MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Clock Module - 'Pamela's Workout' from ALM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Author New Clock Module - 'Pamela's Workout' from ALM
ALM
ALM Busy Circuits is proud to announce its brand new first eurorack module - 'Pamela's Workout'.

'Pamela's Workout' is a compact programmable clock source for your Eurorack modular synthesizer system. It provides 8 highly editable trigger outputs, all correlated to a direct and voltage controlled BPM based clock.

Pamela's workout grew out of a need to flexibly synchronize various clocked modules and external devices but do so in flexible and feature-full manner as to also enable more creative and playful rhythmic usage.

Beauty shot;

Features include;

• BPM based clock with rates 25-300BPM.
  • 8 clocked Trigger outputs each with independent adjustable;

• Clock divisors and multipliers
    • 32 separate values from from /512 to *48
    • Triplets, Evens, Odds etc
    • Pulse width
    • Random skip
    • Delay and delay division (for complex shuffle)
    • Beat Offset

• Voltage and direct control of clock stop/start and reset
  • Voltage control of clock rate.
  • Sync to an external clock input at 24, 16, 12, 8, 4, or 1 PQN. 
  • Simple realtime user interface with vintage LED display.
  • Non-volatile - settings remembered between power cycles
  • Easy firmware upgrades with no special hardware just an audio out.
  • Provides DIN Sync input & output with simple adapter.
  • Skiff friendly.
  • Made in England. 

Technical Specs;

• Supply: +12V
  • Current Draw: ~30 - 80ma (all triggers simultaneously open)
  • Size: 8 HP 
  • Depth: 22mm (including power header)
  • Triggers: 0-5v

Quick demo vid: https://vimeo.com/53179293

Expect availability at your favorite modular stores in coming weeks.

Thank you!
stellvia
Looks very nice thumbs up

Coming to Australia by any chance? hihi
exper
ALM wrote:
ALM Busy Circuits is proud to announce its brand new first eurorack module - 'Pamela's Workout'.

'Pamela's Workout' is a compact programmable clock source for your Eurorack modular synthesizer system. It provides 8 highly editable trigger outputs, all correlated to a direct and voltage controlled BPM based clock.

Pamela's workout grew out of a need to flexibly synchronize various clocked modules and external devices but do so in flexible and feature-full manner as to also enable more creative and playful rhythmic usage.

Beauty shot;

Features include;

• BPM based clock with rates 25-300BPM.
  • 8 clocked Trigger outputs each with independent adjustable;

• Clock divisors and multipliers
    • 32 separate values from from /512 to *48
    • Triplets, Evens, Odds etc
    • Pulse width
    • Random skip
    • Delay and delay division (for complex shuffle)
    • Beat Offset

• Voltage and direct control of clock stop/start and reset
  • Voltage control of clock rate.
  • Sync to an external clock input at 24, 16, 12, 8, 4, or 1 PQN. 
  • Simple realtime user interface with vintage LED display.
  • Non-volatile - settings remembered between power cycles
  • Easy firmware upgrades with no special hardware just an audio out.
  • Provides DIN Sync input & output with simple adapter.
  • Skiff friendly.
  • Made in England. 

Technical Specs;

• Supply: +12V
  • Current Draw: ~30 - 80ma (all triggers simultaneously open)
  • Size: 8 HP 
  • Depth: 22mm (including power header)
  • Triggers: 0-5v

Quick demo vid: https://vimeo.com/53179293

Expect availability at your favorite modular stores in coming weeks.

Thank you!

WHAT!

That is so awesome! Just. Wow. Are those tiny Nixie tubes or LEDs for the number display? My RCD is looking a little nervous...

How much!?
vav
Woah.
WaveRider
ALM wrote:

[*]Provides DIN Sync input & output with simple adapter.

yeah! Rockin' Banana!
Monobass
I've had the pleasure of having a prototype version of this for the past couple of months.. I have no hesitation in saying that this is THE CLOCK MODULE for Euroack SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo

Finally I can let my Flame Clockwork retire. The ability to have 8 completely arbitary divisions or multiplications with delay, randomness, triplets, highly configurable shuffle on each of the 8 outputs is so much fun it's silly. 8 different prime number divisions? not a problem.

Also this thing is built like a tank electrically, I happily had it triggering 25 seperate inputs off a single output with barely any voltage droop! And if I'm right each output is buffered seperately right ALM?

