MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blank panels for Serge?...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Blank panels for Serge?...
chorus7
Hi Joe here. Does Rex offer blank panels for the M-Modules? Lets say I get a Creature but leave the other side blank ( hopefully not for long ) can I get a blank panel to fill the other side?

Thanks in advance...

Joe
kkonkkrete
Nope. I asked about this. He said the hole is there to encourage you to fill it.
razz

I think it shouldn't be hard to get someone to make one for you, though. If you *really* want this, I can ask my metal shop how much it would cost. It would not be coated though, just a simple plate of aluminium or stainless.
jenamu6
kkonkkrete wrote:
Nope. I asked about this. He said the hole is there to encourage you to fill it.

Nicely said, almost sounds like some ancient asian budha/confusius wisdom quote. thumbs up
NV
A decent metal shop should be able to cut you a blank for hardly anything. If you're nice enough when you walk in they might even do it for free - that much aluminum is literally pennies and the labor is about 1 minute. If you can't find a decent metal shop in your area Front Panel Express will do the same job, although for a premium price.

If you have a dremel or jigsaw you could always just buy a thin sheet of aluminum at a home improvement store then cut it to the right size and drill holes to mount it. Working with thin aluminum is not nearly as hard as it may seem.
chorus7
Yep that does sound like something Rex would say hihi

I think the DIY way will work...I've worked in metal before so it shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks again for the answers...

Joe

P.S Today is the day I call REX for my order!!!...
chorus7
"The sound of one M-module clapping" hihi
pickleinn
chorus7 wrote:
Hi Joe here. Does Rex offer blank panels for the M-Modules? Lets say I get a Creature but leave the other side blank ( hopefully not for long ) can I get a blank panel to fill the other side?

Thanks in advance...

Joe

i just bought some blank panels from
Onlinemetals

for just a few bucks. they do custom cuts.

Ryan
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1