MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New project based on EMS Synths
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author New project based on EMS Synths
a100user
Posted on Sonic State

New EMS Synthi Compilation
Aims To Ensure The Story Of EMS Continues Well Into The Future 28-Jul-09

EMS has announced the upcoming release of The Synthi Group Vol. 1, a compilation of tracks created with classic EMS gear, like the VCS3, Synthi A + AKS, Synthi 100, Synthi E, Synthi Logik and the Soundbeam:

The Synthi Group have honed the original pioneering spirit and DIY ethic of EMS with their Volume series, a collection of sounds encompassing beautiful dreamscapes, synaesthetic visions, dark ambience, aural abstractions, sonic absurdities, pulsating analog, glitch, ring modulators, and envelope shapers generating trapezoidal geometry. Beginning with Volume 1, the Synthi Group compilations aim to ensure the story of EMS continues well into the future of electronic music production.

The Synthi Group Vol.1 will be released at Clinical Archives net label in the middle of August 2009. Format: MP3, Quality: 320Kbps, 44,1KHz.

Links:

* The Synthi http://www.thesynthi.de/index.php?/archives/85-Preview-The-Synthi-Grou p-Vol.1.html
* The Synth Group http://thesynthigroup.blogspot.com/
bdhm
hi°
this is a great software solution for an EMS "emulation" !

"XILS 3
The XILS 3 is a virtual instrument based on the of the architecture of a classic matrix based modular synthesiser."

http://www.xils-lab.com/

best wishes,
bd
a100user
I'd seen that before and thought it looked good.

However I try and avoid too much software synthesis on my Mac unless it does something that I can't do easily in my modular.

I'd be interested in feedback from someone who bought it though as the audio clips are good and do have a flavour of the Synthi.
bdhm
hello,
I think Xavier (he is the maker of XILS-3 and was before the programmer for Arturia and Eiosis. ) is the man for "emulations" of analogue synths !

but just try the demo.

I know a lot of Synthi owners who prefer to use the software "emulation" for a live gig than the original EMS.

best wishes,
bd
Peake
The things that are good about the VCS3 are highly unlikely to be replicated in digital. And won't they be releasing a CD? I'd get a CD before any mp3... seriously, i just don't get it
bdhm
bd
don h
The recording was the EMS list project, btw. I don't know where Sonic State got EMS has announced, I mentioned it to Robin after it had gone underway.

a100user wrote:
Posted on Sonic State

Aims To Ensure The Story Of EMS Continues Well Into The Future 28-Jul-09

EMS has announced the upcoming release of The Synthi Group Vol. 1, a compilation of tracks created with classic EMS gear, like the VCS3, Synthi A + AKS, Synthi 100, Synthi E, Synthi Logik and the Soundbeam:

bdhm
... sorry. my message was a little bit confusing.
because is was about different subject.

BugBrand!

bd
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1