The Mothership has landed. hihi
ALM
exper wrote:

That is so awesome! Just. Wow. Are those tiny Nixie tubes or LEDs for the number display? My RCD is looking a little nervous...

How much!?

They are actual NOS vintage HP calculator display LEDs smile

Not 100% on what the final price will be yet but I am expecting it to be very reasonable. Will update when I am 100%.
Monobass
oh and yeah, the display is so cute it's silly love
haima
Awesome!

Love the yellow button. LED display looks great. etc I really like the aesthetic.

I've been wondering when someone would come out with a module like this - seems like there's been a real hole in the market.

Question - Is it possible to adjust the bpm to 1 or more decimal points? I.e. 140.1 BPM
exper
Haha, already 2 entries on Modulargrid from Stellvia and me. Already deleted mine though.

IF there wasn't the Pulse Tornado coming, I'd definitely swap my RCD for this. That said, when I end up adding a 3u sequencing skiff to add to my 12u, this is a no brainer! The independent programmable triggers are just genius.
flo
Holy shit this looks awesome! applause SlayerBadger!

Way to start euro modules, keep it coming! nanners
elektrokick
Fantastic module!

Name reminds me of the 90s applause

ALM
haima wrote:

Question - Is it possible to adjust the bpm to 1 or more decimal points? I.e. 140.1 BPM

Not really unless your syncing to an external clock which is going at 140.1

If enough people wanted it, it could potentially be added to a future firmware update (firmware updates are trivial to apply - basically just special audio files played into the clock input).
ringstone
ALM wrote:
They are actual NOS vintage HP calculator display LEDs smile

Yes they are!!! Lotsa Love

Cheers
Blair
stellvia
exper wrote:
Haha, already 2 entries on Modulargrid from Stellvia and me. Already deleted mine though.

IF there wasn't the Pulse Tornado coming, I'd definitely swap my RCD for this. That said, when I end up adding a 3u sequencing skiff to add to my 12u, this is a no brainer! The independent programmable triggers are just genius.

Have been playing around today planning my skiff setup, really needed a good clocking module and wasn't terribly happy with the various options (and the small amount of space I had left). This is exactly the clocking module I need for my small setup hyper

So, straight into ModularGrid applause
haima
ALM wrote:

If enough people wanted it, it could potentially be added to a future firmware update (firmware updates are trivial to apply - basically just special audio files played into the clock input).

Updates via audio - that's a very cool feature.

Reminds me of storing patches on audio tape back in the day.
exper
Perhaps should retire my Tame Machine and get this and a separate quantizer. I often use the Tame machine as a master clock source...

Does this sound like clock/logic overkill in 12u:

Pulse Tornado
    V-Gates
    Plog
    Pamela's Workout
    Addac Quantizer...

Dead Banana
Monobass
It's stuff like the firmware updates via audio and the fact this thing powers on exactly the same as it last powered down that take this to another level I think.
WaveRider
haima wrote:

only thing I see missing. Apart an actual DIN sync socket, but with adapters (hope you sell them) I guess it's taken care of.
Specs on timing precision would be appreciated too.. jitter? accuracy when slaved etc..
Mans
Oh my that's mighty nifty!
lionelfischer
can you describe the adapter for DIN sync? like does it take up HP, or does it dangle outside the case? is it impossible to add a din socket?
lionelfischer
have you considered making a more expensive version as well that would include din or midi clock output? something like that i think would totally kill a lot of users lust for even more products and be the king module of all. i often wish i had the innerclock module just to convert my triggers to midi clock or din or whatever that thing does.. but even then i wouldnt have a bpm counter… you should do it!!
ALM
For the DIN Sync adapter you can use one of the expert sleeper ones or pretty trivially make one yourself (The in-progress manual explains this). There is potential to make a little utility module which provides an adapter (or 2) if the interest is there.

In terms of general accuracy - I have unscientifically noticed very little jitter; recording at 120bpm maybe +/- 20 samples per beat at 44khz.

In terms of following an external clock - I'll shortly upload a video of the 606 driving it over DIN Sync and your ears should give you an idea of the accuracy .

One thing to note however is certain displayed BPM's maybe slightly out - i.e 110BPM is actually 109.6 BPM - Im hoping this wont be a problem for anyone.
lionelfischer
how would you use the dinsync thing you linked to with a modular synth without the expert sleepers module? (the two 1/8'' plugs confused me, don't i only need one plug? or do they give you an extra one as a bonus or something..
Arcade Sinusoid
Very cool 8_)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next [all]
Page 1 of 31