MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Krell
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Author Krell
Mark II
Based on mr. Bartons approach to the Krell I patched another one. Ran out of cables on this one

Mainly Elements and Rings through two A-141-2s with random A and R, and various modulations added. I like running FMed VCOs through Rings In.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/markvangaalen/your-sequence-or-mine[/s]
iamalanivierra
https://youtu.be/gt25C0Cotlw
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Just as an aside, my wife and I watched "Forbidden Planet" the other night. What a dumb movie! I was really disappointed as I expected it to be a lot better. However, the soundtrack is marvellous.
SavageMessiah
Stuck together a basic krell patch to unwind from a crappy day at work.

http://imayeti.com/music/orkrellstral_stings.mp3

CV is quadra and shifty, randomness is actually tapped off of a Quantum Rainbow because why not. The titular stings are Plaits' granular cloud mode.

Let me know if that link doesn't stream for anybody, I don't feel like dealing with soundcloud when I've got my little $10 a year shared host to put things in. razz
Mark II
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Just as an aside, my wife and I watched "Forbidden Planet" the other night. What a dumb movie! I was really disappointed as I expected it to be a lot better. However, the soundtrack is marvellous.

At least your wife kept you company, which is really cool. I had to sit this one out alone. Only the score kept me from marking it as ‘watched’ halfway through ....
Had to detox with ‘The radio is broken’ from The man from Utopia ...
wsy
Mark II wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

At least your wife kept you company, which is really cool. I had to sit this one out alone. Only the score kept me from marking it as ‘watched’ halfway through ....
Had to detox with ‘The radio is broken’ from The man from Utopia ...

I do *hope* you guys are kidding.

Also, realize that Forbidden Planet (including the soundtrack) was done in 1956. The transistor
had only been invented nine years before, Computers used vacuum tubes and occupied entire buildings. Nothing
had ever been launched into orbit.

Put yourself in a 1956 headset and watch it again. Widescreen, with popcorn and beer. :-)
Dcramer
I saw it as a child in the late 60’s in the theatre.
By that point we’d all been watching the robot on TV for years.
If memory serves me correctly, the Krell music from the movie isn’t quite what the original patch creates. hmmm.....
I just think it’s cool how Barton gave it that great name, giving it such a great connection to my childhood. w00t
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Well wsy, in fact we both thought that the special effects and technical stuff was fantastic. It's the story that left me pretty disappointed. About half the movie was an excuse to see the lovely Anne Francis in a seemingly endless succession of tiny little dresses (not that I'm complaining or anything). I just thought they could have worked on the story and the script just a little harder.
schwittersplayspop
Yeah, it's not exactly Shakespeare.
wsy
schwittersplayspop wrote:

Hahahaha!!!

Yeah, not _exactly_.

Prospero == Morbius
Miranda == Altaira
Ariel == Robbie
Sycorax (never seen) == Krell (never seen)
Caliban (child of Sycorax) == Morbius's overpowered id-monster
Ferdinand == Capt. Adams
Rightful throne == Krell technology

... and so on...
Mark II
The pointed brassieres ...

Now how would a patch like that sound?
gonkulator
wsy wrote:

Hahahaha!!!

Yeah, not _exactly_.

Prospero == Morbius
Miranda == Altaira
Ariel == Robbie
Ferdinand == Capt. Adams

... and so on...

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I have always found it an interesting movie, plus, given that Sci-Fi, though really popular during that time, was always considered B status stuff. This and The Day the Earth Stood Still bucked that a bit. The other interesting thing about much of this movie is its seeming precursor status to Star Trek. The parts that don't age well don't matter to me, I can see past that stuff. Makes it easy to watch any old movie that is worth watching.
gis_sweden
help

but i like my spring reverb timpani hihi
VortexRanger
Krell music comp on Flag Day Recordings for Cassette Store Day:

https://flagdayrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/the-great-krell-machine-v ol-i
wsy
gonkulator wrote:
wsy wrote:

Hahahaha!!!

Yeah, not _exactly_.

Prospero == Morbius
Miranda == Altaira
Ariel == Robbie
Ferdinand == Capt. Adams

... and so on...

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I have always found it an interesting movie, plus, given that Sci-Fi, though really popular during that time, was always considered B status stuff. This and The Day the Earth Stood Still bucked that a bit. The other interesting thing about much of this movie is its seeming precursor status to Star Trek. The parts that don't age well don't matter to me, I can see past that stuff. Makes it easy to watch any old movie that is worth watching.

Also a precursor to Firefly.

Note that the "origin planet" of the Firefly Reavers is the planet that starship C-57D crash-landed on.

One might be tempted to assume it's the _same_ C-57D from Forbidden Planet. Maybe just trivia, maybe a shout-out, maybe not.

- Bill
gis_sweden
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnTSX0LgyB6/?taken-by=gis_sweden
More Krell Muzak oops
soundslikejoe
[s]https://soundcloud.com/user-455141782/diatonic-krell[/s]
Eurocat
I don’t know why but I don’t see the love for the krell sound. To my earls it sounds horrible. Is it nostalgic for some people? I also think Richard Devine’s music is annoying as hell as well so maybe it’s just me.
gonkulator
Eurocat wrote:
I don’t know why but I don’t see the love for the krell sound. To my earls it sounds horrible. Is it nostalgic for some people? I also think Richard Devine’s music is annoying as hell as well so maybe it’s just me.

Do you feel the same for other aleatoric or algorithmic music as well? Because there is a lot of it around here. Or is there something more specific to these types that doesn't do it for you?
cptnal
soundslikejoe wrote:

Very sweet. thumbs up

I find when I land on a collection of sweet spots I could listen to it for hours, and the hardest part is deciding which part to clip out and call "a track". So kudos on your editing skills among all the rest.
BobbyFogtop
cptnal wrote:
soundslikejoe wrote:

Very sweet. thumbs up

I find when I land on a collection of sweet spots I could listen to it for hours, and the hardest part is deciding which part to clip out and call "a track". So kudos on your editing skills among all the rest.

Well, you found some sweet spots there. I quite like the slew.
cptnal
BobbyFogtop wrote:
Well, you found some sweet spots there. I quite like the slew.

Most kind, thank you. Guinness ftw!
JoeFuture
Krell of the day:

VortexRanger
[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1953494314 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=e99708]
donttellmom
Looking for some advice on improving my first attempts at a Krell patch. I have a (mostly) Mannequins set up along with a Disting mk4 for S&H and a Make Noise Function as the "driver". Here are my patch notes:

- One Mangrove provides FM modulation to another, which goes through the Sisters BP filter and into the output.
- MN Function in cycling mode provides an envelope to Mangrove's VCA, and EOC to trigger the Disting.
- Disting's output provides pitch data for the carrier Mangrove
- Just Friends provides LFO modulation for the envelopes Rise/Fall, the FM index of the carrier Mangrove, and the frequency of the BP filter.
- Some HOF reverb and Supa Puss delay on the effects bus

I'm struggling to get the longer, evolving patterns I'm used to hearing in other Krell patches. Mine fluctuates, but rather quickly, and seems to remain in a relatively narrow sonic territory. I believe this might be because I've used LFOs in place of some random sources I've seen in Krell patch diagrams. What can I do to change this? Idk maybe I'm crazy and this is working out. I have Pam's New Workout as well, which I've yet to bring into the mix.

krell test
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next [all]
Page 18 of 19