Hello Hordijk System

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

alanalan
Common Wiggler

Post by alanalan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 am

Are these only available directly from the man himself?

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

alanalan wrote:Are these only available directly from the man himself?
yes

Hanz
Analogue Avenger

Post by Hanz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 am

With my system, normalizations for the MIDI/CV are limited to modwheel CC to VCA A and B. The rest is indeed exposed thru the matrix.

Inter-module normalizations that I originally discussed with Rob have been largely removed from my system at request as it didn't add much function for me. I found I actually prefer to see what is happening with good old patchcords... Normalization inside module still as default.

What I had previously was, from the top of my head;
-2x Osc HRM output to Dual Fader A1/A2 (caused a bit of unexpected issues with Dual Fader positioning functionality).
-Triple LF-VCO osc B pulse to Dual Env trigger.
-Dual Env envelope A to 24dB Filter VCA control, envelope B to VCF cutoff control
Last edited by Hanz on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“...I am merely a conduit, a kind of big hairy tool. I am just a plastic funnel connected to a Moog...”

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 am

What kind of issues are you referring to?

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

I made my first little tune with it...

posted here: viewtopic.php?t=70721

Hanz
Analogue Avenger

Post by Hanz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Hanz wrote:-2x Osc HRM output to Dual Fader A1/A2 (caused a bit of unexpected issues with Dual Fader positioning functionality).
Neovintage wrote:What kind of issues are you referring to?
Nothing too terrible. It requires some understanding on how Dual Fader operates...
The prepatching did override the internal Dual Fader normalization, which allows stereo panning when only A1 is connected.
With A2 connection (from Osc HRM 2) always in place, it was effectively locked in crossfader mode.
“...I am merely a conduit, a kind of big hairy tool. I am just a plastic funnel connected to a Moog...”

beyourdog
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by beyourdog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:49 pm

The purpose of such systems seems to take pictures of it, not really making music :lol:

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 am

beyourdog wrote:The purpose of such systems seems to take pictures of it, not really making music :lol:

COOL. Now i am up to learn something. What classifies as "real music" to you? Could you post some examples of "real music" ...?

:tu:

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 am

Maybe he means "common" music.

@Hanz : OK, thank you. That's much clear :tu:

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:05 am

yeah just checked his channel. So playing know compositions with a modular or trying to achieve sound others did 30 Years ago better is "real" music?

:hmm:

To each his own, but I dont like people who disrespect. If I dont like it I leave it alone.

Strange attitude... Maybe this is the wrong subforum for me as I like "new" not "real" music.

wont bother here anymore! :tu:

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 am

Interesting, because I read that statement more as "this thread has pics, but no audio" or "it seems people buy these systems just to post pics of them, not make (share) music" — a joke — Not at all what you guys seem to be interpreting it as. But we're all just guessing, really. :despair:

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:19 am

There is a link to music just 2 post above his, so what is to be missunderstood? :hmm:

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:54 am

franzschuier wrote:There is a link to music just 2 post above his, so what is to be missunderstood? :hmm:
Ha I totally missed that link, actually. Maybe he did too. Or maybe he is being a dick. I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Off to go listen to it now, thanks for sharing!

Edit: Now that I see that you had a music link, I understand your (seemingly harsh at the time) reaction.

osc1899
Common Wiggler

Post by osc1899 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Very nice system Franz! May I ask how long you had to wait until the system was ready??

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Post by Ranxerox » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 am

Damn this thread - I have been trying to ignore it. Now I am thinking about the Phaser-filter, HRM-OSC and Rungler in a sinful way. My cabinets are already maxed and I had been thinking of my Modular as being 'done'. Of course it is never 'done'. Damn you all. :cry:

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:45 am

osc1899 wrote:Very nice system Franz! May I ask how long you had to wait until the system was ready??
It was a few months. But Rob delivered as promised and I paid when it was finished.

osc1899
Common Wiggler

Post by osc1899 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:09 pm

franzschuier wrote:
osc1899 wrote:Very nice system Franz! May I ask how long you had to wait until the system was ready??
It was a few months. But Rob delivered as promised and I paid when it was finished.
Ok thanks!

