MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EHX Analog Memory Boy Delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author EHX Analog Memory Boy Delay
insomniyack
Only $99 for an EHX analog delay with modulation and power adapter too...looks tempting.

So this question to those of you with the DMM or another EHX analog delay...

I consider the Carbon Copy to be a dark delay and I was wondering if this one was any brighter. Yes it's still analog so it's not going to be crystal-clear but is it a bit more predominant in the higher frequency than the Carbon Copy delay pedal?
Kwote
do you have a picture of it?
Luka

did e-h make the memory man?
Cybananna
yep
insomniyack
No DMM users here?
Cybananna
yes, but it's the only one i've used so I have nothing to compare to. never heard the carbon copy.
haiku-ish
more here :

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6734
Kwote
interesting. it actually sounds better than the memory man.

but i doubt i'd get it. if i do get another guitar pedal delay i'm going for the memory lane vers.2
insomniyack
I got one and it's pretty nice. Lots of twisted modulation features on this thing and great for weird morphing sounds. Doesn't HAVE to be out there if you want it normal sounding also!

Good spend of $100 for sure!
Kwote
I can't justify it. I really wanted to run my guitar through the modular but I'm realizing that pedals just work so much better. I'm not really interested in a ton of wacky modulation for guitar anyway so don't mind the absence of cv.

Anyway what I'm getting at is investing in pedals for the longterm. I already got a nice spring verb pedal and I just got a killer AMT distortion. If I get a delay in pedal format I'm going Memory Lane vers.2 for sure!!
MikeHulme
Got my Memory Boy this week, bought it for my Telemark synth and it sounds amazing!

SlayerBadger!
Kent
Hey Mike,

I love your Telemark video on YouTube. I'm truly amazed that you got all of those sounds out of it. That's dedication to the craft right there.
I'm looking forward to your next one with the Memory Boy.

Welcome to Muff's house, BTW.
MikeHulme
Kent wrote:
Hey Mike,

I love you Telemark video on YouTube. I'm truly amazed that you got all of those sounds out of it. That's dedication to the craft right there.
I'm looking forward to your next one with the Memory Boy.

Welcome to Muff's house, BTW.

Thanks for the kind words, Kent!

I'll hopefully get around to doing a new vid with the MB soon. I've had hours of fun messing around with it, so just need to capture a moment on film Rockin' Banana!
drewtoothpaste
Kwote- it depends on what you're doing but I almost always process my guitar sounds thru the modular when I record. I like syncing stuff up to my MPC's clock more often than not, and use 8th/16th/syncopated-trigger envelopes to control VCO/VCA/VCFs... and there are plenty of multiples/mixers so you can blend a little filter or reverb in with a signal before it hits the direct box or amp. smile
justin3am
I've had mine for about a week now and I'm pretty stoked. I have it hooked up to my Eurorack via an A-138d and it receives 0-5v at it's expression pedal input for modulation of delay time or internal modulation osc frequency depending on which mode is active.

The modulation aspects of it have really been the most fun for me.

It has a somewhat dark tone but it's much clearer than I would have expected for the price. Even at the highest feedback setting it takes a bit for it to go into screaming self-oscillation but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I really dig it for guitar or synth, even drum machines. smile
haven
justin3am wrote:
it receives 0-5v at it's expression pedal input for modulation of delay time ...

whoa! am I misunderstanding something? Can I use an Expression pedal input with CV? Seeriously?
haven
haven wrote:
justin3am wrote:
it receives 0-5v at it's expression pedal input for modulation of delay time ...

whoa! am I misunderstanding something? Can I use an Expression pedal input with CV? Seeriously?

To clarify - I was being way too optimistic. The EHX Memory Boy is designed to take 0-5v cv in the Expresion input, it is discussed in the manual. I picked one up, but have still not had a chance to try it. A friend lent me his EHX Deluxe Memory Man so I will compare the two for sound quality.
synthetic
I just ordered one this week. I hadn't even thought of using the expression input as a CV target, sweet. Looking forward to hearing it.
synthetic
Just received it and plugged into my tiny practice amp at work. Sounds pretty sweet to me! I don't have a DMM to compare to but sure sounds like U2, Radiohead, all of those classic BBD sounds. Should have fun playing this weekend. Now I need a Voodoo Pedal Power and pedal board, my jumble of stomp boxes and cables is embarrassing.

Rockin' Banana!
L0ren
Do you think it would be possible to mod one of these boxes and add an infinite repeat function? Maybe?
help
synthetic
Feedback on the Memory Boy is infinite. It even seems to have a bit of gain all the way up. So you can have an infinite repeat, fade it out by backing off on feedback, then bring it back by cranking up full.

Another fun trick so far is shortest delay, feedback and vibrato. Get fun vibrato sounds like that from harmonics, etc.

This box is super-fun. For $88 it's a no brainer. (Whoops, Amazon price is up to $98 bucks today. Check again in a few days.)
synthetic
Starting to think about buying a second one and getting a 5u panel made for it. Hmmm.
loudone
i was running my moog rogue through the memory boy last night. Had the moog being triggered by its lfo....played with the feedback, modulation knob, and gain....play with filter on the moog..... Dead Banana
So cool...so cool
one of the best 99 bucks i spent yet...oh wait...iused 10% off coupon at Guitar center....it was 90.00!
onrust nv
So it works also on the CV of my moogerfooger CP-251?
loudone
no cv, although it does have an input to control the modulation with an expression pedal...so i guess it could possibly be done....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2