MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 18 panel cabinet shipping/travel case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 18 panel cabinet shipping/travel case
science
Does anyone know if this case is small enough to be used as carry-on luggage? My guess is that it is, but I don't know for sure.

I'm considering asking Buchla if I can pick up my system in person when it's ready, and would like to be able to travel with it in general without worrying about what will happen to it when it goes into the luggage hold.
ndkent
The dimensions are on buchla.com It depends on what they let you carry on I guess.

The cabinet folds for traveling, it is shown here in its extended position. Folded, its dimensions are 27 x 12 1/2 x 8 inches.

The cabinet is available with a sturdy protective shipping case, which measures 30 x 17 x 11 1/2 inches and features cushy foam inserts.
science
I guess I already knew that. Sorry for the pointless thread.

After a search on allowed carry-on dimensions, it looks like it's a no-go.
Malekko
yeah, i have one and i think it's a little big. BUT you can check it
hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi BOOM!
science
Sniper
emergencyofstate
I will have one someday. if need be, I'll advance my career to allow it.
prscrptn
science wrote:
Does anyone know if this case is small enough to be used as carry-on luggage? My guess is that it is, but I don't know for sure.

It's too large for carry-on, and I would not suggest putting it in the cargo. The case is great, but I wouldn't trust the luggage monkeys to handle my new modular!

Don normally ships packages using Fed Ex 2-day air and he will insure the item for the full amount, (the cost should be about $250 for an 18 space case to Chicago).
science
Yea I know about the shipping... I've just got a bunch of miles to use up and was thinking it would be a nice weekend trip. Oh well, FedEx it is.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1