Analogic-ACS

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Analogic-ACS

Post by Muff Wiggler » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:55 pm

http://www.analogic-acs.com/acs.html

man, why hasn't anyone heard of this?

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Dang. That's some quality-looking kit. To me, it's very Serge-ish in physical appearance (maybe it's just the banana jacks). The DIY aspect of it also makes me happy. Cool stuff!

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Wow! Very cool stuff. I'll know what I'll be reading for the next hour.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:04 am

When then release the DIY board for their Quantizer, I am all over that shit. Holds 8 scales, selectable via gates, and can also act as a simple 4 input sequential switch? For someone who had, say, 4 CGS sequential switches? Where do I sign?

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am

shoot Gur an email - info (at) analogic-acs (dot) com

he seems pretty keen to get these out there - he just shipped a large system to the guys at Innerclocksystems

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:shoot Gur an email - info (at) analogic-acs (dot) com
I'm already all over it :) That's why I said "when" not "if" (the quant board is not up on the site). Gur is great, very responsive.

I wish I could say the same about David at Innerclock. I FINALLY got my sync-shift after more than a year of bad communication and excuses. It sounds like David had a rough year in a lot of ways, and it's not that I'm completely unsympathetic, but we went through multiple cycles of "make commitment on delivery, go unresponsive for 6-12 weeks, make excuse, repeat" before I took delivery. It's made it difficult to properly evaluate the device, as every time I look at it I get a little pissed :?

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:56 pm

that sucks! Sorry to hear it... glad you did get your unit though - those look awesome!! Is it the MK.II?? Such a pretty box.

Are those things only useful if you have DIN SYNC devices?

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:Are those things only useful if you have DIN SYNC devices?
No entirely. I have the Mk II, and it's actually got three discrete converters in it. There is NO internal normalling!

So you take Midi clock in and convert it to DIN Sync. You come back out the box with Sync signal and then come right back in to the middle block, which is the magic shifter thingy with the big knob and "Expensive logo". Then you can come out of the shifter with your DIN signal and drive your 808/606/303. OR you can run another short cable to the third function block and convert that shifted DIN signal back to Midi.

So you can shift a DIN device OR a Midi device, but you can only move one device total at any time, and it will take 3-4 cables! I'm glad I had some super-short midi cables around.

I haven't yet found the magic phasing polyrhythm yet. I've got it set up now so my 606 starts two full bars behind the clock start; I've got the shift ability on and you can definitely tighten it up or slop it around. The jitter on the outbound, shifted signal is supposed to be 0; I have not confirmed this yet but it sure does sound tight. I've pretty much decided to dedicate it to the 606, so any trigger patterns I pull from there should lock in.

I intend to write up a complete clock mangling manifesto covering the Sync-Shift; Flame Clockwork, Dinsync.com Poly Sync, and all my analog dividers etc. at some point, but I'm a few weeks away from understanding everything well enough to do this.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:43 pm

thanks for the info! much appreciated.

please do write it up if you find the time - it would be greatly appreciated. The Sync-Shift and the Flame Clockwork are both things I've been very interested, but have a huge deficit in understanding.

I now do have my head around the Sync-Shift I believe - thank-you. I think I will be buying one.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:44 pm

how much was it?

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Muff Wiggler wrote:how much was it?
It was $495 AUD, which is more now than it was a year ago :evil: I hope you get better delivery time than me!

innerclock
Precision Timing

Post by innerclock » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Big respect to Paul for hanging in there over what was indeed a difficult 12 months on more than a few fronts. We've got the parts supply/manufacturing chain under control now after a struggle and we are holding stock rather than building to order which makes things a lot better. Any questions regarding anything Innerclock related - hit me up david@innerclocksystems.com

Best as always to all - David
www.innerclocksystems.com

PS - Can't speak highly enough of Gur and the Analogics crew - we've only taken delivery of 2 x TM-116 units (waiting on 2 more plus 2 x Quantizers) but after only a few day with the TM-116s I can only say that they more than live up to the listed specifications.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”