MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

GRM Tools 50% off sale
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author GRM Tools 50% off sale
stepwriterun
FYI -- Until October 7th GRM Tools is 50% off at Don't Crack ($399 for all of the plugins).

If I didn't already have this I'd buy it. Always good for further manipulating the stuff coming out of your modular.

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2012/09/grm-tools-promotion/
comaduster
Excellent deal on some excellent plugs. The new ones are awesome for mangling stuff up.
Noise for Fiction
I would buy if there was no ilok d'oh!
I have all the classics and they are really great plugins
hems
Noise for Fiction wrote:

yeah, am considering some kind of wireless usb bullshit. but honestly, so far i can't get bothered..

http://www.iogear.com/product/GUWH104KIT/?ClickID=c7peqavpnx4v7llfn44k zlfsfw47vs4nxzxz
ringstone
Noise for Fiction wrote:

Yes, iLok puts me off too. Plus, when I looked into buying these years ago when they were discounted to half price, I was put off by the really underwhelming customer service. I was contemplating breaking my no-iLok policy (after all, these are really, really good plugins!) but given how little interest they could muster when just _selling_ me the bloody things I held out little hope as to whether they would even answer my emails if I ever had a problem once purchased.

Cheers
Blair
dkcg
Ilok's not that bad. Try microguard, flexLM, or any of the software dongles from the 90's, now those are a pain in the ass.

I'd say after Soundtoys, the GRM tools are a must have for sound design.
ringstone
dkcg wrote:
Ilok's not that bad. Try microguard, flexLM, or any of the software dongles from the 90's, now those are a pain in the ass.

Well, that's certainly true. I remember having one package on our systems that required a key to be de-installed (back on to a 5.25" floppy disk!) and then re-installed when a client moved PC. Given I was supporting over a hundred of the damn things, with hard drives that were close to end-of-life... and that package was their equivalent of MS Office (ie no work could be done without it) it was a complete recipe for disaster.

Cheers
Blair
stepwriterun
I don't do anything outside of my home studio so the ilok doesn't bother me one bit, but if I had to play out it might, especially the V1 ilok, which is pretty big. The new ilok is smaller and seems sturdier.
Funky40
Its an old thread, but hey, its time again:
the INA-GRM Tools are 50% off, until march 31, 2019

https://inagrm.com/en/store
requires an ILOK account !

my opinion:
if you´re into this kind of FX uses are the GRM Tools *VERY* recommended.

But: it might take its time to understand what FX will work in which situation and how* to setup the 8 presets that are on access thru the morph slider.
Absolutely essential for many of the FX to be used in conjunction with the morph........well, its called: "superslider" !

Demo is available it seems. requires also an ilok account much likely

*edit: means: the parameter/settings correlation of the presets to its previous-next preset.
the workflow itself is super easy.
Funky40
hehe, just snagged me a second lizence. very happy !
modular wants to be GRM´ed wink

warp, warp, bzhhh, bzuhh , zss, zhhhss hihi
kesserich
I dl'd the demos but for some reason I can't get the modulators inside of bitwig to actually change the parameters. There's an option called 'midi' which is apparently disabled for the demo. Could this be preventing me from modulating the parameters?
Funky40
at least i can´t help you. No Bitwig. ........and overall only manual wiggling here
The support has been very communicative in cases i needed to contact them
kesserich
Funky40 wrote:
at least i can´t help you. No Bitwig. ........and overall only manual wiggling here
The support has been very communicative in cases i needed to contact them

Turns out it was just a limitation of the demo. All the bigwig modulators work fine with the full versions.

I'm still having trouble getting the aux input to work with grinder though. What's the best way to contact support? I can't find an email on their website.
peripatitis
Evolution and Grinder seem nice, and perhaps some of the new space ones.
But the rest seem quite mediocre to me, if not "burnt" by their endless use in most acousmatic pieces ever created...
Funky40
kesserich wrote:
I can't find an email on their website.

i couldn´t find it either now
there is somewhere a contact form on their page.
i contacted them a few weeks back ( but don´t like to give here mails out)

deal ends tomorrow. and you won´t get an re over the weekend much likely.........
Funky40
peripatitis wrote:
......... if not "burnt" by their endless use in most acousmatic pieces ever created...

i for example even don´t know what "acousmatic music " is wink

i had over the last two years changing favorites within the GRM tools.
But usually its indeed just two-three VSTs i allways use.
But then, those have a HUGE value for me. ......look what a nice module costs, then come from there wink

i personally had to learn to use the GRM plugs.
its imo not so easy to use them to their potential.
the trick is the superslider and often the trick is to do very specific patches ( presets ) .....often the key is to keep the changes subtle !

whatever others have donne, no, i disagree, that kind of FX is not overused.
the guitar of one guitar player sounds also like the Guitar of the other btw. ........has this ever been a problem ?

to me, the point is the potential to dive into my own creative uses.
i´ve turned the sound of pianoteq while playing in realtime into something quite reminiscent to a trumpet and also a trombone.
fantastic experience ! .....never heard such thing bevore.......( yes, i saved that FX patch, hehe )
e-grad
Funky40 wrote:
i for example even don´t know what "acousmatic music "

Music to be presented using speakers oppossed to sheet music that is performed.

Guess the term acousamtic music "replaced" terms such as musique concrète bcs. of the conceptual reference of the latter. Thus acousmatic music is more open since it is - to my best knowledge - not aligned to any school.
Funky40
this was the second entry in a playlist that YT provided when tiping in: acousmatic music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWM4geO0YM&list=RDQMBNimyNEtFKQ&index =2

yeah, i thought i might be in this direction wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1