MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hope from Asia - trying to catch up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Author Hope from Asia - trying to catch up
Muff Wiggler
Hi guys

just got home from my APAC trip, did some work in Hong Kong and Australia

I have a short trip to take mid-week, then I'll be home for the next two before the ultra-epic "circumnavigate the globe" trip at the end of the month.... finally getting to Tokyo! And many other places as well. We area heading east, and have a few stops to make, but will keep going east the entire time until we get back home again. I travel a LOT but have never gone around the entire earth in one go - really exciting!

Anyway many many apologies for neglecting you all the past while. There is simply no way to express at all how busy I am, it's insanity. My most extreme gratitude goes out to sandyb for carrying so much weight in terms of helping out around here, and to the other mods as well - and also to all the members in this community for being cool, taking care of each other, and upholding the vibe I've tried to keep here since day one. You guys are all incredible.

Anyway, I will be trying over the next two or three days to catch up on the enormous backlog of PMs and emails I haven't been able to get to. Some of them go WAY back and I do apologize and I feel terrible - I am not trying to ignore ANY of you, it's just that the stuff that pays the bills has been all-encompassing lately. Really sorry and I do hope you'll get a response (finally!) very soon. Many many thanks for your patience and again deep apologies.

cheers
JohnLRice
Be safe an have fun in your journeys, Muff!

Hey, If you just happen to run into a place that has some really large gongs (38" to 50") for a really low price shipped to Tacoma WA 98406 USA (like under $700 for 44" or smaller and under $1500 for 48" and larger . .let me know if you have time! help hyper
dougcl
Reminds me of a letter to the editor in Spy magazine:

Quote:
I was somewhat bemused by “The Boys Who Would Be Buckley,” which prattled on [sic] Bill Buckley – positioning him, as it were, for a kick into the dustbin of rhetorical has-beens. My husband and I were among a gang of 98 who recently voyaged 23 days on a continent-hurdling circumnavigation of the globe via the Concorde.

Our regimen was one of journeys on sight-seeing coaches, train trips, helicopter dashes over a smouldering volcano, whirling over New Zealand alps, gazing spellbound at a primeval canvas of elephants, lions, zebras in Kenya.

Since Bill Buckley was the celebrity presence aboard, he was an object of perfunctory curiosity on our ærial excursion. I recall him ensconced pencil in hand before sheafs of paper perusing and researching for his commentaries. Among our 98 empyrean sojourners, we saw no ink-stained wretch or tedious raconteur, caricatured as a “toothless cat in winter” in your imaginative yarn.

I’ll remember Bill Buckley as one always amiable, given to civility, an infections smile and piquant wit.

Take heart, Bill[,] baby. [T]here was once another “intellectual lion” who in his sixties rallied the world to a triumph of the human spirit. I allude to W.S.C.

Mrs. Susan Scott Gladwin
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

Did you talk this way before your continent-hurdling circumnavigation, Mrs. Gladwin?
Muff Wiggler
lol!

i do wish my travelling was all self-indulgant and posh but it's not!!

(and that isn't to say I don't enjoy it or feel IMMENSELY lucky for these opportunities)

but it's really 95% work and legs of travel between work

for example, we left Hong Kong at 10:00 in the evening, flew through the night, landed in Sydney at 6:30am and RUSHED to clear customs, get in a taxi to the office, change into work clothes in the bathroom (crazy exhausted) then spend the next 10 hours working, on the wee little bit of sleep we had on our plane.

I know it sounds cool and it is - but we REALLY pay for it in hard, exhausting schedules and hard work... in many cases we don't see much of a place except hotel, taxicab and officebuilding (and these things are very similar everywhere), so it can be frustrating to travel so far, to such a cool place, and not get a chance to look around. it certainly never feels posh and fancy

bah ok, yeah guess I'm all poshy-poshy man.... so there razz
sunsinger
JohnLRice wrote:
Be safe an have fun in your journeys, Muff!

Hey, If you just happen to run into a place that has some really large gongs (38" to 50") for a really low price shipped to Tacoma WA 98406 USA (like under $700 for 44" or smaller and under $1500 for 48" and larger . .let me know if you have time! help hyper

Hey John, It's called Wuhan Province in China. Wuhan makes the best gongs in the world...
Kwote
What about Bongs? Who makes the best Bongs?? hmmm.....
ehdyn
Kwote wrote:

Murano?
dkcg
Kwote wrote:

Tommy Chong of course. Still the Chinese, at least partly Chinese. lol
revmutt
wait Muff, just at least let us believe you are a international hired killer or something sexy.
mono-poly
Or both!
mono-poly
btw who wants a bong when you can buy a verdamper ??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read!  
Page 1 of 1