MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Elektron box in the works! (Analog Four Thread)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Author New Elektron box in the works! (Analog Four Thread)
Petur
Teaser: http://www.tradition-and-future.com/

Lets speculate!
z3r01
That looks like a keyboard synth to me. I am guessing the buttons at the bottom are for the sequencer, and the next two rows of buttons above it act as a 'keyboard'. One of the buttons is titled LFO too.

Damn, that sure looks intriguing.

...and my neck hurts from turning my head sideways and trying to figure out the buttons are being labelled as. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
bsmith
wow - looking like those visible buttons say 'cv b, cv c, cv d, env, lfo'....
SunSpots
z3r01 wrote:
That looks like a synth to me. I am guessing the buttons at the bottom are for the sequencer, and the next two rows of buttons above it act as a 'keyboard'. One of the buttons is titled LFO too.

Damn, that sure looks intriguing.

...and my neck hurts from turning my head sideways and trying to figure out the buttons are being labelled as. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

lol I was doing the same thing. applause
but really hmmm.....
def. has a keyboard thing going on, and the sequencer row... 3 lfo's... looks like cv a,b,c ... maybe. it's blurry. but... if it's a synth... they said it won't replace their other machines. I don't get how they could make a synth and not have it replace the MNM.

bah. def some kind of sound production device.
I was praying for some kind of 8 chan mixer, effects sequencer with plocks and lfos and a bunch of other rad stuff. I'll buy whatever it is though. I have the cash sitting in my bank for it smile
wavecircle
Sequencer.
nangu
I'm seeing the second row of text as "Chorus, Delay, Reverb, LFO". Definitely "CV B, CV C, CV D, Env, LFO" in the third row.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
cv? CV!?!?!?!?!?!?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Bath House
It would be really amazing to see them make a hybrid MIDI/CV sequencer - basically take the sequencer guts out of the Octatrack, add a whole CV output section, etc. - that could function as a master brain to tie together their whole line of stuff or anyone's MIDI and CV studio. Basically like if they made their own version of something like the Cirklon.
qu.one
wavecircle wrote:
Sequencer.

agreed.
steampoweredsequencer
8580station.
mamonu
Zomg!!!11 etc

Great news..... It's peanut butter jelly time!
magnetize

my bets on a midi/cv sequencer + fx box
RustyO
Burnt by being an Octatrack beta tester; so IF I get one; will wait a good while till it actually works and is stable. Elektron lost any and all faith/goodwill they had with me due to the OT.
sascha.victoria
As an early adopter of the Octatrack I think I will wait a good while until the new device is well documented, supported, and operational.

Whatever it is, I hope its much easier to use then the Octaballs and with less menu diving / multi key presses.
exper
I think its an analog voiced synth/sequencer. Notice the vents. Never appeared in other Elektron boxes. I bet it has 6 analog voices inside, and the CV parameters means it can sequence analog gear and modulars. Always hated the Monomachine, but I love my MD and want a Octa. This could be reason to ditch the MD and go this and Octatrack! hmmm hyper
ignatius
if it's a synth i hope it has plenty of outputs for whatever is under the hood.
reignbear
exper wrote:
Notice the vents.

i believe the technical term is "speed holes".
sascha.victoria
reignbear wrote:
exper wrote:
Notice the vents.

i believe the technical term is "speed holes".

good eye on the vents!
jessem
does the text under those right knobs say rec / mute

and the one at the bottom clock?

Sequencer would be cool, but it seems like they have that covered for the most part already?
Low-Gain
There's a reason they're having a sale...
pas
Octatrack pt. 2 ...the better sequel
peripatitis
An octatrack with machinedrum's engine inside.
falafelbiels
New Sidstation, OctaSid?

Looks like 6 trk buttons, HexaSid?
iVardensphere
sascha.victoria wrote:
As an early adopter of the Octatrack I think I will wait a good while until the new device is well documented, supported, and operational.

Whatever it is, I hope its much easier to use then the Octaballs and with less menu diving / multi key presses.

I picked up one of the first OTs available. I had a couple of issues with the OS. When I contacted Elektron, they jumped on the issue and had an OS update the very next day. Solid work.

With the amount of analogue/modular going on these days, I'm sure it's a CV out - signal in - FX box.

Dig it! thumbs up
sascha.victoria
jessem wrote:
Sequencer would be cool, but it seems like they have that covered for the most part already?

I wouldn't say that they have sequencing external gear really nailed down.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Page 1 of 33