MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Has anyone here built a euro format Klee?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Has anyone here built a euro format Klee?
jonkull
If you have would you care to share your panel design and maybe the part numbers for the appropriate knobs, sliders, switches and such? This will be my first DIY project and while I can solder I'm stressing about the panel design and wiring.
Junk Rhythm
I have two sets of PCBs that I am just starting to stuff. Once I get through them I will begin the front panel layout. I can post the part numbers and .FPD file at that point. Still unsure if I'm going sliders or all knobs.
sduck
While this forum is pretty cool and all that, I'd advise moving over to the Electro-music.com forums, especially the dedicated Klee forums, for questions like this. And read all the threads there - take the time, it's worth it! I believe there have been one or more euro klees built, but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't help - mine is in motm format, and it is pretty cramped even at that size.
Scott Stites
Yes, it does help to keep the Klee technical support all in one place. I have no clue as to how fora work, and don't know if it would even be possible, but it would be cool if these threads could be mirrored between the two, for everybody's convenience.

In any event, my goal is to have anybody who embarks on a Klee build to actually have a Klee in the end. If it boils right down to it, and you have a Klee wired up and ready to go, and on-line tech support isn't going anywhere, I will accept a sad Klee being shipped to me, and I'll get it working. I've done this before. I do not charge a dime for this - it's a labor of love on my part. Just cover shipping (my wife wouldn't stand for me paying to send it back). And, make sure it's a "last resort" situation. I have a day gig, and I wouldn't want to tick people off if I get plugged up with Klees and end up making a lot of people wait.

In the vast majority of cases, if people do have a problem, it's solved on the forum. We've got a number of people now that know quite a bit about the gazzins and gazzouts and guts of the Klee, and what to look for.

Plord, I know yours has been on the back-burner for a while. If you need any help, let me know.

Cheerios,
Scott
Luka
so has mine
im waiting for a new panel though
Scott Stites
I suppose this wouldn't qualify as a Euro... lol

Rack width works, at least for me. I dunno, maybe something with some FEnds and FEars?

Also, I know the modular panels group was working on a design (though it may not be Euro). I should contact Scott Deyo to see how that came out or is coming along.

fonik
i did:

astroschnautzer
fonik, that looks pretty impressive. Does the klee run on 15v or has anybody tried 12v?
Scott Stites
I love Fonik's Klee. I didn't realize it was a Euro thing, Fonik.

The Klee is specified to operate at either +/-12V or +/-15V. There are resistor values that are selected for getting either 5V gate/triggers or 10V gate/triggers with either 12V or 15V operation, and instructions for which values to use in the build document. I think Bill Manganaro provides all the values in his parts kit.

Here's a link to the build document:

http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=15322

And an overview here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/download.php?id=10343
astroschnautzer
thanks, i will look into these.
wetterberg
To clarify; I don't think making a *module* Klee to fit inside a euro-rack makes a lot of sense, to be honest. It'll end up being at least VERY close to 84HP, in which case why not just do a 3U rack and be done with it? You'll save a relatively enormous amount of money from not putting it inside euro.
johnnymad
I agree!
Popski
fonik wrote:
i did:

wow! gorgeous!! love

sliders > pots
jenamu6
Fonik can I order one like that from you?

I'll clean your house and wash your car, cook you diner........hell I'll even do a pole dance on your dinning table(that's a threat).

applause applause applause applause applause applause
Funky40
wetterberg wrote:
To clarify; I don't think making a *module* Klee to fit inside a euro-rack makes a lot of sense, to be honest. .

i disagree.
finally it really depends on the certain situation.
If one has 3x 9HE Eurocase and takes this on stage, where would one put a 19" Klee ?.

wetterberg wrote:
It'll end up being at least VERY close to 84HP,.

yup, it will be 84TE ! smaller than 84TE will be very cramped.

wetterberg wrote:
................... in which case why not just do a 3U rack and be done with it? Y

it just depens on your racking situation what is best.
You just cannot generalise this all.
For me a 19" enclousere would not work.

wetterberg wrote:
You'll save a relatively enormous amount of money from not putting it inside euro.

Here you are wrong. but again: it REALLY depend on the situation.
for me it will be much cheaper and easier to go with a Europanel.

jon, my layout is not finished and it is Abacom frontdesiger, but main layout is done.
Waht i can do is help you with spacings if you find nothing that suits.
going for a full enclousure might help to get a better Wiring situation
jonkull
wetterberg wrote:
To clarify; I don't think making a *module* Klee to fit inside a euro-rack makes a lot of sense, to be honest. It'll end up being at least VERY close to 84HP, in which case why not just do a 3U rack and be done with it? You'll save a relatively enormous amount of money from not putting it inside euro.

Because I already have a rack to mount it in and a power supply to connect it to. How will it save me money to not do this?
jonkull
fonik wrote:
i did:

This looks beautiful. Nice design.
Ken MacBeth
- that is a sweet design!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1