MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Trogotronic M277 Stereo Panning Tube VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author New Trogotronic M277 Stereo Panning Tube VCA
nono.dracula
This looks amazing:

http://www.trogotronic.com/wp/2012/10/05/model-277-m-series-euro-modul e/
burnn_out!
Yes it does love will the euro madness ever cease?!?
Matos
It's weird that modules get released on matrix synth or twitter before here. I guess he doesn't want to preach to the choir.
Anyway, nice little demo video. Red faceplates are swanky.
Buckage
Looks nice. Wonder if it could be used for cleaner more traditional (and controllable) VCA usage or if it adds that troglosonic charm to everything? Combine Overwatch
numan7
stereo pannable high-gain tube overdrive certainly sounds enticing! SlayerBadger! Mr. Green w00t

cheers
radiodread87
Looks like it will be epic smile
Kent
Love this line:

"when Bobs & Dons were Raymonds & Laurens: the synths were wrought of glowing glass tubes and VCAs shaped the sound as well as controlled it."

Dig the crazy-lookin' sequencer on the right:

I get the impression that these are 12AX7 or 12AU7 tubes. They are described as twin-triodes and they look like 12Axx series alright.

I'm really diggin' the dual LEDs for monitoring Amplitude and Drive. I might have gone with yellow and blue as the red could be (I dunno) a bit hard to see against the red panel unless the room is darkened. Plus, yellow is a bit of a tribute.
monstrinho
Buckage wrote:
Looks nice. Wonder if it could be used for cleaner more traditional (and controllable) VCA usage or if it adds that troglosonic charm to everything? Combine Overwatch

Judging from the demo video, this thing does not do subtle. Shame, 'cause I really would be interested in it if it did...
READYdot
Yay! Winter is coming... so wee need some tube warmth! applause
radiodread87
Quote:
Dig the crazy-lookin' sequencer on the right:

Thats the 333M smile its super cool!

This sounds really quite awesome, messed up in all the best of ways smile
suboptimal
radiodread87 wrote:
Thats the 333M smile its super cool!

Hell yeah it is.

This module is going to be a hit.
elektrokick
Love the fact that it needs a separate power supply. Very hardcore SlayerBadger!
apertureburn
dammit, so now it looks like i love the sound of overdrive from tubes. another mini black hole finds a path in the curvature of space-time to my wallet.
weinglas
F*ck! And i wanted to get rid of my Eurorack ;)
Kent
weinglas wrote:
F*ck! And i wanted to get rid of my Eurorack wink

You and me both, baby. I think that I'm gonna end up with a foldable MakeNoise, Harvestman, Trogo, Analogue Systems case.
vav
Oh fuck yes, a Trog i wanna buy!
ferran
Just read this from the Trogo m333 info....

"And, of course, ALL Trogotronic instruments are hand-made in the stinkin’ USA by subhumans rather than contracted out to the cheapest overseas bidder by the boardroom fascist overlords."

hihi

wow !
John Noble
burnn_out! wrote:
Yes it does love will the euro madness ever cease?!?

Apparently not:

http://eurorackdb.com/node/1351

That's #737 MY ASS IS BLEEDING
theflyingfridge
Is anyone currently using one of these?

I'd love to get some "hands-on" feedback, though the "ears-on" feedback I'm getting from watching that video over and over again is pretty swell on its' own.
hednoize
I don't think it's available yet. Anxiously waiting, myself. hyper
splump
I have one of these on preorder from Escape from Noise. I had thought it should have arrived by now but no such luck. :(

I'll try to post some demos when i get it though.
theflyingfridge
splump wrote:
I have one of these on preorder from Escape from Noise. I had thought it should have arrived by now but no such luck. :(

I'll try to post some demos when i get it though.

That would be phenomenal! I'd love to hear some more of it.

Thanks! thumbs up
DonKartofflo
Well in this video: at 1:48, the overdrive on high still sounds neat. It pretty much sounds like a low drive would be nice and subtle applause
I hope this too has a power connector at the back like the trogo m676 so you can just ran a cable into the back of your case.
splump
Word on the street is it should arrive by next week.. thumbs up

Escape From Noise will supposedly be first in the world to get these delivered. A friendly tip for whomever might be thinking of getting one of these as quickly as possible.
visible cow
I'm really interested in this module. Am I right to assume that the psu is a wallwart? I have a mission 9 and am wondering what the least obtrusive way to incorporate this would be.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7