MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modulargrid.net - the modular planner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next [all]
Author modulargrid.net - the modular planner
jschussler
cackland wrote:
jschussler wrote:
Any chance we could get some additional rack styles at some point? The 4MS pods, for example, and/or Intellijel cases?

That would be nice, although not necessary as you can simply adjust the size to what those specs have.

It's not the size that's the issue, just the look. All the current racks have fairly thick borders. Be nice to have one that's thin.
versipellis
A minimal, thin rack would be nice.
JohnLRice
I've suggested before adding just a solid thin line or solid boarder-less black or grey background, similar to the dotted line and wood backgrounds that are themes used for the pedal boards on ModularGrid. I believe I made the request somewhere in a thread discussing minimum width restrictions, and thankfully the minimum was changed to support cases as small as 20 HP in euro and 6 'HP' in MU and MOTM w00t . . . although there are smaller cases available commercially for the MU format (4, 2 and even 1 'HP') so it's still a compromise to accurately represent certain setups. A generic "zero HP" theme that is just side bars and then the needed HP is just filled in with horizontal bars might be relatively easy to implement, I hope? cool
atrostor
With the "List by Price" bug, I think the issue lies with the modules listed with an estimated price in the user's choice of currency because the manufacturer has specified the price in another currency. When listed from low to high, we first get the estimated price modules from high to low (not sure why it's reversed), followed by a list of modules with no pricing, which apparently there is a tonne of. Oddly, the low-to-high list does not include any modules that is originally priced in the user's choice of currency. When listed from high to low, we get the modules priced in this currency plus some modules with converted prices. Interestingly, the latter does not include the modules listed in the low-to-high list. So for instance, the low-to-high list has the blue panel NerdSeq with a converted price, whereas the high-to-low list has the black and silver panel options, which also have converted prices.
dysonant
Hi there, I have a possible bug. I can view individual module pages, but none of the modules display for me on the module browser page or on the racks/view pages

Possible it is this?
At work, we block content from sites that have invalid certificates for https. It looks like you are using a CDN to serve up a JS library. The https certificate at this URL is not valid https://browser.sentry-cdn.com/4.4.0/bundle.min.js

EDIT: on further investigation it seems that this Javascript file is something that you may be using to track site errors. I am really not sure what is causing this issue for me. It could be that file, it could be something else.
Paranormal Patroler
You mean NONE or some specific modules don't appear?
dysonant
None. It is very weird. The rest of the site renders, for instance, the case/rack will display, but it looks empty. I am not at work now, or I would share a screen shot.
JohnLRice
I was just wishing for a feature that "might" be easy to implement? cool It would be great if there was a "Notes" option per rack (and per pedal board) where at least plain text could be added and edited as needed for recording information that isn't covered by the modules themselves. In particular I was wishing to have power supply information like brand and model of both the supply and distribution boards etc. My largest system is now 14 cases and while I originally started out using the exact same supply and distro boards in each case, over time I've ended up with several different setups. Also jotting down voltage calibrations, date of installation and last calibration, etc might be helpful. Additionally notes about VCO, VCF and other things that might need calibration would be nice. And if possible one to several photos in the notes section could be helpful as a reference, maybe even helpful for insurance/law enforcement in the unhappy event a rack is damaged or stolen?

Maybe notes could be a Unicorn feature only, or limited text only for non-Unicorn and unlimited (or much greater) text and photos for Unicorn?

A button could maybe bring up a floating Notes box or instead maybe a new tab could be added next to the Module Finder and Comments tabs or???
cg_funk
JohnLRice wrote:
I was just wishing for a feature

@JR. You'd probably have better luck posting this over on the ModularGrid "Feature Request" forum instead. I put a link here for you:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/8
cg_funk
JohnLRice wrote:
It would be great if there was a "Notes" option

Yeah, I agree with you though, it'd be nice to be able to put some notes on my rack without having to make a whole new Forum thread. That's a good point!
JohnLRice
cg_funk wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
I was just wishing for a feature

@JR. You'd probably have better luck posting this over on the ModularGrid "Feature Request" forum instead. I put a link here for you:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/8
Thanks, but I've done that before but have gotten more immediate action by posting here for whatever reason. seriously, i just don't get it cool
BlinkyLights
For some reason I do not understand, I can no longer rotate or delete modules from any case *from my phone* (Android, Chrome, FWIW).

I can pull up the given rack on my laptop, and the rorate and delete works fine.

But not on my phone, yet it used to.

Also, what's with the default to a locked rack and those multiple enormous error messages you get when trying to add a module to a locked rack? Can they be turned off? Can the lock default option be set per user?

