Bugs in the machine

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, BugBrand

Post Reply
User avatar
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Basin and Range

Bugs in the machine

Post by fredguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm

A new to me machinedrum jams with the bug. Live take with a little space.

http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/bugs-in-the-machine1
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

User avatar
dan_p
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3495
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:47 pm
Location: UK 4000' above Worc's

Post by dan_p » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 am

nice
Oh you got a Nickel, I got a Dime,
I'd like to get to know you but I haven't got the time,
You got to walk like a mannequin, roll like a tyre,
Act on reaction dodge the big spud fryer
------------------------------------------
www.Soundcloud.com/dan_p
www.YouTube.Com/d4nnyp

User avatar
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Basin and Range

Post by fredguy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:11 am

Thanks Dan
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

User avatar
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Basin and Range

Post by fredguy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 am

Round two, repetitive on the md, the bug... not so much.

http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/bug-machine-3
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

User avatar
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions
Posts: 2776
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Post by dogoftears » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:37 am

awesome... groovy and acidic, quite plateau-ish, and to my tastes. 2nd one doesn't have a lot of loudness compared to the first though.
i gotta get me one of them space pedals eh...

for kicks on md, try layering the sine machine with the EFM kick machine.
music and mastering: http://xexify.com
Nelson Baboon wrote:I have made America great again.

User avatar
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Basin and Range

Post by fredguy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:03 am

dogoftears wrote:awesome... groovy and acidic, quite plateau-ish, and to my tastes. 2nd one doesn't have a lot of loudness compared to the first though.
i gotta get me one of them space pedals eh...

for kicks on md, try layering the sine machine with the EFM kick machine.
Thanks for the md tip. I was playing around with the sampler and got the drum sounds from a drum dokta. I dig the dd hats but I haven't got a kick I really like yet. The second one is softer. I usually record with reaper and rip to mp3 with audacity. Sometimes I use the use the normalize effect in audacity to bring the levels up. It sounded better without normalization
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

User avatar
dogoftears
Puddle of Sealions
Posts: 2776
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:34 pm
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Post by dogoftears » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:37 pm

fredguy wrote:
Thanks for the md tip. I was playing around with the sampler and got the drum sounds from a drum dokta. I dig the dd hats but I haven't got a kick I really like yet. The second one is softer. I usually record with reaper and rip to mp3 with audacity. Sometimes I use the use the normalize effect in audacity to bring the levels up. It sounded better without normalization
ah, i don't have a UW, just a plane MD mk1! so im always synthing my own percs.
i think with soundcloud it sounds better if you bounce a wave and upload that, they down res it to 128k mp3 for the stream, i think best is to feed it the best possible file.
instead of normalize try slow attack compression then a limiter :party:
music and mastering: http://xexify.com
Nelson Baboon wrote:I have made America great again.

User avatar
fredguy
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: Basin and Range

Post by fredguy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks for the tips. :tu:

Latest attempt

http://soundcloud.com/fredguys/bug-machine4
"I drink gin, and once, when drinking gin, I made a large man cry." Bill Murray

Post Reply

Return to “BugBrand Devices”