MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Knas Ekdahl Moisturizer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Knas Ekdahl Moisturizer!
markjamesriver
Iv'e had this unit for many months and it is permanently set up as a fx return. I love it and am just now unlocking its genius. Here is a demo of it. Just a drum loop (909 samples) and a weird feedback loop from my DP4 return that I kinda liked. Basically tweaking the cutoff and resonance by hand and cv'ing the reverb mixture to hit on every other beat. Hope you enjoy and go buy one for Jesus sake!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/k-ram-1/the-pipe[/s]

Also, you can crunch the shit out of whatever you put in it, it has Input and Output gain control.
amnesia
You should try it with the Polygamist!
jessem
Wow, love this. What did that stutter part at 1min?
chvad
love the moisturizer as well.. also a permanent part if the chain. waiting for my polygamist!
tIB
Its a wonderful thing, like the track too. smile
Bath House
Love it to death. It's an amazing little standalone box that makes anything sound better, and then it REALLY comes alive once you start sequencing its parameters from CV. Voltage-controlled dubmachine.
Gregor Samsa
Sounds great! thumbs up

I've been looking for a spring reverb for some time, i really like the reverb sounds on Telefon Tel Avivs album Immolate yourself, and im wondering if it would be possible to get some similar tones out of the Ekdahl? The features and the layout of the ekdahl seems much more inspiring than your standard rack reverb, so i'd prefer the ekdahl instead of a rack unit.

I really like the reverb on the vocals at about 2 minutes

In this video i think the reverb on the drums is great.

MrBiggs
After looking at this with raised eyebrows for a long while, I suddenly realized that I want one. I think it's when I realized that it was a CV'able filter as well as spring reverb.
I get to check one out next week and then will decide. Might have to wait til after the holidays to pull that trigger however.

Nice track markjamesriver. Really shows that spring off.
markjamesriver
I'm thrilled you guys like it!

It really is a blast to use, the sound combinations are endless. You can really mangle things up good if you want. The spring is only about 30% of its appeal. It is my wife and kids favorite because it just looks so weird and fun, my 3 yr. old daughter has to flip the springs around with her fingers every time she comes in my studio. Memories like that are golden.
msprigings
MrBiggs wrote:
After looking at this with raised eyebrows for a long while, I suddenly realized that I want one. I think it's when I realized that it was a CV'able filter as well as spring reverb.
I get to check one out next week and then will decide. Might have to wait til after the holidays to pull that trigger however.

Nice track markjamesriver. Really shows that spring off.

I too kinda always glossed over this one but that track had me have a second look! There are some pretty awesome mods for it as well. The Drive mod in particular looks pretty cool.
sausmatoe
I've had one for a few months and love the sound of it. The gain is awesome, adds nice grit to everything.

Haven't tried the cv inputs yet but should have my first modular setup soon. Can't wait.
MrBiggs
Oliver Wire to the Ear Chesler dropped by my house last week with his Moisturizer (a sentence which would mean something completely different on any other forum in the world).
Ten minutes with it and yeah, I'll get one. I need to unload my Tyme Sefari and Pittsburgh Delay first, so someone buy those please.

thumbs up
Kent
Yeah, it's the jammy alright. I've been using one with my Buchla since I don't wish to bring my old rack Spring 'Verbs on the road. It turns out that the Moisturizer is a pony with more than one trick.
a100user
More love for the Moisturizer here too.

Love the track too.
speak_onion
MrBiggs wrote:
Oliver Wire to the Ear Chesler dropped by my house last week with his Moisturizer (a sentence which would mean something completely different on any other forum in the world).

applause
seamonkeyman
Also love the Knas! I picked one up in LA, whilst visiting BCM.

Question for any European Wigglers, have you found a 220v/240 power supply? At the moment I'm tied to a step down 220v to 110v transformer, which adds another layer of hassle :-)

I think I need 12vAC and 1000ma, but I've not managed to find anything yet :(.

If anyone has any ideas it would be great!

thank you
Kent
220V-240V to 12VAC transformers/supplies are very easy to find at most hardware stores. You can even use one of those bricks that is meant to transform and power halogen lamps.

The Moisturizer will also run on 9VAC. I'd like to find out what the maximum input voltage is though.
diasporos
Experienced a moisturizer this weekend at a show locally, I was completely blown away. Simple set up, just 3 moogerfoogers, a noisewash, a tibetan bowl, and the moisturizer. The tuned feedback/rev/drones that came out of that set up were just stunning.

Want!

I wish I had $400.
slow_riot
I can sell a 1200mA 12VAC cheaply if wanted. I have no use for it. 3 pin UK mains header.

I also have some of the Halogen ones but I found them to be horribly noisy and wouldn't want to use them on an audio device.
seamonkeyman
Thanks Kent & Slow Riot

Slow Riot, I'll pm you on the PSU, thanks for making contact
Bambam
Nice sounds man SlayerBadger!
When i got Moisturized i seriously could not stop playing with for days.....the tonal range is awesome. Given i'm a bit of a reverb fiend i couldn't help but through everything i have through it, and it sounds good on everything Mr. Green
Kent
No problem and happy to be of assistance, Seamonkeyman.

It turns out that Karl @ Ekdahl doesn't know what the maximum safe input voltage would be. Back to the 9VAC and 12VAC transformers then.
neilbaldwin
Just got my hands on a second-hand one and I'm a bit curious as why my PCB doesn't look like the one in the Modifications bit of the Knas website.

http://www.knasmusic.com/products/moisturizer/modifications.php

Mine is blue (compared to the one pictured which is yellow) and also the component layout doesn't match the photos.

hmmm.....
MrBiggs
Is this the one that was on eBay two weeks ago?

I'd drop Karl an email. I don't have a Moisturizer yet, so I've not dealt with him. But he seems pretty communicative. karl@knasmusic.com
neilbaldwin
No, bought it on here. Have emailed Karl.

MrBiggs wrote:
Is this the one that was on eBay two weeks ago?

I'd drop Karl an email. I don't have a Moisturizer yet, so I've not dealt with him. But he seems pretty communicative. karl@knasmusic.com
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2