MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ArdCore vs. NoiseRing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author ArdCore vs. NoiseRing
chisel316
I created an ArdCore sketch emulating the basic functionality of the NoiseRing. I don't have the NoiseRing module to compare against, so I don't know if I came close or missed the mark. Either way, it's a lot of fun to play with! Hope you enjoy the video demo!

Peace \/
chisel316

Update: I attached the sketch to this post. Please try it out and let me know how it compares to the real thing! Thanks.
boom blip
Oh man if you can find a way to upload this I anywhere I would love to get a copy.
Noha
i'd love to try this!
you could use sendspace or a similar service to upload the file.
exper
Oh man. If they really come out with silver panels, I think this is a must buy.

If you could combine a quantizer in there, that'd be amazing. Too bad the Ardcore isn't expandable with extra knobs or jacks. Some sketches I see would be amazing with just an extra control or two...

Good work! Nice to see my good old Kraftzwerg again!
chisel316
exper wrote:
If you could combine a quantizer in there, that'd be amazing.

Hey, exper. Funny you mention that because I actually have another sketch I'm working on that combines the NoiseRing and Scale Quantizer. I basically took my Scale Quantizer sketch and converted it into a function that I call within the NoiseRing sketch. I still have to work out some kinks, but I got anxious and decided to post the NoiseRing demo first.

My next idea is to build on the CV Recorder sketch by allowing for adjustable step record length and random deviations from the CV input.

Yep, your Kraftzwerg is in a good home! thumbs up

Peace \/
chisel316
amnesia
This is pretty cool! please share with the Adcore library.
ettubaby
exper wrote:
Oh man. If they really come out with silver panels, I think this is a must buy.

If you could combine a quantizer in there, that'd be amazing. Too bad the Ardcore isn't expandable with extra knobs or jacks. Some sketches I see would be amazing with just an extra control or two...

Good work! Nice to see my good old Kraftzwerg again!

Its fun for the first couple of days but then its a drudgery. The audrino IDE is awful. It really just needs a simple LCD display that shows the sketch name and the knob labels and values when moved. Oh, yeah and allow the loading of multiple sketches.
lleb
You can upload multiple sketches at once. What's wrong with the arduino IDE? Pretty standard text editor.

Also the face plate is just a face plate.. doesn't change any functionality. I like the graphics/colors
ettubaby
lleb wrote:
You can upload multiple sketches at once. What's wrong with the arduino IDE? Pretty standard text editor.

Also the face plate is just a face plate.. doesn't change any functionality. I like the graphics/colors

Just saying its pretty basic as an editor.
I think if you could load 8 sketches and switch between them with a knob or buttons using a simple cheap LCD display to know which one your on would make the snazzy at top seller.
mudlogger
ettubaby wrote:
lleb wrote:

Just saying its pretty basic as an editor.
I think if you could load 8 sketches and switch between them with a knob or buttons using a simple cheap LCD display to know which one your on would make the snazzy at top seller.

darwingrosse wrote:

CP01_Compound01: A new kind of sketch; this is actually four sketches (VCADLoopEnvelope, Quantizer, RandomNote and SH101 Recorder) built into one. You choose which one is active using the A0 knob on startup. When the module is powered up, it checks the setting of A0, then will use that sketch until the next powerup...
chisel316
I attached the sketch to the first post. Enjoy!

Peace \/
chisel316
amnesia
Thanks!

Unortunately I am sitting by a pool at the moment sippin on gin and jiuce and wont be near my modular to test it out for a week :-(
chisel316
amnesia wrote:
Thanks!

Unortunately I am sitting by a pool at the moment sippin on gin and jiuce and wont be near my modular to test it out for a week :-(

Unfortunately? We should all be so unfortunate! lol

Peace \/
chisel316
dalasv
I think maybe a difference is that the NoiseRing can be more sporadic in its output timing. It doesn't output a new voltage on every clock pulse.

Cool sketch tho smile
mudlogger
chisel316 - thanks for posting thumbs up
loss1234
very interesting

thanks for posting!! you should add it to the user library on github!
chisel316
loss1234 wrote:
very interesting

thanks for posting!! you should add it to the user library on github!

Do I need to setup a new account or can I upload to an existing ArdCore repository?

Peace \/
chisel316
chisel316
dalasv wrote:
I think maybe a difference is that the NoiseRing can be more sporadic in its output timing. It doesn't output a new voltage on every clock pulse.

Cool sketch tho smile

Thanks. I actually noticed the sporadic output timing while watching the Big City Music demo of the NoiseRing on YouTube. Maybe I'll try modifying the sketch to produce a more sporadic timing.

Peace \/
chisel316
exper
chisel316 wrote:
dalasv wrote:

Cool sketch tho smile

Thanks. I actually noticed the sporadic output timing while watching the Big City Music demo of the NoiseRing on YouTube. Maybe I'll try modifying the sketch to produce a more sporadic timing.

Peace \/
chisel316

From what I remember with mine, the clock was very steady, one of the best in the format, the clocking instability came from the output of one of the streams (1 or 2) being normalized to the ext rate knob, so that with no other modulation plugged in, and running on its own internal clock, increasing this knob would use the output CV to modulate the speed of the rate clock.

Its just like with the wogglebug. You can patch one of the output CVs to the rate cv in jack and do the same thing.
dalasv
exper wrote:
chisel316 wrote:
dalasv wrote:

Cool sketch tho smile

Peace \/
chisel316

From what I remember with mine, the clock was very steady, one of the best in the format, the clocking instability came from the output of one of the streams (1 or 2) being normalized to the ext rate knob, so that with no other modulation plugged in, and running on its own internal clock, increasing this knob would use the output CV to modulate the speed of the rate clock.

Its just like with the wogglebug. You can patch one of the output CVs to the rate cv in jack and do the same thing.

Good point. It's variable.
chisel316
I only implemented the 2^n states DAC output. In fact, I used decimals for all the math. I need to better understand the n+1 states output so I can implement that also. With one 8-bit shift register the n+1 output produces nine states right? Are they spread out over the full 0-10V? Are they octave outputs? I also haven't implemented the internal clock or rate controls. I'll see if I can figure these out.

Peace \/
chisel316
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1