MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Koma Elektronik Kommander CV/Gate Motion Controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Author Koma Elektronik Kommander CV/Gate Motion Controller
ether^ra
...Just purchased from the fine gentlemen at CONTROL Brooklyn here's a quick demo. Enjoy!
John
http://etherra.blogspot.com
osterchrisi
Sweet! It's peanut butter jelly time!
migrations
i'm considering grabbing one of these when i have the cash, but I was curious; whats the sensitivity like on these? IE how far away does your hand have/object have to be before it starts triggering? just love the possibilities of the unit given that its a standalone and can be used outside the confines of the rack...
Kingnimrod
I belive you can adjust the sensitivity via the trimmers in the bottom
glia
in awe
alamandra
gotta get me one of these can you run em off batteries i'm out of plug sockets here lol. I would expect you can since it's aimed at standalone can't get more standalone than has it's power supply inside it can you.
osterchrisi
It is possible to run the Kommander totally standalone but it eats quite a lot of current (around 500mA) so depending on your battery you would probably have less than one hour of running time and maximum something like two hours. Also, there is no space to fit in a 9V battery. But let me know if you think I can help you with making your Kommander standalone.
alamandra
osterchrisi wrote:
It is possible to run the Kommander totally standalone but it eats quite a lot of current (around 500mA) so depending on your battery you would probably have less than one hour of running time and maximum something like two hours. Also, there is no space to fit in a 9V battery. But let me know if you think I can help you with making your Kommander standalone.

Ah it uses more power than I thought, I thought it would be like a tv remote where the batteries literally last years lol. But I guess when the device also sends out voltages, and it's not just infrared there's much more power needed. I'm ok without standalone anyway I don't gig or anything, and I remembered there is another power outlet in this room I forgot about it as it's under the desk. But cheers for the offer of help all the same.
osterchrisi
Well I guess the largest difference between a TV remote control and the Kommander is that the IR LEDs on the Kommander are running full power all the time whereas in your TV remote they literally only flash for miliseconds each time you press them.
alamandra
osterchrisi wrote:
Well I guess the largest difference between a TV remote control and the Kommander is that the IR LEDs on the Kommander are running full power all the time whereas in your TV remote they literally only flash for miliseconds each time you press them.

Ah yeh true I didn't think of that part. Fantastic bit of equipment though, being able to control things by moving your hand over IR led's brilliant idea.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Page 1 of 1