had always wished the Discontinuity was a real wavefolder rather than a digital wavetable effect.
governor blacksnake
Changes from the original:

24bit/96khz conversion on both FM inputs and waveform outputs - a completely new hardware design.
The generated sine wave probably sounds better than the output circuitry is capable of reproducing.
Attenuverters on all but one of the CV inputs, with center detent and a musically useful deadband
FM inputs are thru-zero
nice 3-color illuminated tact switches instead of the big buttons
"range" switch for each oscillator, from LFO rate, to useful audio range, and then up to 48khz.
Square wave outputs and FM inputs are fixed, no secret button combos necessary
Discontinuity function has clean/dirty waveshaping modes (similar to the 259e), and the "fractal" discontinuity from the original
Tracking generator now has a knob and CV input. The three modes (named by the color of the mode button) are as follows: Orange is the "bad/worse" from the original, with the knob selecting the time constant. Red is an improved version of the "stupid" tracking where the modulator will successfully converge on the destination frequency. Green locks the frequency of the modulator to the primary, with the knob controlling the amount of phase offset. This knob is now also a destination on the modulation bus.
skiff friendlier
more expensive
joey
yet another day one purchase...
haesslich
the only problem with the hertz donut mk2 is:
i'm so happy with my original hertz donut, that i won't get the mk2. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
ether
More for me then nanners

But NAMM??? That's AFTER XMAS!!! very frustrating
Mitchk1989
Wow.

Can't wait to see the new piston honda too.
jnlkrt
governor blacksnake wrote:
Changes from the original:

24bit/96khz conversion on both FM inputs and waveform outputs - a completely new hardware design.
The generated sine wave probably sounds better than the output circuitry is capable of reproducing.
Attenuverters on all but one of the CV inputs, with center detent and a musically useful deadband
FM inputs are thru-zero
nice 3-color illuminated tact switches instead of the big buttons
"range" switch for each oscillator, from LFO rate, to useful audio range, and then up to 48khz.
Square wave outputs and FM inputs are fixed, no secret button combos necessary
Discontinuity function has clean/dirty waveshaping modes (similar to the 259e), and the "fractal" discontinuity from the original
Tracking generator now has a knob and CV input. The three modes (named by the color of the mode button) are as follows: Orange is the "bad/worse" from the original, with the knob selecting the time constant. Red is an improved version of the "stupid" tracking where the modulator will successfully converge on the destination frequency. Green locks the frequency of the modulator to the primary, with the knob controlling the amount of phase offset. This knob is now also a destination on the modulation bus.
skiff friendlier
more expensive

really good update, that pretty much would have been my wishlist when I owned the original Donut. well, except a higher price.. wink

one question: are you sticking to the odd HP numbers on the new modules?
chinard
this makes me extremely happy

i loved my HD when i had it and i have been missing it terribly ever since got rid of mine.

Higher resolution is a big bonus here, deadly in fact.

one thing that i am wondering is if the tracking (in)stability will still be implemented (bad, worse, stupid) and what the upper frequency limit is.

sorry thats two things.. It's motherfucking bacon yo
reignbear
chinard wrote:

one thing that i am wondering is if the tracking (in)stability will still be implemented (bad, worse, stupid) and what the upper frequency limit is.

yes and 48khz MY ASS IS BLEEDING
wavehead
so are the new wavefolder modes analog or are they still digital?
sixtyten
The Harvestman stuff has always been in my top 2-3 for aesthetics, but the latest modules look so fucking bad ass. They look ergonomic, intuitive, bold yet cohesive, the interface to Satan's brain, Buchla in a hot slutty gothic halloween costume.
computer controlled
Now, everyone sell off your mkIs cheap so i can grab one!

thumbs up
Hosaka
sixtyten wrote:
Buchla in a hot slutty gothic halloween costume.

fap fap fap...
Nuuj
computer controlled wrote:
Now, everyone sell off your mkIs cheap so i can grab one!

thumbs up

Mine just went for an unprecedented low price after a few weeks of being listed here.

The thing I like most about this mk2 design is that it's not likely that you will be able to exactly reproduce the sound of the original in all cases.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
why 48kHz? For video applications and/or piss off dogs?
bsmith
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
why 48kHz? For video applications and/or piss off dogs?

we're going to start seeing more vid rate stuff from various developers for sure. lars is twirling his prop mustache up in denton even now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13