Hello Hordijk System

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:21 pm

I've ordered 2x rungler, 2x matrix, 2x twin peaks, and I asked Rob to configure the rest of 4x3 given my intended use of the system ( evolving horror drones and gurgles) he told me he will get back to me when it's closer to my turn as many modules are re visited and updated I think.

So far top notch customer experience :)

I plan to integrate it with ciat lonbarde gear and octatrack as master brain.

Im thinking in the line of this setup link to picture here any suggestions?
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

sundog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sundog » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:10 am

A few things...

1. Welcome to hemeroscopium. I am sure a 6 panel system could be amazing. I have been really happy starting out with the standard 4 panels and in 2.5 years haven't felt the need for expansion I experienced with my Eurorack system. It really feels like a coherent system (when I collected it Rob told me 4 panels was his preferred size). It is also a very deep system and took me 1-2 years to get to know well and I still have a lot more to learn. So my only advice would be - are you sure you are up for the scale of the task and that you wouldn't be happy starting with 4 panels? if you are then go for it...

2. Many thanks to Neovintage for the new videos and maintaining the website. The Envelope Follower looks very cool.

3. Finally, I've made another compilation of phone videos of patches! Only the Hordijk and a pedal or two. No external sequencing.

[video][/video]

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 am

@sundog, thanks for welcome :) i just dont want to wait another 2 years when i want to expand. That way ill just buy once. Also - nice patch :)
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:00 am

Sundog, I already said it but I love the way you are playing the Hordijk.
I find it really interesting and complex. Would love to understand how you achieve some of those sounds.

hemeroscopium I am also on the advice of others telling you to have a 4 panels system. From my experience this is the perfect size and way better to patch and follow. I had first a standard case then switched for a 9 panels case with 6 triple in it. I downsized one year ago for the standard again. I have 7 panels so I have expansion but again the standard case size is the best. You'll always want another OscHRM or TwinPeak or modulations or mixing but the way the system is now is perfect. When I had the "too huge" case I felt disoriented, I lost my spontaneity of patching, I always had to come from left to right, everything was not in front of me and it was bad.

The new Blippoo box is the perfect unit to add to the system.

Maybe in 2 years Rob will have other new modules that will blow our mind but I like the fact to have one complete system always available. There are really tons of great stuff to patch in it.
Look at Richard Scott, Todd Barton and Allistair (Sundog).
thehordijkmodular.blogspot.fr

Corrupt
Common Wiggler

Post by Corrupt » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Really enjoying the Hordijk system. Currently running it into the Monomachine for effects and occasional accompaniment. Surprisingly great pairing.

Don't have a delay pedal so using the effect section of the Lyra 8 as my frequency shifter insert, which can be quite insane more often than not.

Wanted to ask everyone which pedals they're using with their systems. A Boss DD-7 seems fairly standard for the FS - hoping to pick one up cheap. But aside from this?

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Corrupt wrote:Wanted to ask everyone which pedals they're using with their systems. A Boss DD-7 seems fairly standard for the FS - hoping to pick one up cheap. But aside from this?
I use a Stryùon blueSky reverb and tech DD-7.

I need to rehouse my Zeitgeist in a close future.

jpauty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jpauty » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 am

sundog wrote:
3. Finally, I've made another compilation of phone videos of patches! Only the Hordijk and a pedal or two. No external sequencing.
Wow, Sundog I really like the music you make on the hordijk ! You're really making the system sing.

I know it's a long shot, but it would be great if you could make photos of the patches you prefer. Videos are cool, but it's hard to see the connections.

I would pay for a patch catalogue of yours. :75: It would be a great learning source for patch techniques. I love my system, but I'm far from reaching such beautiful results.

sundog
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sundog » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:05 am

thank you jpauty, Neovintage and hemeroscopium for your encouraging comments. I probably need to get better at describing my patches! I have learnt so much from this thread and the amazing Hordijk players who have contributed to it :hyper:

Corrupt - just the DD7 (as recommended by Rob as the best fit) and Cathedral for me. I borrowed an Oto Bam and itching to upgrade at some point - it worked great with the Hordijk.

Corrupt
Common Wiggler

Post by Corrupt » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:12 am

Thanks sundog and Neovintage. A friend is sending me a spare DD-7 soon, and I am seriously mulling whether or not another pedal for reverb/other effects would be a good choice. I have a lot of ITB verbs and recently sold an H9 mostly due to the interface and lack of desire to use an iOS device with it. The Bam looks great, have to say.

And BTW sundog, I will repeat my YouTube comment here – it's time for you to start taping and get this stuff on Bandcamp!

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:12 am

sundog wrote:thank you jpauty, Neovintage and hemeroscopium for your encouraging comments. I probably need to get better at describing my patches! I have learnt so much from this thread and the amazing Hordijk players who have contributed to it :hyper:

Corrupt - just the DD7 (as recommended by Rob as the best fit) and Cathedral for me. I borrowed an Oto Bam and itching to upgrade at some point - it worked great with the Hordijk.
I usually take a clean picture of the patch and record it or film it with the GoPro. With the GoPro in very high quality it is easy to follow the cables.
That way I have enough information if I want to "reproduce" the patch later.

