MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERMONA - fourMulator [Quad Digital LFO]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author VERMONA - fourMulator [Quad Digital LFO]
xtront
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

I'm happy to show you Vermona's new module "fourMulator":
-It's a Quad Digital LFO & Gate-Generator. It contains 4 equal LFOs with 6 waveforms each: Sine, Tri, Saw, Ramp, Pulse and S&H. Units 2, 3 and 4 are clockable or phaseable (!) to LFO1 or the next one to the left. Furthermore you will find beside the Wave-Out: CV-In, Reset-In and Gate-Out (full cycle).

When minimum one LFO is running in Phase-Mode the Gate-out jack will generate a Gate-signal. It's very funky what will happen if all 4 LFOs are running in Phase-Mode: complex controllable Gate-textures are the results! grin

listprice is around 370€, modulewidth is 34TE.

The videos where made with the unlabled prototype:

a good picture will follow asap.
Matos
Sounds sick. Such beefy knobs! I like this trend towards bigger modules. What going on in the first patch. I see the talking synth being modulated, but can't tell what the doepfer modules are.
xtront
Matos wrote:
...What going on in the first patch. I see the talking synth being modulated, but can't tell what the doepfer modules are.

Please have a closer look to the video description on youtube.

There's only A-140 ADSR & A132-1 Dual VCA as expansion to show how does the Gate-out works. wink
anselmi
great module...quite big though!
I think it´s derived from the perfourmer LFOs, same package of features

great that vermona is porting the perfourmer features to euro, I´d love to see the oscillator and filter too...or a little voice module w00t
xtront

love
elektrokick
Looks really good! 4 tempo synced LFOs = fantastic, but I would personally be more interested in a "twoMulator" (2 LFOs and the sync section in 16-18hp) due to limited space in my case! w00t
flo
Looks great applause but too big for me as well ATM seriously, i just don't get it

[offtopic] xtront, are you from Vermona? If so, I find it rather funny that your location says West-Germany, considering the history of Vermona hihi wink [/offtopic]
xtront
Thanks!

oto: no, I'm not from Vermona. I'm just a friend of the company / Thomas Haller and a little bit more. That's it grin
-West germany is correct: near cologne
poladark
So uhm.. can i use the speed/phase knob to multiply/divide the frequency coming to the main clk input when the LFO is set to CLK?

...because if i can - i'm replacing my flame clockwork with this asap smile

...and also how long are the trigger pulses? It's proving somewhat tricky to find modules that play nice with the drumdokta
Stinktier86
I've been wondering. It seems like vermona are putting quite a few interesting modules on the euro market, but there's no product page for these goodies?

I know i can find a little info on two of their modules on the blog, but... well... seriously, i just don't get it

Also, I have to say a TwoMulator, as already mentioned, is a great idea! That would probably be the best compromise for a small performance system.
xtront
Quote:
.. and then i woke up seeing how useful this might be (assuming, of course, that i interpret the functionality correctly). Can it help me do clock division / multiplication?
+
Quote:
can i use the speed/phase knob to multiply/divide the frequency coming to the main clk input when the LFO is set to CLK?

The speedknob is used to multiply/divide the frequency. How good it's as Triggersource... hmm no idea I couldn't check it.
- Trigger-Pulses are always one LFO full cycle long. BTW: fourMulator has a Tap-Tempo generator to clock itself and external stuff like sequencer.

The vermona modules will get an own part on their homepage, they know that! To put 'em on it is a another thing. ^^
-Blog will be shut down in the near feature and all infos integrated on their HP.

A "TwoMulator" COULD be possible in 16/18TE. See, you would loose the wonderful Gate-Seq or the trigger-outs... But: let's don't talk about the unseen land wink
xtront
By the way: All 4 LFOs can also run FREE,too. wink

and if you clock the fourMulator from an external source like a "Kenton Molular Solo" the ext. clock is passed thru to the clock-out.
poladark
xtront wrote:
The speedknob is used to multiply/divide the frequency.
Awesome! I *need* this.
Nuuj
Can you get random triggers like the Clockwork?
netpusher
Gorgeous module!
xtront
sorry, so random triggs. It's not a burst generator. wink

GATE-Seq out works only when minimum one LFO is phased to the LFO on it's left. Maybe you could get interesting results if you phase all LFOs to LFO1 when you reset each LFO from another source. smile
noise brigade
So, when will we see this in the shops
xtront
something around 4 weeks (I think so).
Nuuj
What's the frequency range?
anselmi
xtront wrote:
and if you clock the fourMulator from an external source like a "Kenton Molular Solo" the ext. clock is passed thru to the clock-out.

amazing! it got a multiple! hihi
burnn_out!
The fucking innovations in euro is nuts right now!! For being a niche market, there's so many new and exciting things. I really like the looks of this, it'll be tough love between this and my clockwork..
John Noble
burnn_out! wrote:
The fucking innovations in euro is nuts right now!! For being a niche market, there's so many new and exciting things. I really like the looks of this, it'll be tough love between this and my clockwork..

No kidding, keeping up with the module announcements is getting difficult. woah

Getcher RP filez here:
http://eurorackdb.com/node/1352
tonnu
man ... i'm thinking very hard to replace my SSL mod orgy with this!
i don't use the more advanced features of the mod orgy anyway.

one question--for the "trigger" mode i assume it's one shot? but there's only 1 trigger in for all the 4 LFO's?

thx!
DonKartofflo
aaaand modulation orgy is for sale.
xtront
FrequencyRange is around lower Audio. Not really to use as VCO Replacement.

tonnu wrote:
man ... i'm thinking very hard to replace my SSL mod orgy with this!
i don't use the more advanced features of the mod orgy anyway.
one question--for the "trigger" mode i assume it's one shot? but there's only 1 trigger in for all the 4 LFO's?
thx!

yes, let's do so! ;-) Each LFO has it's own reset-in. the SUM is controllable by clock and a reset for all inc. the Gate-sequencer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4