MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

modulargrid.net - the modular planner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 68, 69, 70  Next [all]
Author modulargrid.net - the modular planner
solitud
lessavyfav wrote:
I am wondering how to deal with the wrong pictures being posted? Is it possible to add a "send message to module poster" or "report module in accuracy" type function? The a-190-1 midi to cv /clock module has what appears to be a photocopy of a Pittsburgh delay or something as the art.

The report function will come.
The photocopy style image is the "default" image for modules without image.
Jaspo
Excellent work!

I would scrub all characters under ascii 48 (including space) in the database search index and the search field.

A152 = A 152 = A-152
solitud
First update

Content
- Added requested Vendors and assigned unknown/other modules:
Expert Sleepers
Dave Jones Design
XAOC Devices
Trogotronic
Synthetic Sound Labs
DinSync
CGS
Greg Surges
J3RK
L-1
AMSynths

Wording:
- relabeld the fields in the uploadform: Depth in mm, Price in €. There will be a solution for USD and inches soon.

Bug Fixes
- UTF8 Support, display all the μ, ß, ä, etc.
- reuploaded images show up in the planner now

New features
- Adopt a Module. There are some modules from an automatic import, like the zillion Doepfers. Because they where not submitted by an user they belong to no one. Now Its possible to adopt these Modules, update their stats and images.
- embedded a Flattr donation badge. If someone likes to support the project with money it´s now possible. Although I prefer support in kind of an active community.
- fixed several Bugs, probably introduced some new ...
Otium
Wow! Really great job. I hate flash! I'd say, you just ran in open doors and corrected everything that sucked on modularplanner.co.uk (although they also did a good job).

Just added some modules.

I recognized, that in Chrome on a Mac, I can put my modules some TE over the right border of my 84 TE Rack. I think, it still has 84 TE, but the Rack Picture seems to be too small.

How about the possibility of setting racks to private?
radiokoala
bouzoukijoe1 wrote:
I love the YouTube auto search. woah

I agree, that is totally nice. thumbs up
solitud
Otium wrote:
Wow! Really great job. I hate flash! I'd say, you just ran in open doors and corrected everything that sucked on modularplanner.co.uk (although they also did a good job).

Just added some modules.

I recognized, that in Chrome on a Mac, I can put my modules some TE over the right border of my 84 TE Rack. I think, it still has 84 TE, but the Rack Picture seems to be too small.

How about the possibility of setting racks to private?

Thanks! The drag n drop issue is a known bug. On my list categorized as "minor graphical glitch" wink I will fix it, but not asap.

Private racks? Is this really necessary? We had the discussion about private modules. This always leads to consecutive problems "what happens if a private module is assigned in a public rack?"

I am open to any suggestions, but at the end the interface should stay as simple as possible.
Perhaps we collect all feature request in a list and vote about.
Mefistophelees
BUG - solved!

I was getting weird alignment issues with some modules.

I had zoomed in and out and it looks like it had screwed up the mage scaling.

Reloading in a new tab appears to have fixed it.
elektrokick
Edit: Splendid applause
Otium
solitud wrote:

Private racks? Is this really necessary? We had the discussion about private modules. This always leads to consecutive problems "what happens if a private module is assigned in a public rack?"

I am open to any suggestions, but at the end the interface should stay as simple as possible.
Perhaps we collect all feature request in a list and vote about.

Maybe you're right. It's maybe not that kind of information, that needs to be private. As long as there are no penis-modules... hihi
steffensen
Just added a bunch of modules. Good planner all in all!

Im also curious about adding personal/official DIY modules.. i dont mind if they are open for the public, but as some are clones im not sure if its always a good idea?
jnlkrt
i like how the community/interactive aspects get everyone on board and helping! smile

btw: please add a category "CV interface" for the Expert Sleepers stuff. thanks!
elektrokick
Another category suggestion: Expander
jnlkrt
solitud wrote:
Bug Fixes
- UTF8 Support, display all the μ, ß, ä, etc.
- reuploaded images show up in the planner now

damn, re-added DPO and modDemix to correct photos before reading this.. sorry everyone, these two will vanish from your racks and need to be put in again..
seank
this is so awesome! thank you.
pipwilliams
Awesome!!
jnlkrt
bug report: re-editing a module will delete all attributes/categories..

category requests: LPG, Pitch Shifter

thanks again for the great idea and work!
solitud
jnlkrt wrote:
bug report: re-editing a module will delete all attributes/categories..
!

uups. Thanks for the report, fixed it.

jnlkrt wrote:

category requests: LPG, Pitch Shifter

thanks again for the great idea and work!

added
GodMadeUsFonky
I like it.

Another missing manufacturer is: Abstract Data
solitud
GodMadeUsFonky wrote:
I like it.

Another missing manufacturer is: Abstract Data

added
GodMadeUsFonky
Oh, and 'Snazzy FX'
seank
i'm uploading modules like a motherfucker. this is how it should have been all along.
elektrokick
I want to suggest that people use the same nick in the grid as here. That way it will be easier contacting the module uploader regarding possible errors in the information fields (or with the pic) thumbs up
dougcl
seank wrote:
i'm uploading modules like a motherfucker. this is how it should have been all along.

Hi folks, beware that we are now in the process of building at least three duplicate copies of the eurorack module database.

http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/browse.php
http://eurorackdb.com/
http://www.modulargrid.net/

There is no reason for this, and it is not the way forward.

All developers, including planner developers and database developers need to support module import and export, using the existing RackPlanner module zip format specified in the first post here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54811

This at least allows us (you) to recover your effort in one database and apply it to another.
n0rd
I agree!
daverj
I've been thinking the same thing as Doug as I read through this thread. There are now several rack planners and several databases of modules.

It would be ideal if there was one central database of modules, of all formats, with large enough pictures to be used by any planner, and all the needed fields of data that any planner might want. If a planner wanted a local database they could import from the central one on a regular basis. Or simply import and query on demand via something like XML.

The planners then would be front ends for the database, with the particular features that planner designer wanted. But we wouldn't end up with multiple databases with possibly different or incorrect data in them. One planner might only support one format, while another might support multiple formats. That would be up to the designer of that front end. But the database could support all formats, even obsolete ones.

Or if there's no way to get all the database designers to work together, at least import/export could be used to reduce duplication of effort.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 68, 69, 70  Next [all]
Page 3 of 70