MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

32nd notes and env. questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author 32nd notes and env. questions
revstate
A: does volta produce 32nd notes for any of you guys (i'm running logic)? i can't get the gate to trigger 32nd notes
B:is there a way to get env/gate by itself without pitch cv?

thanks

-ben
1nput0utput
I set up a test with the trigger control source in Logic, and the metric divisions seem to be working for me (including 32nd notes). The only thing I can think of is that maybe you have an older version of the plug-in installed. Have you installed the Volta 1.04 update?

Unfortunately it looks like you can't use only the envelope component of the voice control source. But you can have the voice pitch component there and just not use it.
revstate
it works fine with the trigger sequencer, but when i make 32nd notes in logic's sequencer with volta as the virtual instrument (voice with gate/trigger), volta plays the 32nd notes like 16th notes (as in it reads the first not, not the second, not the third, etc.).

also, does anyone know how to just have the gate out with NO voice out? i'm tired of using 2 ports to just use the gate for clocking my polysix arp, my MuRF arp, and my MBase trig in

i'm running volta 1.4 with logic 9, and the problem happens with logic 8 as well.

EDIT:
i just read the end of your post, and so I guess i will have to use two ports instead of one until volta is updated to have this option.
doctorvague
Have you tried making the notes shorter duration?

I haven't had any trouble with 32nd and even 64th notes. I'm running Numerology > DP > Volta.
There's more info and examples here in case you're interested:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6330

If you just need triggers and not gates anyway, I would try really short note durations.
revstate
doctorvague wrote:
Have you tried making the notes shorter duration?

I haven't had any trouble with 32nd and even 64th notes. I'm running Numerology > DP > Volta.
There's more info and examples here in case you're interested:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6330

If you just need triggers and not gates anyway, I would try really short note durations.

i think it's the MBase 11, it doesn't matter what duration i set it to. fastest i can get it to go is 32nd @ 100 bpm or 16th @ 200, same thing though. the MuRF trigger in gives out at about 140bpm with 32nd notes (that's all would ask from the MBase 11 trig).

Any word on if any update will add the ability to just have gate with no voice?
revstate
This is the email I got back from Jomox:

why don't you use midi? the trig input needs recovering time, or you would
have endless double triggers.

no, this can't be fixed, I'm sorry.

Best Wishes,
Jürgen Michaelis

JoMoX GmbH
Koertestrasse 10
10967 Berlin, Germany

----- Original Message -----
Hello

I have just purchased an MBase 11, and I wanted it to run off trig
only. Problem is, the fastest that I can trigger it is 32nd notes @
100 BPM. Will there be a fix for this in the future?

I like to do 32nd note kick transitions @ 80 to 140 bpm in my songs.

Thanks

-Ben P.
revstate
looks like I will need to sample the MBase if I want to have sample accurate kicks @ high bpm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1