Everything worked great for a long time, but started tripping in the last few months.

Suggestions or comments?

Thanks.

Love the tool.
solitud
JohnLRice wrote:

From what I can tell this all has something to do with how the € and $ are entered? Modules that don't have a $ value but DO have a € value are sorted into the inverted group. I just did a quick test module and it looks like if a module is added and just a € value is entered, upon submission the $ value is auto generated (and I'm assuming the opposite is probably true where € values are auto generated if just a $ value is entered?).

Yes, I guess that is the problem. You can enter prices in EUR or USD. If the corresponding currency is missing it is converted on read time, e.g. the missing currency is not stored in the database. The sorting fails in this case.

versipellis wrote:
A minimal, thin rack would be nice.

Noted

dysonant wrote:
Hi there, I have a possible bug. I can view individual module pages, but none of the modules display for me on the module browser page or on the racks/view pages

Possible it is this?
At work, we block content from sites that have invalid certificates for https. It looks like you are using a CDN to serve up a JS library. The https certificate at this URL is not valid

Strange, the certificate looks valid here. Btw. that script is used to collect and log JavaScript errors. If it is the cause of errors ...oh the irony.

JohnLRice wrote:
I was just wishing for a feature that "might" be easy to implement? cool It would be great if there was a "Notes" option per rack (and per pedal board)

Added to featurerequest list.

BlinkyLights wrote:
For some reason I do not understand, I can no longer rotate or delete modules from any case *from my phone* (Android, Chrome, FWIW).

confirmed, will look into it

BlinkyLights wrote:

Also, what's with the default to a locked rack and those multiple enormous error messages you get when trying to add a module to a locked rack? Can they be turned off? Can the lock default option be set per user?

The status of the lock should be stored. If you turn it off it should stay off.
bommelito
Hi there,

I want to switch from IE to Firefox (finally!).
However, I am unable to edit my racks in Firefox. I can see all of my racks, but keep getting a "Log In required" message. Funny thing is that with IE everything still works just fine.

Any idea?
solitud
bommelito wrote:
Hi there,

I want to switch from IE to Firefox (finally!).
However, I am unable to edit my racks in Firefox. I can see all of my racks, but keep getting a "Log In required" message. Funny thing is that with IE everything still works just fine.

Any idea?

It should work. If you have any plugins/settings that block cookies disable that.
sitarman
Modulargrid stopped working today on IE11, no modules showing
solitud
sitarman wrote:
Modulargrid stopped working today on IE11, no modules showing

Right, I always forgot that IE. If you ever update your browser drop a message smile
For now it's working again on legacy software.

JohnLRice wrote:
I've suggested before adding just a solid thin line or solid boarder-less black or grey background, similar to the dotted line and wood backgrounds that are themes used for the pedal boards on ModularGrid.

We have now a minimalist theme and it has dotted lines, John!
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/796864

dooj88
we're not worthy we're not worthy
morgulbee
solitud wrote:

Ohhhhh! The minimalist theme is perfect!
adaris
solitud wrote:

Nice
JohnLRice
solitud wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
I've suggested before adding just a solid thin line or solid boarder-less black or grey background, similar to the dotted line and wood backgrounds that are themes used for the pedal boards on ModularGrid.

AWESOME, thanks! applause The minimum rack width is still set to 6 hp though? hmmm..... One of the main reason I was pushing for a minimalist rack theme was for having 4, 2 and even 1 hp racks. eek! I know such small racks probably aren't much interest to eurorack only folks but there are commercially sold racks that size for MU modules. nodnod spinning

And I'm not being demanding for the heck of it, I actually have a 4 MU case! cool

solitud
JohnLRice wrote:
AWESOME, thanks! applause The minimum rack width is still set to 6 hp though? hmmm..... One of the main reason I was pushing for a minimalist rack theme was for having 4, 2 and even 1 hp racks. eek!

O.k. 1 HP unit is possible for MU now.
JohnLRice
solitud wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
AWESOME, thanks! applause The minimum rack width is still set to 6 hp though? hmmm..... One of the main reason I was pushing for a minimalist rack theme was for having 4, 2 and even 1 hp racks. eek!

O.k. 1 HP unit is possible for MU now.
Thank you kind sir! we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy thumbs up
ModusOp
Loving the Minimalist rack option! Just noticed it yesterday!
About to request a silver version to, in my case (pun intended), resemble the Intellijel. grin
Shledge
Few suggestions:

- Any way to have an option to set the minimum HP, rather than the maximum? Or better, have a min/max range so you can only see modules between lets say 12-18hp.
- A comments section for each module underneath the rating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next [all]
Page 69 of 70