I wish Richard Scott could also explain how he gets his amazing sounds from the system. I love how he patches it.

DD7 delay is perfect to work with. You get the effect only and it is tap tempo'd.

max93
Learning to Wiggle

Post by max93 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Dear all, i have another nearly 6 month wait for my system and i would like your opinion about the idea of having two Rungler, swapping a dual env for that...I am not a keyboard player, but like to made little melody line over chaotic texture, so it is quite some month that i am trying to figure out if it will be too much and maybe not to equilibrated to have a system with 2 Rungler, also for what i've understand from the Rob's masterclass, the Osc sync can go into chaotic terriotories, so maybe a standard system will fit better any situation... what is your opinion? thank you in advance!

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:37 pm

max93 wrote:Dear all, i have another nearly 6 month wait for my system and i would like your opinion about the idea of having two Rungler, swapping a dual env for that...I am not a keyboard player, but like to made little melody line over chaotic texture, so it is quite some month that i am trying to figure out if it will be too much and maybe not to equilibrated to have a system with 2 Rungler, also for what i've understand from the Rob's masterclass, the Osc sync can go into chaotic terriotories, so maybe a standard system will fit better any situation... what is your opinion? thank you in advance!
I find the standard system perfect as it is right now but if I would change a DualEnv for another module that would be another OscHRM. It is just so pure and you can create gorgeous FM/AM and random sounds with it.

max93
Learning to Wiggle

Post by max93 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 am

I find the standard system perfect as it is right now but if I would change a DualEnv for another module that would be another OscHRM. It is just so pure and you can create gorgeous FM/AM and random sounds with it.[/quote]

thank you for your comment, i think i'll gona meditate upon this;)
A nice days to all the Hordijk user!

vgermuse
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by vgermuse » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Just hooked up a little FreqShift-Blender patch:

More to come...

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:39 am

vgermuse wrote:Just hooked up a little FreqShift-Blender patch:

More to come...
Excellent :sb:
What is the red cable for?
Can't wait for more.

warnton
Wiggling with Experience

Post by warnton » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 am

Hordijk in your hands dear Todd sounds so sweet:-)
thanks for sharing, curious about the two modules you are using, as I cannot decipher it

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:38 am

Little Hordijk and Modcan B patch. This was recorded couple of years ago, I’ve sold most of this system, unfortunately, but my new 6 panel Hordijk system with eurorack strip should be finished any day now. I am curious if you are using your Hordijk systems with eurorack? I bought some Verbos stuff and 4ms delays, I think this would be a nice combo.
It’s so nice to see all the vids and pics here! And thank you for keeping the Hordijk modular blogspot page alive!

vgermuse
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by vgermuse » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:49 pm

warnton wrote:Hordijk in your hands dear Todd sounds so sweet:-)
thanks for sharing, curious about the two modules you are using, as I cannot decipher it
Thank you! The two modules are the Dual Freq Shifter and the Blender. The video below goes into deeper detail.
Neovintage wrote: Excellent :sb:
What is the red cable for?
Can't wait for more.
Thank you Ben. More is here below. The red cable goes to the amp/speaker.
:party:

Here's a deeper dive into this feedback patch:
[video][/video]

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Adze wrote:...but my new 6 panel Hordijk system with eurorack strip should be finished any day now....
What will you get in your 6 panels case?
vgermuse wrote: Thank you Ben. More is here below. The red cable goes to the amp/speaker.
:party:

Here's a deeper dive into this feedback patch:
[video][/video]
Haha simple.

Nice patch. I never think of feedback, not that kind for sure.
I feedback stuff in modules but making a feedback patch is something I really need to learn.

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:12 pm

OscHRMsub/DualEnv/24dBfilterVCA, OscSYNC/DualEnv/TwinpeakVCA, DualFader/DualFrqShifter/DualShaper,
NodeProcs/MiniMatrix/TriLFO, Rungler/Rungler/MiniMatrix, Fader/EnvF/Shaper/ OscSYNC/DualPhaser

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:05 pm

Adze wrote:OscHRMsub/DualEnv/24dBfilterVCA, OscSYNC/DualEnv/TwinpeakVCA, DualFader/DualFrqShifter/DualShaper,
NodeProcs/MiniMatrix/TriLFO, Rungler/Rungler/MiniMatrix, Fader/EnvF/Shaper/ OscSYNC/DualPhaser
does that have plans to intermingle patch w/the modcan system in your avapicatar?

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:30 pm

No, unfortunately. I sold that system, I think you got couple of modules from me? I hope Bruce will start making modules soon because selling my Modcan B system was such a huge mistake. :bang:

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:11 pm

i feel strongly these days the reemergence of bruce is coming. like a sense in the air. i would guess euro will be first to subsidize the bigger things and hopefully then orders as they were. this is my true hope. you'll get your system again!

i didn't realize, is this davor?

Adze
Common Wiggler

Post by Adze » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Yes :)

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:18 pm

i know this isn't the right place but again i just wanted to thank you for super wonderful interaction transactions! i found all the modules and the system is now complete.
i would love some polyfusion and hordijk to complicate my patching but the simple tiny nature of my system feels instrument-like. i am grateful.

Return to “5U Format Modules”