MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Really cheap german-grown bananas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Really cheap german-grown bananas
richard
These are a really pretty good. Wish I'd found them before spending a ton on Pomonas - no really short lengths unfortunately, which is what I could do with at the moment
http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/MjA2OTA5OTk-/Messtechnik_Uhren/Messtechnik  /Leitungen_Spitzen_Klemmen/Messleitungen_mit_Bueschelsteckern.html
stainers
Foof! I wish we had some similar competition in 3.5mm 'stackables'
franzschuier
WOW what a find... But who should know bananas are Büschelstecker...
Did you try them in flesh?
richard
I can never normally find anything on german electronics sites because they often seem to have weird names that are not actually what anyone calls things - but that could be a more general languge problem have hihi

I have indeed touched and fondled them and they certainly seem nicer than any other cheap option. I can't remember how stiff the cable is though. I don't know about longevity either - they are cheap - but Macumbista has been using them for a while as far as I know without any problems
a100user
Nice find, thanks for sharing.
tIB
Ooh, nice find. Dont suppose they could be modded to make them smaller lengths? Are they a sealed unit?
richard
I don't have one in front of me but I'm pretty sure they are sealed
MechaSeb
Nice find ! Probably order some in few days.

Also i remember a thread here which was about a french manufacturer of banana cables & plugs (or was it only about plugs ?) Don Buchla wanted to try... it surprised me Don isn't actually a big fan of Pomona stuffs apparently.
electronicpresskit
how's the push/pull resistance compare to pomonas? I'd love to see a close up picture of the connector if someone tries these!

Guinness ftw!
nanotone
I don't think the plugs will fit neither in Serge nor Buchla jacks. hmmm.....

They have got a diameter of 4 mm however the Pomona plugs have a diameter of 4.21 mm.
weinglas
nanotone wrote:

They have got a diameter of 4 mm however the Pomona plugs have a diameter of 4.21 mm.

Got some bananas from German company Hirschmann. They are also specified with 4mm and fit perfectly. Guess the 4mm is some kind of industry standard.
nanotone
weinglas wrote:
nanotone wrote:

Got some bananas from German company Hirschmann. They are also specified with 4mm and fit perfectly. Guess the 4mm is some kind of industry standard.

Month ago I got some Hirschmann banana plugs but they fit much to loose in my Serge.
I think it's a similar situation as we have with 1/8" mini plugs and the Tini-Plugs.

The Pomona jacks used by Serge and Buchla have a 4.22 mm hole.

A futher difference is the length of the top. Pomona has a top of 14 mm and the Hirschmanns are much longer.
richard
Pomona jacks are too tight. These might actually be better
batchas
nanotone wrote:
The Pomona jacks used by Serge and Buchla have a 4.22 mm hole.

I'm surprised the holes are identical. In the buchla it's a real pleasure to patch with pomona bananas... In the serge, it's so hard to get them out, even after months. I 'm sure if the cabinet was fixed to the table, it would lift with all the system while trying to unplug the Serge!
nanotone
batchas wrote:
...In the serge, it's so hard to get them out,...

Pussy wink
batchas
Yeah... yeah... Believe me, if you'd see my dick, you would understand why I'm so traumatized...
nanotone
batchas wrote:
If you'd see my dick, you would understand why I'm so traumatized...

thumbs up

Back to business: I impression is that Ponoma plugs are hard to get out on both Serge or Buchla.
batchas
nanotone wrote:
Back to business: I impression is that Ponoma plugs are hard to get out on both Serge or Buchla.

Right. Seems to be a bit different on every modules.
My WAD is hardcore. Really!
richard
Rastko has solved this tight fit Pomona problem. Though in a shameful and destructive way that cannot ever be spoken of.
electronicpresskit
richard wrote:
Rastko has solved this tight fit Pomona problem. Though in a shameful and destructive way that cannot ever be spoken of.

is it anything like my solution?
richard
it may well, but its too upsetting for me to think about it
rastko
electronicpresskit wrote:
richard wrote:

is it anything like my solution?

It was your solution I used and I love it ! I thank you from Geneva! "shameful and destructive" - that sounds bad , like reallllyyy bad twisted
electronicpresskit
Glad it's working for you! It's hard for me to imagine patching with the unmodified cables anymore. Maybe these new cables that Richard is pointing to will save us heathens from our shameful and destructive ways! hihi
oljud
Dx.com have cheap stuff. Not sure how good it is...

cheap banana cables:

http://dx.com/p/5-color-2-0mm-banana-plug-dupont-connection-wire-cable -30cm-5-pcs-151868?item=25

nice looking plugs. you have to do the sideways trick with them tough:

http://dx.com/p/loudspeaker-cable-banana-plugs-connectors-green-silver -lantern-20-piece-pack-133087?item=11
electronicpresskit
oljud wrote:
Dx.com have cheap stuff. Not sure how good it is...

cheap banana cables:

http://dx.com/p/5-color-2-0mm-banana-plug-dupont-connection-wire-cable -30cm-5-pcs-151868?item=25

those are mini-banana cables, I don't think those are going to work very well for most of us.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3