MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla News !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Buchla News !
amnesia
i spoke to don and was given an 8 week wait
momo
w00t z
amnesia wrote:
yes I figure if something else comes out i can grab it :-)

That sounds wise. As tempting as it must be to want to populate all spaces, one never knows what is around the corner. The Pendulum / Ratchet is great and who knows what else will come out of the Eardrill stable. I have to say it really is a fantastic time to be taking the 200e plunge.
Malekko
does anyone know how the 201e-3u connects with the main cab?
cbm
amnesia wrote:
yes Chris it should be a 259e and 261e

I remain ever-vigilant: your 222e sections should also line up :-)
divisionbyzero
Malekko wrote:
does anyone know how the 201e-3u connects with the main cab?

there's a black ribbon cable that connects the 222e spatial sensor to the keyboard for both power and data. when both sections are mounted in boats the cable runs behind your system and connects via sockets on the top and bottom boat (typically the spatial sensor is on the top boat and the keyboard is on the bottom; i don't believe the middle boats have space for this connector). when you use the 201e-3u you get a longer ribbon cable which can run underneath your system and connect to the frame-mounted keyboard so that you can lay the keyboard flat in front of the bottom boat. i suppose you could get a longer cable made if you want to have the keyboard somewhere other than in front of your system.
xart
governor blacksnake
don h
okay...
cbm
The reason you don't hear more Buchla on the radio: fear of feedback.
Lyonel
Excuse me but... what is a Pentaphonic Demodulator ? hmmm.....
Lyonel
Ok, i located the pentaphonic mystery.
It's either a chinese scale or a breakthrough in contemporary harmony by Christophe Looten (bi-pentaphonique),
or a surround distribution in 5.0 or 5.1 or perhaps a band in Belgium. Taped Shut
Well, it seems to be a sort of modulation splitter, non ?
xart
or maybe a cv-controlled polyphonic radio transceiver thumbs up
///OSS
xart wrote:
or maybe a cv-controlled polyphonic radio transceiver thumbs up

that sounds very interesting if it were the case, Im going to say you might have pegged it in the head.. multiple frequency radio receiver or a single frequency pitch shifted a few times with individual outputs for harmonic content of the same signal with various CV outs... talk about random madness..LOL

could that be something like the "Mod Demod" eurorack module?
ndkent
Lyonel wrote:
ndkent wrote:
unless you get lucky or I'm always unlucky, Don may or may not ship your first modules by the 7 month mark. I'm nearly 8 months right now.

i don't really understand that ...
Do you think he has forgotten you or perhaps your command is very unique ?

I don't think my order was unique, I guess it's somewhat a matter of luck how long it takes or if Buchla's estimated ship dates are accurate.

I was just writing that I was trying to do something probably quite similar to what ex_dead_teenager is trying to do. Buy a module maybe every month or 2 months and have them come in as I'm saving up for the next one. Maybe some people get their modules in 2 months but that only happened for me with one module. Right now I've been waiting since last December for a 210e. I did have one module ship within a month, but my first one was supposed to ship from stock but I guess I got bumped into a 6 month wait on that one (291e).
ndkent
Googling 272e I found a post on a forum by Ezra Buchla from April 30 --

Quote:

i got to dance with this thing a few weeks ago, it was lovely like
handling a 5-dimensional sculpture. it will sound good with the buchla
272e cv-controlled polyphonic radio transceiver...

p.s. pentaphonic means 5 sounds, pentatonic would be a 5 note scale
amnesia
is that a load of bud blurred underneath the firmware?

wow i cant sell my home to buy more BUchla...

any ideas on a release date for this 272e?
amnesia
I never understood the die hard mac fans, but I think I have become a die hard Buchla fan.

Saying that I bought my first Mac this year and just spent 4 days in Malaysia and went to 3 apple shops! what is happening to me??? SHame there wasnt a Buchla store.

I would love to go to Buchla and Assc and meet Don, my brother met him and didnt know who he was.
science
As of Friday I spoke with Buchla and now have a 259e being built to ship with my system Mr. Green
Lyonel
Great, i expect it will not delay for too many months your Order.
Don't you want to wait for the Penta-Mystery ?
dougcl
ndkent wrote:
Googling 272e I found a post on a forum by Ezra Buchla from April 30 --

Apr 30, 2007
dougcl
Hey, look at those lovely verbos and ZOe images. If you have them in the normal size can you post them here so I can get them into Rack Planner?
Edit: nevermind
Lyonel
ndkent wrote:
pentaphonic means 5 sounds, pentatonic would be a 5 note scale

Indeed, and it seems that the English meaning is more rigorous, but in French two acceptations are possible ;
For example, the name for the usual scale (5 first Lyu) in Chinese musical theory is "Gamme Pentaphonique",
other example, the "Bi-Pentaphonique" mode : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mode_bi-pentaphonique.
amnesia
April 30 2007 you serious..I was really excited for a day....great day by the way :-)
bwhittington
So, given the market for Buchla today, what do you think the bidding would reach if B&A auctioned off a functional prototype of a one of a kind, never to be released module called the 272e Pentaphonic Demodulator?

Cheers,
Brian
prscrptn
dougcl wrote:
Hey, look at those lovely verbos and ZOe images. If you have them in the normal size can you post them here so I can get them into Rack Planner?

Let's get a photo of the Pendulum Ratchet for the planner too! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4