MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Baby Bugbrand noisebox DIY frame (pix+video)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Baby Bugbrand noisebox DIY frame (pix+video)
otoskope
Today's DIY idea: Convert a small wooden drawer from a toy chest from childhood, into a Bugbrand baby frame. Succeeded!

I had to cut out one short end to fit the Mini power module, and the small distro I kindly got from Tom was too big (will be used in the future, though). So I had to solder my own distro board, as small as possible. Some pictures:

Ekofisk
That's incredibly cool! I can't believe eurorackers haven't used this trick before to DOUBLE the hp count?
otoskope
With external power it could fit 10 standard bug modules. But it's quite convenient to include the Minipower - it is more selfcontained (just add the wallwart) and it contains the banana-to-jack converters.

I have a larger double-sided frame in the pipeline, too, but it will take some time to finish. We'll see. But this small one will be a great little jam-box for gigging!

/Palle
Klirrfaktor
so cute love
Tombola
Ekofisk wrote:
That's incredibly cool! I can't believe eurorackers haven't used this trick before to DOUBLE the hp count?

I agree!
themanthatwasused
Looks great palle!
miditerranean
Impressive! And clever! nanners
Luka
awesome!!!

it needs legs and little pinchers
subterryanean
That is amazing, great idea!

What's the story with the TriCore VCO, is it a newer module?
a100user
Great idea and implementation
otoskope
Thanks for all the positive comments! Yes, isn't it cute? Might vary the module set over time, but this is a good start. I just realized it might even be possible to use this as a minimal sound engine for touring with the Pencil Fields project, too, swapping the joystick for some further wavemangling goodness - it is hard to bring the big one overseas sometimes.

subterryanean wrote:
What's the story with the TriCore VCO, is it a newer module?

Yes, Tom has updated his oscillator line recently, releasing a couple of new ones. This is one of them. It excels at FM, and has a built-in CV-controlled wavefolder for increased timberal awesomeness. Check this track I did a week ago for an example of what it can do: http://soundcloud.com/otoskope/slowly-discharging-air-of

/Palle
UMBRA77
Great Job!!
darenager
applause Clever stuff!
krz
What's that new enviro term?
Cradle to cradle recycling? ;)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1