MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modulargrid.net - the modular planner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Author modulargrid.net - the modular planner
lohacker
Is it me or the search page is not working correctly since a couple of days?
For every module I search I get the same modules listed one per line (Drum button, pro vcf etc.)

solitud
lohacker wrote:
For every module I search I get the same modules listed one per line (Drum button, pro vcf etc.)

It should work pretty well. For some reason some adblockers started to block this script:

/js/modulargrid.min.js

If you can whitelist that script it should work again. Which blocker are you using? I am still trying to find a solution for this problem ...
lohacker
solitud wrote:
lohacker wrote:

It should work pretty well. For some reason some adblockers started to block this script:

/js/modulargrid.min.js

If you can whitelist that script it should work again. Which blocker are you using? I am still trying to find a solution for this problem ...

Yeah was an adblock thing, I had ublock origin active now I whitelisted the site altogheter and works great. Thanks!
solitud
lohacker wrote:

Yeah was an adblock thing, I had ublock origin active now I whitelisted the site altogheter and works great. Thanks!

Glad it works! It's strange, though. I am using ublock origin with default settings and have no issues. Maybe a different set of filters than you..

And w00t for having Muffs back!
lohacker
solitud wrote:
lohacker wrote:

Glad it works! It's strange, though. I am using ublock origin with default settings and have no issues. Maybe a different set of filters than you..

And w00t for having Muffs back!

w00t w00t w00t

Just for test I've re-enabled ublock and it's working fine as before, but I'll keep whitelisted from now on.
solitud
I have looked a bit deeper into the issue:
Different Adblockers mostly still use the same filter lists.
One list called EasyPrivacy​​​​​ blocks the Sentry script. That is a third party script which ModularGrid uses to log errors.
The main MG script stopped execution if the Sentry script was missing, that lead to the error of broken search and missing modules in racks.
The initialization of the Sentry script is now in a try/catch block, so I hope everything should be working fine, regardless of your chosen browser or adblocker.

Another example where the tool that should help to make the app more stable is the culprit that the app stopped working at all confused
mother misty
I've a question about modulargrid, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there a way to sort modules on the mA they use?

I'm kind of struggling to stay under the 1375mA my Make Noise CV bus case has, being able to sort modules on the mA they use would be incredible useful smile
solitud
mother misty wrote:

being able to sort modules on the mA they use would be incredible useful smile

That is not possible currently. Sorting for the negative rail would be enough?

And while I am here: the Modular News section on MG is refactored.
Who is interested in news from the social channels can see them combined here: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/socialtope/
mother misty
solitud wrote:
mother misty wrote:

being able to sort modules on the mA they use would be incredible useful smile

That is not possible currently. Sorting for the negative rail would be enough?

Personally i'm more interested in the positive rail, as that's the one I'm struggling with to stay under 1375mA.
Awesome tool btw! thumbs up
BananaPlug
Keep in mind that the figures given are generally on the high side. The amount of current a module uses often varies (consider how many outputs or LEDs are being driven) and manufacturers will round the number up. Make your own decision but personally I wouldn’t be too concerned if the total you’ve come up with is 10 or 20 percent over. If you have the modules already, the better way to decide this is to actually measure the current. There’s some wiring involved and you’ll need a decent meter but somewhere on MW you’ll find threads explaining how.
Goominim
Where can I purchase Uoki Toki modules?
deftinwulf
I'd love a way to search modules by a minimum HP width, in addition to maximum and exact.

That way you could start a search that ignores 2hp and 3hp modules, for example, if you know those are too fiddly for your needs.

I'm not sure enough people would use it for it to be worth the effort of implementing, so I would understand it never becoming a thing. Throwing it out there, just in case, w00t
cliffemu
Goominim wrote:

I bought something from him a while back. I found him here and sent a PM.
Goominim
cliffemu wrote:
Goominim wrote:

I bought something from him a while back. I found him here and sent a PM.

Thanks … I'll keep trying. oops
fragletrollet
Modulargrid should implement support for 19" rack gear. I want to reorganize my racks!
EdJ
Is it open source at all? Would love to lend a hand if that's the case.

