MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Choices: Possible to dismount the joystick for travel?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Choices: Possible to dismount the joystick for travel?
Knights Who Say Neve
I am putting together a mobile system. I am wondering if it's possible to dismount / remount the joystick arm from the unit to get a little more clearance.
RealDudes
IIRC the pots that are controlled by the stick are held in with screws and the base of the shaft goes into these guide things. looks like a pain to have to put together and take apart, seems like having a taller lid on your case would be a much more elegant solution
edit to add photo and this: when the stick is all the way down, it's not much taller than the knobs, like maybe a quarter inch or so
Umcorps
You can unscrew the handle from the shaft. If you lie the stick down after doing that its about the same clearance as the knobs. But, as has been said, its not much bigger if you leave the handle attached, plus you don't have to work about losing it.

I have managed to completely dislocate the stick on mine by closing my case without remembering to lie the stick down first. I managed to pop it back into place without problem but I wouldn't recommend it as a routine course of action. hihi
flight
All in all, a taller lid is the only real choice. You can remove the joystick on the pre-r2 versions, but be careful with the old type with three screws, as that holds the stick itself into the main joystick assembly.
Umcorps wrote:
You can unscrew the handle from the shaft. If you lie the stick down after doing that its about the same clearance as the knobs. But, as has been said, its not much bigger if you leave the handle attached, plus you don't have to work about losing it.

This only works on the cylindrical handles. The tapered style are epoxied at the factory.

Quote:
I have managed to completely dislocate the stick on mine by closing my case without remembering to lie the stick down first. I managed to pop it back into place without problem but I wouldn't recommend it as a routine course of action. hihi

d'oh!
I'm-a pretend I didn't read that.
>.>
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1