MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

what headphones with Buchla 200e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author what headphones with Buchla 200e
amnesia
Just out of interest what headphones do people listen to when using the 200e

I love my Sony MDR V6 I find them to be very uncoloured
ndkent
I like variety of monitoring options not one in particular. Especially considering the 200e has 4 channel options. Generally I monitor out my audio interface with some not top of the line but decent mid 1990s Sennheisers - if it's stereo. I generally do the patching with monitors.
Lyonel
Will listen to it with a MDR CD3000 Sony, i have an Ultrasone, but it sounds kind of strange to me.
amnesia
i was thinking about getting some of the top notch Grados..
timmah
grados arent that flat in terms of freq response. also they can be uncomfortable.

I prefer sennheiser HD650 or 600s. great headphones and super comfy.
amnesia
HI Timmah

I am just about to get on the plane back to Melbourne :-)

I had some Grados once , the lower end models and they were great sounding but agree they were really uncomfortable
LDT
Quote:
great sounding but agree they were really uncomfortable

+1

For modular noodling you definitely need comfiness.
Everytime peaple speak of headphones, I say this: Get AKG K701!
Everything about them is good.

(I should be on AKG payroll meh )
prscrptn
I use Sony MDR - v6; they are very comfortable and have a flat response.
wetterberg
I agree with prscrptn, the Sony MDRs are monitor-grade, nice and flat response, and they'll take all the bass you can throw at them, quite unlike open headphones - for subby stuff you need good isolation.

I use the Sony MDR 7509, and they're INCREDIBLY comfortable, yet they'll boom like nobodys business. They're also loud enough to use on stage SlayerBadger!
antennafarm
i don't have a 200e (shame on me!), but i've been using a pair of sony mdr-7506's for something along the lines of nine years and they've really taken a beating (literally: travels in the US and europe, afghanistan, iraq) and still sound great (actually, i think they've kinda gotten better). they look a little ratty now but are extremely comfortable.
amnesia
my MDR V6s have been with me now for 5 years and i have changed the pads over to the velvet, real nice i remember trying sennheisers and the sonys when buying them in singapore and went with the mdrv6 because they seemed most accurate...i did own some AKG 770s but they added too much bass...i dont understand why people would want anything but an uncoloured sound???
Lyonel
amnesia wrote:
my MDR V6s have been with me now for 5 years and i have changed the pads over to the velvet?

you're lucky , my MDR CD3000 Pads disaggregate and it seems there is nothing i could do. seriously, i just don't get it
amnesia
Beyer DT250 velour pads.
Lyonel
Thanks Ross, will try that after vacation. Boat
rlainhart
I use the Sony MDR-V900, which I'm very happy with - they're comfortable and accurate, as far as I can tell. I don't think they're made anymore, but I believe the MDR-V900HD is the current incarnation.
Reptil
rlainhart wrote:
I use the Sony MDR-V900, which I'm very happy with - they're comfortable and accurate, as far as I can tell. I don't think they're made anymore, but I believe the MDR-V900HD is the current incarnation.

yes, I have those too.
the emaphasis is on the high freq. range, compared to my sennheisers (various HD25) and AKG (K301). Erikah Badu used these Sony headphones for her last album, appearantly they alow female vocalists to focus on their voice better.
oh I don't have a buchla, but some nice studio stuff.

I'm going to get some Beyerdynamic DT-770 they sound very good to me (freq. response is balanced inbetween the HD25 and the MDR)

take care you got the right impedance to match with any headphone amp. (lower ohms is easier to drive from amp)
cheers
It's peanut butter jelly time!
amnesia
i had some DT 770 they added too much bottom end
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1