Biggest gripe - if you move some modules around then go to type in the search box the keyboard shortcuts for the grid still enabled, so searching for something with a "d" in it will duplicate the last module you clicked, etc. very frustrating
brandonlogic
solitud wrote:
VanEck wrote:
Anyone else having issues with screenshots? Whenever I try to use that option, I am getting taken to an "image not found on this server" error. seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks for the report, screenshot server crashed again, happens every couple weeks. Up again.
Reminder to myself: make this thing more robust.

getting the error now. crashed again?
solitud
brandonlogic wrote:
solitud wrote:
VanEck wrote:
Anyone else having issues with screenshots? Whenever I try to use that option, I am getting taken to an "image not found on this server" error. seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks for the report, screenshot server crashed again, happens every couple weeks. Up again.
Reminder to myself: make this thing more robust.

getting the error now. crashed again?

Yes, thanks for reporting, it's up again...
Reminder to myself: make this thing even more robust.
solitud
EdJ wrote:

it's not open source

EdJ wrote:

Biggest gripe - if you move some modules around then go to type in the search box the keyboard shortcuts for the grid still enabled, so searching for something with a "d" in it will duplicate the last module you clicked, etc. very frustrating

mhh. actually that should work. Which browser does the problem occur?
EdJ
solitud wrote:
EdJ wrote:

it's not open source

Shame! But understandable smile

solitud wrote:

EdJ wrote:

mhh. actually that should work. Which browser does the problem occur?

Just chrome. If it helps I frequently open my rack directly from the URL - and I've mostly noticed the problem when I move or delete something then go to replace it. Also I'm using ublock, could be related I guess
solitud
EdJ wrote:

Just chrome. If it helps I frequently open my rack directly from the URL - and I've mostly noticed the problem when I move or delete something then go to replace it. Also I'm using ublock, could be related I guess

The keydown event is bound to the ModularGrid shortcuts when the mouse pointer is above your rack even if the search textfield is in focus.

If you place the mouse pointer off the rack the keyboard shortcuts are unbound.

So try this as a workaround: place the mouse pointer off the rack when typing in search terms in the search field.

And for the users that wonder what the shortcuts are about:

Cursor - cycle through module selection
d - duplicate module
c - copy
v - paste
x - cut, you can copy/paste in different browser windows
f - flip module
z - zoom in/out of module
, - move module as far as possible to the left
. -move module as far as possible to the right
DEL - delete module
ESC - leave keyboard mode, hide edit buttons
ENTER - enter Module Move Mode
solitud
Uploaded a change where the search textfield automatically goes out of focus when the mouse pointer hovers the rack.
Maybe that improves the situation or makes it clearer.
EdJ
solitud wrote:
Uploaded a change where the search textfield automatically goes out of focus when the mouse pointer hovers the rack.
Maybe that improves the situation or makes it clearer.

Cool, I think that solved it smile I'll let you know if I can reproduce in the future SlayerBadger!

Great tool btw - you should be proud
Paranormal Patroler
deftinwulf wrote:
I'd love a way to search modules by a minimum HP width, in addition to maximum and exact.

That way you could start a search that ignores 2hp and 3hp modules, for example, if you know those are too fiddly for your needs.

I'm not sure enough people would use it for it to be worth the effort of implementing, so I would understand it never becoming a thing. Throwing it out there, just in case, w00t

You can set up the width to max, and then sort by HP starting from largest. That way you'll scroll down from the biggest HP you've set and go down to the lowest. No reason to implement something additional.
solitud
New features:

##Height Selectbox
The old *Show 1U* checkbox in the module search form is replaced with a Height select box.
That improves functionality in a way that it is now possible to show

* modules of any height
* only half-height modules
* only full-size modules.

Show modules of any height is the default.

##Buchla half-height
Similar to the Eurorack 1U tiles we now have support for half-height modules in the Buchla universe (h series).

##Moog Unit CP formats
*Moog Unit* universe got support for CP modules like the Moogerfoogers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next [all]
Page 70 of 71