MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Benjolin PCB?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Benjolin PCB?
julien
Hi,
Seems difficult to buy a Benjolin so i think i will try to built one by myself.
If someone can etch me a PCB, it will be great seriously, i just don't get it
Just let me know if it's possible.
I need a good quality pcb because i had some issues with my lasts DIY projects on cheap/copper trace pcb (and because i'm beginner d'oh! )

here's the link for the pcb: http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/benjolinpcbv2_732.pdf

Thanx
jimmyambulance
bump - does anyone know where to get a PCB for the Benjolin? Anyone want to make one for me? Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
Altitude909
You could probably just send that PDF to a proto place like PCB fab express
windspirit
http://casperelectronics.com/finished-pieces/benjolin/modular-benjolin  / you should consider making this, doesnt seem like such a hard build if you can read schematics.
jimmyambulance
hmmm - i know this is old, but maybe a bump will bring it to new eyes?

i'd really like a PCB for a modular benjolin with PCB-mounted pots. is this too much to ask?!

It's motherfucking bacon yo waah Rockin' Banana!
sduck
Rob Hordjik himself expressed some interest in producing a limited run of pcbs for the MW community in another thread - that hasn't happened yet, but if he got enough requests for this directly, maybe it would happen - ?
thorncore
I just had an email from Rob Hordijk ,he is no longer doing Benjolin workshops and has no PCBs.

He has given his blessing for the Muffs DIY community to do a PCB run,it has been discussed in another thread but the wiggler involved seems to be busy with other stuff.

I think the workshop pcbs were all hand etched so I guess its unlikely he would do a run himself.I think people would be happy to pay a royalty to Rob in the event of a small run organized here.

My circumstances prevent me from making my own boards or attending workshops so would be really keen to get on(e) board.
thumbs up
Barcode
I would be up for doing a run of these. I was actually planning on having some done for myself. Maybe I'll send an email over to Rob and the busy wiggler (Dirty Bill?) about taking over the run.

Here's a link to the other thread......

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103041
fluxmonkey
i've already laid out and verified a PCB layout; if i can confirm that Rob is ok w/ it i would consider doing a run.
DJBRUTAL
applause Definitely interested in a pcb or two
okelk
has anybody made an alternative pcb layout for the benjolin?

For a muffwiggler-benjolin-pcb a smaller and more flexible form factor would make more sense.
Something that is small enough for eurorack. Ideally a board for panel mount pots with a daughterboard for pcb mount pots/jacks as an option...

I already started doing a layout for my own use a few months ago and then put the project on hold. ..also because it sounded like there is a MF-benjolin comming soon in the other thread...
Repeater
fluxmonkey wrote:
i've already laid out and verified a PCB layout; if i can confirm that Rob is ok w/ it i would consider doing a run.

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

I could use a third Benjolin...
yan6
I'm totally in for one of these, who's doing a panel hyper
xahdrez
I'm also very interested in one of these - have been keen to build one ever since I had a go on one over the summer!
grilojoe
fluxmonkey wrote:
thumbs up

I'm in if this run actually happens. applause
mikecameron
I'm definitely in.
synchromesh
This sounds good; I'd be in for a PCB or two, particularly if it was Eurorack-friendly.
Dirty_Bill
Gents,

A while back I had a conversation with Rob - here was his suggestion - I have no time to manage a DIY PCB project, but there are many here who could.

From Rob:

"Hi Bill,

I think it would be good to proceed quickly with an offical Muggwiggler Benjolin PCB. My suggestion is that the PCB would be up for sale through Muffwiggler at the production costs and people can order a maximum of two. This way it will remain the DIY project it is meant to be and prevent people from building lots of Benjolins for others on a commercial basis using the Muffwiggler PCBs. In this way nobody needs to pay me anything and it will be a 'gentlemen agreement' between Muffwiggler and me.

But if some experienced builders would want to organize a workshop using the PCBs I think it would be no problem to use the PCBs. The forum should keep a tag on those workshops, so like 'official Muffwiggler Benjolin workshops' under support of the forum.

So, if someone wants to redo the PCB layout in a format that is compatible with the PCB service you guys would like to use, I may have some more tips on some schematic adaptations, e.g. a separate input for the filter, etc. I suggest that person should contact me directly through my email.

Regrettably I will not have the time to support this project on the forum. But as it is DIY I suppose the forum members will support each other.

Is this a good deal? Would you mind to pass this on to the forum and discuss it there?

Regards,
/Rob"

Good luck, and I'm in for a board when it runs!

8_)
Reality Checkpoint
I would be in for a eurorack PCB, and I would need a panel too.
Altitude909
PCB mounted jacks and pots?
Dirty_Bill
I would doubt this would be a Euro PCB, as there is a licensed Euro version available from Epoch Modular.

I like the current form factor - especially Macumbista's banana builds...

It would be nice to get a new version with the Casper Mods (and some more features which Rob has hinted at via email as well).

The challenge here is not how many PCBs sell, but who will step up and manage the development and sales? Muffs (Mike? Interested?)
grilojoe
Dirty_Bill wrote:

It would be nice to get a new version with the Casper Mods (and some more features which Rob has hinted at via email as well).

Incorporating Casper Electronics' modifications would be rad!
BugBrand
grilojoe wrote:
Dirty_Bill wrote:

Incorporating Casper Electronics' modifications would be rad!

Preferably also correcting the glaring pot wiring error!
http://casperelectronics.com/benjolin-cv-and-audio-inputs/
Dirty_Bill
BugBrand wrote:

Preferably also correcting the glaring pot wiring error!
http://casperelectronics.com/benjolin-cv-and-audio-inputs/

FWIW I talked to Pete (Edwards = Casper Electronics) too about his Kit/PCB - Grad Schoolus Interuptus... So it's up to the Muffs Community to figure it out!
Barcode
I'm in for a couple PCB's if someone does a run. If not I'll just continue working on my own layout.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12