RobHordijk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RobHordijk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 am

Hi all, this is Rob himself.

First of all my apologies that I am not very active on the net or on any fora: I simply lack the time. For questions and inquiries please use my email address: rhordijk@xs4all.nl.

To answer some questions directly:

The triple panels are for cosmetic reasons mainly. The frontpanels are made with a photographic process for which I have films made. For the triple panels I now and then have new films made with new combinations. The triple size is actually the biggest size I can currently handle with my workshop tools.
The four triple panel combination in a flightcase gives a good idea of the total concept behind the modules and how they combine together into one comprehensible musical instrument. But I make whatever is ordered, a single module or a big wall doesn't make a difference to me.

The only module to module normalizations I apply in the triple panels are in the OscHRM/DualENV/FilterVCA panel where the output of the VCA in the oscillator is normalized to the FilterVCA LP input, and the output of the ADBDR envelope is normalized to the final VCA CV input. This is such a logical normalization for this 'voice' triple that I could not resist applying it.

It would be easy to make much more module to module normalizations and I did some systems with more, but most owners asked me later to remove them.
Most modules however have lots of internal normalizations, which I have tried to make as intuitive as possible. Of course they can all be overridden by inserting a jack in a normalized input.

Btw, I don't think that the wiki page with the module descriptions is up to date, I hope to be able soon to update it.

Regards,
/Rob

osc1899
Common Wiggler

Post by osc1899 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 am

RobHordijk wrote:Hi all, this is Rob himself.

First of all my apologies that I am not very active on the net or on any fora: I simply lack the time. For questions and inquiries please use my email address: rhordijk@xs4all.nl.

To answer some questions directly:

The triple panels are for cosmetic reasons mainly. The frontpanels are made with a photographic process for which I have films made. For the triple panels I now and then have new films made with new combinations. The triple size is actually the biggest size I can currently handle with my workshop tools.
The four triple panel combination in a flightcase gives a good idea of the total concept behind the modules and how they combine together into one comprehensible musical instrument. But I make whatever is ordered, a single module or a big wall doesn't make a difference to me.

The only module to module normalizations I apply in the triple panels are in the OscHRM/DualENV/FilterVCA panel where the output of the VCA in the oscillator is normalized to the FilterVCA LP input, and the output of the ADBDR envelope is normalized to the final VCA CV input. This is such a logical normalization for this 'voice' triple that I could not resist applying it.

It would be easy to make much more module to module normalizations and I did some systems with more, but most owners asked me later to remove them.
Most modules however have lots of internal normalizations, which I have tried to make as intuitive as possible. Of course they can all be overridden by inserting a jack in a normalized input.

Btw, I don't think that the wiki page with the module descriptions is up to date, I hope to be able soon to update it.

Regards,
/Rob
Nice to see a reply from the man himself :goo:

Email sent!

Hanz
Analogue Avenger

Post by Hanz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 am

Welcome, Rob! :party:

Neovintage
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Neovintage » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Rob,

Great to read you here. :tu:
See you in February.

Ben

franzschuier
fart box afficinado

Post by franzschuier » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 am

Rob,

superduper that you are here now! Better ask the man himself.

Its such a great system....

yesterday R.Weingardt and me made an live noodle improv with the system and a few other pieces...
http://soundcloud.com/urgentart/roman-w ... nz-schuier

Zeitdehner
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Zeitdehner » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:19 am

Nicely minimal session :tu:

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Very cool :goo:
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

Attorks
Common Wiggler

Post by Attorks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:26 am

The system looks great. I have a question: on the OSC HRM modules I see a little switch on the right between the upper 2 knobs. I don't have that switch on my single panel OSC HRM module. What is it?

Return to “5U Format Modules”